Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Yay! The Drunk Thread is Here! Yay! 3/5/10

Discussion in 'Weekly Drunk Threads' started by Blue Dog, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

This is going to be a good weekend, I think. I've been in touch with some of my old drinking buddies from college the past few weeks, and they have finally convinced me to come in for a visit. So at 3PM today, I'm sneaking out of the office and driving to the other side of the state to drink a bunch of cheap whiskey and tell old good ol' boy stories with a bunch of (real) Cajuns. I honestly can't wait to hear them yell my old nickname over and over again (as far as I know- ALL of these assholes HAD to have the craziest nicknames. And I was no different, I guess). Its hard to beat some good old-fashioned nostalgia.

I'm also staying with a girl who I used to kinda-sorta cuddle with sometimes maybe, I guess(she's actually the main instigator of this whole trip), so that should be interesting. Maybe.

So, with that being said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PAAARRRRRTY!

2. Judas

Judas
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Spring break is this week for me, which means I am headed down to Myrtle Beach to stay for free with some friends in one of my rich friends condos along the beach. We have a keg and plenty of liquor, so I imagine I will be so shitfaced tomorrow I will barely be able to stand.

But until then I have a quiz and a homework assignment. Fuck materials science.

Also, my above posts sounds like something straight out of the rave/rant thread.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I'm absolutely crippled right now by some sort of Martian Death Fever. My hands shook so much this morning I couldn't put on my coat for 3 minutes, and as a bonus my daughter cried pretty much the entire night because she could sense the fact I needed rest. I may be soon coming to the conclusion that for a 1 year old, she's pure evil.

Good ol' Canadian Club never let me down. I look forward to spending some time with it very very soon, along with my green friend.

4. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Went to DJ Champion last night. Really good and fun show but still have to work this morning. Meh, not like I need to actually concentrate much anyway. Sleep tonight and Saturday night, party? Yes, please.

5. ClaireV

ClaireV
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I was going to take this weekend off from drinking, but this thread is always such good inspiration to crack open a bottle.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Had to be at work early this morning for a big Closed Beta test we're doing.

Brought in a 40 of Baileys.

It's almost gone already.

Management is bringing in catering all day today, and tomorrow, along with an open bar, and free cabs home/back.

It's a good day to be a game developer.

7. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Having friends over for dinner, wine shall be bountiful and we shall be raunchy as usual.

I just can't decide what to make for dinner-"fried" baked chicken, mashed potatos and vegetables or shrimp alfredo with salad and garlic bread. hmmmm, such a serious dilemna.

8. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This has been the laziest week all year for me. Only work I've had to do was one assignment. Feels good to not have any exams or labs. I have no idea what to do with myself.

I've also discovered that Guinness doesn't taste as gross as it used to. Lovely.

9. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hoboken, NJ St Patricks Day Parade is tomorrow. This day is alive, and it's a creature of pure malevolence. My girlfriend lives there, so we'll be waking up at 9, and I'll be downing a couple Guinness pub cans before ever leaving the house.

Parade at 1, nap after the parade, then back to drinking like a possessed demon. I have to go to a hibachi place tonight with her and her family for her birthday, and I'm actually considering staying dry tonight in order to be in a better place for drink number one tomorrow morning.

10. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of the co-workers admitted she has never seen a second of anything Star Wars. She is now going to watch the original three, provided we supply her with enough beer and grilled meat products. Then, off to the beach as early as her hangover permits. Gonna be a good weekend.

11. Kels

Kels
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I wasnt expecting much tonight but I just ran into a wild friend I hadnt seen in ages who wants to grab drinks soon, and later tonight I got invited to some kind of a sex toy party (with free booze...how could that possibly get out of control?) by a group of female friends.

This is looking up/strange.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Make sure she ONLY sees the original three, seeing as the new ones just sucked. From Jar Jar Binks the intergalactic stepin fetchit to Hayden Christiansen as Darth Vader my GOD, what is your damage, girlfriend? What's next...Christopher Lambert starring in a Citizen Kane remake?

13. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I always have the same problem. Most of the week I plan on having a slow weekend just relaxing around the house with little to no drinking. Then I start reading this thread Friday afternoon and it gets me in the drinking mood. A couple hours after I get home from work my roommates and friends are all saying "lets go drink!"

Next thing I know its 4 am and I am toasted. I expect nothing different this weekend.

I am, however, going to go out for a ride on my new bike as soon as I get home. The weather has finally made a turn for the good and it feels like spring at last. Should be a good weekend.

14. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Tonight I'm going to Alice in Wonderland and tomorrow i'm heading down to Lincoln, NE to see New Found Glory with the two girls. Should be some good drinking going on in the hotel! Should be a good weekend!

15. BigChops

BigChops
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I am pretty hungover, and somehow just managed to roll my ass out of bed and make the best blueberry pancakes I've ever made. I didn't have any milk, so I beat sour cream in with water and the egg and they turned out fantastic. I swear I'm like the Cacguyver of cooking when I am drunk and/or hungover.

16. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to get roped into taking my daughters to see Alice in Wonderland. I'm hoping for an acid flashback.

17. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I make a mean shrimp alfredo, it tends to be orgasmic on its own, haha.

18. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

This is going to be the longest weekend ever. The only flight I could get tomorrow from Winnipeg to London leaves at 5am. Consequently I must leave the house at 3am. And it's not even direct! I connect in Toronto.

And as the cherry on the sundae, for reasons known only to my cousin, we are still having her daughter's first birthday celebration on Saturday. When I get off the plane. Sandwiched in between the wake and the funeral for my grandmother.

I almost wish I drank.

19. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

That last post was a downer. Here's an upper! Or at least a question for you all to drunkenly debate.

If a genie popped out of a bottle and offered you the following choice, which would you pick?

See how the universe was formed, or meet and talk (via some translator) with an alien life form. This is an ongoing debate I have with one of my closest friends. I say see the universe form, because that would answer the God question right there. Of course, I'd be eating crow if what I saw was Jesus sprinkling dust over the nothingness and breathing life into the cosmos, but at least we'd have our answer!

Thoughts?

20. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No shit, way to kill a thread.

I may have a phone interview here after 2:00 pm today (in 30 min). I'm nervous but excited at the same time. I'm hoping it goes well, I only have 3 weeks left until my job here is done.

On a fun note, tonight I am going to a high school hockey section championship between Mahtomedi and St. Thomas Academy. Public school vs private. The atmosphere is always really fun and some friends and I are bring a couple flasks with. Note, we're 25 and 26 doing this. These games are actually fun to watch if you can deal with the herds of tweens and over excited parents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.