Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by WendeI, Oct 27, 2012.

1. WendeI

WendeI
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Also, XCOM. Amazing. Mind you, I'm partial to turn-based strategy. $50 on steam is where I grabbed it. If you can hold off and wait for a deal (and there will be one, X-Mas likely) absolutely jump on it. You can jump in and out of your game at your leisure, and I stress, TAKE YOUR TIME. Nothing will lose you assets faster than being impatient. For me, being defensive is much more effective, especially as your progress into tougher scenarios.

I also found the PC version crashed once in a while, in my case after I made significant progress. Save your game after every other mission or so, just in case of a crash or if you want to go back and change the choice you made. You will lose countries / nations. Accept this fact. Focus on the perks you want. Start on normal difficulty or easy if you're new to this type of genre. After the first half dozen missions it can become punishing and frustrating on higher levels. I'd also suggest watching the "Enemy Abilities" on Gamespot.com that Van Ord details. Helps you prepare for the campaign immensely.

And lastly, if you want to cheat:

#1 WendeI, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. WendeI

WendeI
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'm clearly retarded, thought I was replying to the "End All" thread. Mods, please delete if possible.