Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Wonderfat Powers Activate!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lhprop1, Aug 21, 2013.

1. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I became mildly enraged when I went to that website. Because I wasn't always a thin guy, and its quite easy for me to gain weight. As you get older, maintaining and losing weight becomes more of a challenge. But thats not an excuse for just giving up. And then blaming thin people and calling being thin a privilege? Fuck each and every single one of them. Its not a privilege that I go to the gym and swim for an hour each day to keep my weight down.

I like looking good and feeling good. And when I put on a couple pounds, I only have myself to blame. I work very hard to keep myself healthy. And I don't dare call my hard work a privilege. I will also never hate on a fat person at the gym who is trying to lose weight. That is a person trying to take responsibility for what they have done to themselves. Something that none of the people on that fucking website will ever do.

2. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I admire the hell out of a big person in the gym. I give them all the credit in the world. Its not easy, it is probably intimidating, and more than likely it won't work out the way they hope. But the fact that they are in there says a lot.

3. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know you blow your load in under 30 seconds more than just "that one time".

This actually pisses me off a bit. Not that we are animals and like pretty things, but the fact that you assume people who are overweight are nothing but wheezing, annoying, complaining pieces of shit. I'm sure you are going to backtrack and say it's only people who post on websites and complain or it's only people so overly obese it's disgusting to look at them with anything but disgust, however, deep down your feelings are really, "anyone who isn't skinny enough to resemble me is nothing more than a giant bag of worthless fat".
    That's entirely not cool any way you slice it.

4. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Enter the white knight. I was wondering how long it was going to take.

5. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fat people and smokers are the only people that can be made fun of without any sort of backlash. Even other things that are choices seem to be left out. *Shrugs shoulders*

6. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not trying to be a white knight, but basically saying people who are overweight are some how subhuman is on par with the most ignorant things you can think about people.
    This rings even more true when there isn't an easy way to quantify when being overweight is just a person who carries a little extra fat and a person who is overweight and therefore a whiny, wheezing, complaining, annoying, pile of shit.

7. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You forgot # 3....I bet ya this same person bitches about not being able to find the time to exercise. What with the hour long tub soakings and all.

I'm not hating, I have my own weight struggles, but you would never hear me utter these words. I work very hard to stay in the "normal" category.

8. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The fundamental problem is there's no realistic way to know how many people fall into either category, and both camps have decided to essentially take the 100% position in opposite directions.

Things like "Its not genes, its personal choice" are almost assuredly wrong as categorical statement, as are the converse. There are plenty of salad-eating chubby folk and KFC-eating chubby folk, but who knows whether the former are 1 in a 100 or some higher fraction? There's no way to really know.

9. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm sure you were just waiting for the right post to pounce, I imagine this whole topic makes you mad, maybe because you're a bit overweight too? J/k.

You did your best to put words in Kubla's mouth and spin the topic into a discussion about body politics etc, which is a thread killer. So that was unnecessary. He never said they were subhuman, he never said that remotely, but you tried to fill in the blanks and tried to continue his thought process to a place where Kubla sounded like an asshole. Deep down inside, I'm sure he doesn't think they're subhuman or that people who don't look like him are inferior.

If I had a thesis for this suddenly discovered discrimination, it'd be that there are consequences in life. Don't expect people to feel sorry for you if your life choices have consequences you don't like. You're not a cancer patient, your fat, its different.

10. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

[​IMG]

11. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He does sound like an asshole as did you in your post.
    When you immediately categorize anyone who is overweight as being a complaining, wheezing, annoying person, you are mindlessly stereotyping anyone who doesn't resemble whatever level of fitness/weight you perceive to be normal. Your careless usage of the wording and tone of your post easily points to the fact that the instant you see a person who is overweight, you have already judged them to be below yourself because of their weight. This is no different than any other type of stereotyping of race, sex, age, etc.

This topic doesn't make me mad and my own personal weight has nothing to do with the comments I've made. It simply comes down to the fact that you and several other posters have basically marginalized the lives of millions of people because they aren't thin. I'm not talking about the people who have posted on that website either. Obviously they have their own issues beyond weight loss to deal with and I doubt being skinny will change those. You've decided to lump together any person who is fat by your definition into a segment of society that is basically worthless.

12. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's just gonna use that to pepper his pizza.

13. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I went back to read some more of the site, because evidently, I like being angry and I'm a glutton for punishment. If you go to the FAQ's, they kind of explain some of the basic concepts and answers to general objections from most intelligent people.

The answers will have you punching puppies in the face. There is just absolute zero personal responsibility taken from these people.(the ones on the website) They renounce science and healthy dieting. Doctors, to them, are no more intelligent or well versed in personal health than any one of them.

And if someone asks them a legitimate question, they just respond with hateful, dismissive and moderately abusive garbage. Most of what they say is appallingly uninformed and downright criminal. If someone were looking to change their life for the better, they should stay away from there. Jesus.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think you're reading between the lines something that's not there. I didn't read what Kubla or todd wrote as that. I didn't see either one of them say being fat means you're basically worthless. What I read was if you're fat, deal with it or accept it, but don't blame it on me.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It's nice to see that LOLFats has been resurrected, to at least a degree. So....

[​IMG]

On a less funny note, here's a (now fired) New York labour boss, Mark Rosenthal, hard at work:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...he claims that taking painkillers for his bad back wiped him out every day. You know why he has a bad back? Because he's a fat fuck. This is not thyroid issues, or a victim of bad genes, or having "big bones". It is a common case of having a fork perpetually glued to your hand. Disease or not, this is Fatfuckitis, and it's largely (heh) his fault.

16. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not going to go through their posts line by line picking out the parts that are derogatory, but if you seriously didn't get from their posts that they think fat people are beneath skinny people, you need to break out your reading goggles.

17. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Know what I genuinely think? I think you have insecurities and you're taking them out on a few targets. Also we'd get some reading goggles for you, but they're only for skinny people.

18. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well of course they are. Don't want them crushing the normal, contributing members of society.

19. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have no insecurities about my weight, but thank you for proving my point. You have no idea what I look like, yet you've assumed that because I'm defending a particular group of people I can't be anything but one of them and anything I have to say should just be dismissed.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

See, you keep adding these "ands" into your reading that aren't there.

That's the thing, though, I did read through their posts before I posted, instead of extending their points for them with fallacies.

This is not the type of person being criticized, or the type of person that would post on a Thin Privilege website.

There are a number of adjectives listed here. Fat was only one of them. Personally, I despise annoying, complaining people regardless of their weight.