Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Worst Characters in history

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by nickygonzo, Feb 3, 2010.

1. nickygonzo

nickygonzo
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

My roommate and I have been watching the series Dexter for about two weeks now, and we're about halfway through season four. I think the show is great, the writing is awesome, Micheal C. Hall's acting is brilliant, and the storyline keeps you hooked like very few shows out there.

All that aside, I'm having a really hard time making it through this last season, and that is because of a horrible horrible decision made by the writers of this show. Namely...

[​IMG]

Keeping her on it.

I can barely express in words how much I dislike her character. Almost every time she comes on the screen it makes my skin crawl. Not only does she look like a fucking alien, she's constantly messing up her investigations, begging Dexter to solve her professional problems, fucking various men on the show and causing problems that other people need to pull her ass out of the fire for.

Shes one of those characters that I feel like could do a lot for the show, bringing an integral perspective when it comes to Dexter's character, but it seems like all she ever does is throw tantrums about unimportant (plot-wise) stuff, and generally detracts from the development of the storyline. I can't for the life of me understand what the writers of the show feel she brings to the equation.

FOCUS: What Characters in TV and movies can you absolutely not stand? Not villains who are supposed to be unlikeable, but supporting characters that you just find so tedious or otherwise unpleasant that it detracts from your enjoyment of what would otherwise be a great viewing experience.

2. goodfornothing

goodfornothing
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I watch Burn Notice here and there, but I will always fast forward through the scenes this woman is in:

[​IMG]

3. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On 24 I wanted to just choke this useless bitch out:

[​IMG]

4. WickedBitch

WickedBitch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Her character on Nip/Tuck was pretty awful too. Or maybe it's that I just don't like Sharon Gless. Something about her just bugs me.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Here's one for you: Mia from Californication: a loathesome, doesn't-know-it-all sociopathic fly in the ointment who's every smug line is similar to fingernails scratching across a chalkboard inside hell. Nice body, Muppet face, and a personality that makes the Manson family look like "Up With People". Her character's only purpose is to ruin everything good and well on the show. The ulitmate buzz-kill.
    [​IMG]

6. Joka

Joka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The only man on this planet

[​IMG]

who's more childish and spineless than this guy, who doesn't exist
    [​IMG]

7. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Great thread idea, I agree with every choice posted so far.

I fucking HATE watching anything with the following character in it:

[​IMG]
    She even sucks the energy out of her photographs. How is that even possible?

Fuck you, fuck your story and fuck your actress. Boring, flat and uninspired. Melodramatic and annoying. Everything about Sun (and only by association, Jin) sucks.

Kristen Wiig on SNL is getting annoying too, see her latest performance on SNL (Jon Hamm) in an otherwise amazing episode.

Tyra from Friday Night Lights was irritating but she's gone. The mantle is now undisputed and on the head of Julie Taylor. Be more melodramatic, seriously, has there been a single episode in which she hasn't cried or sniffled?
    [​IMG]
    Because crying = acting

TV writers are all old men who led boring lives and don't know women. Women are sorely misrepresented on TV, I know TV writers and they're mostly losery people (think Judah Friedlander in 30 Rock, that's them).

[​IMG]
    Yeah, that's real funny dickhead. Go make a fart joke.

EDIT

Olivia Wilde as Remy Hadley (Remy? Seriously? Why don't you just call her Distant McExotic) was a useless character last season. She's hot and I am in love with the actress but she was just there to shoot out wildly wrong diagnoses and get her medical ability insulted and questioned by House's quips. No character progression = useless. That's Chase this season, sadly. I like Chase, he's the best actor of the bunch. Omar "Mike Tomlin" Epps is getting stale though.

8. nickygonzo

nickygonzo
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I thought of another that's probably worse than any of the ones listed already, ladies and gentlemen, I give you the most infuriating character in the history of Television...

[​IMG]

In case you've blocked this woman's image out of your head, that's Walt's wife from Breaking Bad.

This woman is so unpleasant it made me dislike WALTER, because he was stupid enough to marry this tramp. She whines and gives him shit constantly, leaves him, while he is DYING OF CANCER, because he's hustling to get her some money after he's gone. Oh, and if her incessant bitching and nagging and boss fucking isn't enough, she has to sneak off once in a while for a quick smoke... while shes pregnant. I guess that's not that bad though, it's not like she already has a disabled kid or anything.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The Entire Cast of Uselessville (The Hills)

"Like, having everything handed to you on a silver platter in life is hard. With the pressure of worrying whether daddy is going to buy me the correct shade of red for my like, Ferrari and like, deciding which plastic surgery to get next, you have no idea what hardships we go through. Why, the other day I was forced to take an actual Taxi to the spa like I live in, like, a third-world country or something."

[​IMG]
    ....any idiot who still insists that this show is "real" does not deserve to be involved in the same conversation as you. Now lightly smack them in the forehead and knock some rationality into them. Oh, and HEidi, no matter HOW many times you go under the knife you'll still be fucking ugly, and now when you turn 45 your face will look like a polished pilate ball.

10. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The thing with this is I generally hate Spencer as a person not his character. One of the worst "Characters" would have to be Dolores Umbridge.

11. Fracas

Fracas
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

AAAAH! The thing is, I KNOW I'm SUPPOSED to hate these wasted cumshots... and I DO hate them! I can't help it! I'm letting the terrorists win.

There is at least one man in Hollywood who invariably takes any character, or any show, right down the crapper with him:

[​IMG]

12. struwwelpeter

struwwelpeter
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

While I couldn't agree more that he is extremely aggravating, Newsradio is one of my favorite shows and he wasn't all that bad in it.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I always thought Andy Dick would make a great Jack Tripper if they made a Three's Company movie. That way, not only is Jack debatebly gay but also creepy and self-destructive as well!

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know everyones favorite go too in the Big Love thread this season, but for god sakes when ever Rhonda Volmer had a story arch I wanted to throw my tv out the window. Fucking bitch.

[​IMG]

15. fourtytwo

fourtytwo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Walt's wife is definitely the winner here. Honourable mentions go to Deb and E.

Rounding out the top five:
    [​IMG]
    Silas from Weeds

[​IMG]
    Echo/Caroline from Dollhouse.

I thought I was content with just those, but I thought of some more:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sprague Grayden in both Jericho and Sons of Anarchy.

-The entire cast of Criminal Minds.

16. Fracas

Fracas
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

[​IMG]

You'd think being all-powerful would be enough, but noooo - disagree with him on any little thing, and he has to roast you alive. What an insecure choad.

J/k, big guy! You know I love ya!

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Silas was a tool in the early going, but considering how fast and how far Weeds dropped off a cliff, by the end of the most recent season he's easily the most rational and likable character on the show (well Doug is more likable, but not more rational).

18. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

[​IMG]

Cant stand the Blondie at all she has that Ben Stein monotone voice that drives me up the walls I wonder if she sounds like that in bed, like the chick from forgetting Sarah Marshall oh, oh, oh I just came haha.

Oh and Horatio or whatever his name is, he sounds like he is trying to impersonate William Shatner through out the whole show and fails at it miserably.

19. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllt! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllt!

20. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

this:

[​IMG]

No doubt this bitch is fine as hell but her fucking speech impediment is goddamned distracting. I didn't hear it for the entire first season but now it sounds like she is sucking on a bag of marbles. That and her little Captain Bucky O'hare teeth fuck my brain up and make my penis soft.