Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Wonderfat Powers Activate!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lhprop1, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

You know what?

I'm with you Cherries.

Fat people don't need to be mocked or shamed any more. Everybody does it, and it's not particularly funny or original. It's hack. God knows that Tumblr can be a hilarious echo chamber of social justice types masturbating out posts, but do we really have to go into the threadbare "hurr durr fatties" territory?

You know why there's blogs like that? Because people are really shitty to fat people, even when those people have little to no effect on their lives. And it might be nice for them to have one fucking corner of the internet where they can feel like somebody knows what they're going through, even if they phrase it in a nonsensical and borderline moronic way.

I find it highly fucking suspicious that nobody on this board gives a fuck about the health of other people unless it coincides with somebody not looking how you want them to look. And it's usually about "fat chicks", because any woman that you don't have a sexual interest in doesn't much matter.

If saying that makes me a white knight, then so be it. God knows I've been called worse. But I hardly think interrupting the "hahaha fatties" circle jerk is tantamount to trying to save some woman who doesn't need it. It's just pointing out the obvious.

And if you feel some kind of way about this, then I'm probably talking to you.

2. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I propose we force all fat people to ride electricity-generating bikes until they are under a certain bodyfat percentage. Gets rid of the fatties and is productive.

3. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fat people are like the disabled. Occasionally you get a Stephen Hawking, but mostly you get the guy drooling on the clothes at Goodwill. Also he's fat.

4. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The thing I was most worried about with Cherries posts was Nom would hop in and this thread would get needlessly complicated and PC.
    Ah well

5. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thank you so much for the new signature.

6. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think anyone is calling you white.

7. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Somewhat ironically, I'm in a McDonald's using the wi-fi and the filter has blocked that website because it violates the terms of use.

8. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He said in his post that my problem is that I'm insecure and taking that out on a few targets. That's the equivalent of saying, "You are just projecting your own insecurities onto other people and therefore your points are invalid."

The second part about admiring big people that go to the gym is nice in that context. However it's easily taken the other way. The only way he has respect for overweight people is if they are actively trying to lose weight and he is witness to it. Just as an example, what if the guy who he says took up too much room on his flight and was generally annoying got home from his trip and went straight to the gym?

I dislike people who are annoying and complain about their lives, but we both know he meant fat people who are annoying and complain about their weight.

I understand you are trying to defend what's been said so far in this thread as innocent bashing of fat people who feel entitled, but realistically, the feelings of most of the posters who have bashed fat people is a universal one towards anyone who is overweight.

9. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Whatever. Keep hating on fat people, I'm obviously not going to stop you. Have your fun.

I'll be damned though if I have to withhold my opinion just because it's "maybe we should lay off of mocking people who are already made to feel terrible about themselves."

10. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Irrelevant. The fat guy who gets off a plane and goes to the gym wouldn't post on a website about how oppressed he is because plane seats are one-size-fits-most.

11. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd agree with you, but we aren't talking about the people on that website.
    I fully agree that people who complain about their station in life and have a way to change, but do nothing to change, are shitheads.
    If the whole of this thread was kept to criticizing that website, I'd have no issues. When it breaks off into a typical TiB fat bashing thread is where I have an issue.

*EDIT I also have to apologize to Kubla as I erased the wrong set of quotes. He wasn't the one who posted the second part.

12. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That 'I need an aquarium for a tub' post was seriously hilarious. The others I read were kinda disappointing, funny-wise.

I'm one of the crazy lucky people who just never seems to gain weight, even the rare times in my life where I ate crap food regularly. Been the same weight since high school (if only my hair followed suit *sigh*...). Thing is, even if I didn't have an efficient metabolism, I still wouldn't have grown up fat because my parents made sure we were active and ate healthy ALL the time. Lightly buttered/salted popcorn was about the only junk food in the house (besides cereal), and that was for weekends. A case of Coke was picked up on a bi-monthly basis, maybe a bit more in summer, and McDonald's was a RARE treat. In my opinion, whatever percentage of people can sincerely blame their genes is dwarfed by the percentage of people who can blame their parents (and, when they're older, themselves).

A good friend of mine could probably blame his genes, but he chose to do something about it instead. Despite eating the same home cooking as his two skinny siblings, he was always the fat kid growing up. Then, after graduating high school, he "got some fucking confidence", as he puts it, and started running. He lived on an acreage, so he'd run down the highway every day, going at least one telephone pole farther each time. In about nine months (-ish, it was less than a year), he lost 100 goddamn pounds. And he's kept it off. Nowadays, when we go camping or on trips and he lets himself go, he'll seriously gain up to 10 pounds in a week. But instead of eyeing his bathroom for renovations, he *gasp* works out a bit more than before he left.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

In America, a poll indicates that more than 80% of Rascal Scooter users do not actually need them for any medical reason. Do you know why they use them? I'll give you a hint:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...of course, they're all victims. Victims that think WALKING is too much effort. Are we supposed to feel sorry for them?

14. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can I ask a somewhat serious question? Why is it whenever we talk about fat people it ALWAYS has to be the most morbidly obese people that have ever lived?

15. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think a lot of you are underestimating how poor the average American diet has become over the last few decades. Everything is packed with corn, sugar, and fillers nowadays--and I only know this because I struggle to find food that doesn't have one of those things in them. Before I truly started watching what I put in my mouth, I literally had no idea just how few options we have in terms of available healthy food in this country.

When you've always been a big child because your parents exclusively fed you classic American staples--Lunchables, pizza for dinner, fruit roll-ups for snacks, PBJ sandwiches, Eggo waffles, etc.--it is exceedingly difficult to ever diet down to an acceptable size. Like, if you began life as a fatty, you're pretty fucked as far as appearances go when you reach actual adulthood. Yes, diet and exercise will minimize things. Of course. But fat cells only shrink...they never disappear.

And here's the best part: some kids can eat this shit and still remain an acceptable size. But others...well, they blow up and can never completely deflate. It sucks, but metabolism isn't fairly distributed.

So I can kind of understand where the frustration in this Tumblr comes from. It comes from always being picked on for being fat, even when it's out of their control as a child. It comes from reaching sexual maturity and facing stinging rejection because of your size. It comes from shoveling garbage like those Jenny Craig meals into your mouth and starving for months on end because those things aren't real food with with ability to nourish your body. It comes from witnessing the open derision in forums like this one just because fat people offend other people with their existence.

I'm not even going to go into thin privilege, because this tumblr does a shitty job of demonstrating it, but as someone who has been both fat AND thin...oh boy, does it ever exist. It's shocking, really.

So...yeah, this Thin Privilege Blogger might be a massive jerkface. But the core of what she's saying isn't incorrect.

16. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because they are the least likely to chase us down and beat us.

17. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    [​IMG]

That is all I have to contribute at the moment.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

edit: Never mind.

19. Uziel

Uziel
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Fixed it for you.

20. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The reason why I'm giggling my ass off at this thread is that I will never, ever attack anyone that has tried to do something about their weight. I

Mya, I get what you're saying, but I've been to Target, Walmart and Safeway stores, easily finding products without enriched wheat, HFSC and other shit that really would put you over the edge. Not saying people need to be fit as fiddles, just don't spill over to my already small seat on a plane. And if you're in a rural area, there are farmers markets, use them.

I'm also really pissed off about the narcissistic view that "everything needs to cater to me."

But back to pull out something Nom said about not being concerned about not-fat people and their health. If they had a blog talking about health privilege, I'd tell them to fuck off too. Its about bitching something you can try to control. Now if we asked ANY of those posters "Well, what do you try to do to fit into a normal tub?" I'd bet cash money the response would be "Um, uh, I'm really busy with work or family." One thing I've learned in life is that people do what they really want to do. A shitty father who is a crack addict somehow can't make a child support payment, but you can damn sure know he'll find money for his addiction. Because that's what he wants to do.

I have a problem with people that complain about things and refuse to do anything about it. I asked my doctor from Gay/Asian Northwestern Memorial Hospital, so he obviously knows what the fuck he's talking about, what percent of people are just genetically set to be fat against all odds? He said less than 10%. The reason we have this amount of fatties is because we allow blogs like this to exist and not shame the people who simply aren't trying (excluding the ones that can't for medical reasons) to fix their own problem. There is a reason Romanian chicks are constantly on their A-game. If they go to the grocery store in sweats, they lose out, they're shamed. We need to get people back on their A-games.

People are just making up excuses where there shouldn't be excuses. And the fact they want to make it seem like some worldwide prejudice against them is absolutely ridiculous. Tubs are that size because a 90% of people in the world fit into them. Get with the program or pony up. The woe is me thing is fucking pathetic.

Also, fastest thread ever in TiB history? 4 pages in 4 hours? Nice.