Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

WILDCARD WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Of course I'm referring to football but it can be spun into a focus too.

What is your wildcard, ace in the hole or however you want to word it? It can be in relation to anything at all.

For me it's cooking. Even though I don't post about it much at all, like my fellow mods 'wildered and nett, I can cook. Not bake (except the popovers I posted in the cooking thread), cook. So when I'm looking to impress I whip up a batch of my garlic chicken and pasta. Which I haven't made for quite sometime. This weekend may be it, a wildcard for the wildcard weekend.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Hot damn! They have us down for a 100% chance of rain on Tuesday! We're now over 120 days straight with no precipitation. Not non measurable precipitation, zero precipitation.

Ir's going to be a mess if we get 1/2" or so, the ground is rock hard and the streets are covered with oil.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It snowed so hard in the way home I had to basically stop in place on the road because the whiteout was so bad. No visibily, driving on top of pure glass. Old Man Winter won’t kill me on my fault because I’m not afraid to take my time. Fuck everybody else.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Gotta love working from home. I was having special coffee while wearing bunny slippers in front of the fireplace.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The beast has passed for now. But we’re supposed to drive to Port Hope tomorrow (The “It” town) which is way the hell past Toronto and I may be taking a rain check on that.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah. I’m not going anywhere this weekend. Case of wine, home made lasagna, fresh baked bread, Netflix, the fireplace, and the woodshop. That’s my weekend.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’m not a wine guy but the rest sounds good. Looks like it might be finally jumping above freezing for a bit next week. I could REALLY use a break from this shit, Dead of winter is a buzzkill.
    B2D8BDCE-BB63-47F5-BC1F-C11364D57FE2.jpeg

9. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wildcard:
    I research shit. Like all the time.
    That way when people are doing illegal shit that directly affects me I know how it affects me and what my recourse is.
    Like not paying me correctly.

Next thing you know L&I are involved and shit gets crazy.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

11. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

My wildcard is that I read really fucking fast. It gives me time to process what I've read a lot faster than most people and makes me ultimately look smarter than I am because I seem cleverer on the uptake than I might actually be.

Polling the audience. I got fired from my old job back in May. I just got a Christmas card from the CEO's son (who is a department head I never really worked with). It's a personal Christmas card from his family, not a company card. The only way he could have my address is that HR gave it to him, which is a breach of confidentiality. And why the hell would he send it to me? It's a form card. I don't get it. My one girlfriend thinks I should return it with a post it note that just says "no thanks" but that seems unnecessarily petty. Do I just ignore it? Send it back? Drop him an email to wish him a wholly insincere happy holidays?

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

My wildcard is BBQ. My BBQ is damn good, but that's because I'm obsessive about it, specifically the cooking process.

Not a drop of anything artificial is allowed to touch the wood at any point. No lighter fluid, no gas from chainsaws. This means I fell the trees by hand (if I don't get the wood from fallen limbs after storms). I cut the wood into about 8-inch chunks with a handsaw. I then split the wood further into chunks by hand with either an axe or a maul. I make kindling from some of those chunks by taking a knife and batoning them, which is what I use to start the fire, along with some lump charcoal.

BBQ for me is an art. Some people paint or sing. I do ribs and brisket. If I wanna impress someone, or show off, they're getting a 12 hour brisket cooked at 225 over 50/50 mesquite and oak, spritzed every hour with kona coffee. Homemade coleslaw, beans, and homemade Hawaiian roles.

13. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

That's the problem down here when it rains...it rains so infrequently that oil builds up on the roads and when water hits it, it becomes a skating rink. You have to drive EXACTLY like you would on ice. Slow down. Back off. Slow down by pumping your brakes so you don't lose steering. Unfortunately, these fucking idiots here can't drive on dry pavement, let alone have a clue as to how to drive in ice-like conditions. Then throw in the fact that everyone is an asshole and in a hurry and you get a fucking nightmare commute.

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I do the same thing. When I was about 8 I saw a speed reading commercial and thought it was neat, so I taught myself to devour large chunks of words in quick bites. I can't explain how I do it, I just do. I'm the same way with math...I just do a bunch of weird calculations in my head and arrive at the right answer. I was constantly accused of cheating when I was in school.

As far as the card....just blow it off and don't even acknowledge it. Acknowledging it in any way, shape, or form lets him know you received it. Completely ignoring it will leave him wondering what happened if there was any ulterior motive behind it.

Just leave him to wonder WTF? if he actually sent it himself.

It's also possible a secretary or someone else inadvertently sent it .

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just watched the gold medal game for Junior Hockey. Holy shit was it a great game. Canada beat the Swedes in an insanely paced nail biter.

USA won the bronze pretty decidedly.

16. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I started using my Twitter again. I'm still wondering why Melissa Joan Hart is following me, she's obviously never read my tweets. I'll bet she has me muted. Bitch.

Capture.PNG

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looks like the weather is finally going to break tomorrow. Thank fucking god.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That was a fantastic game, one of the best junior finals ever. Low scoring back-and-forth at its best, the goalies played out of their skin the entire time.

Did you see Sweden’s crybaby captain throw his fucking silver medal into the stands? No wonder the Rangers want him, they fucking deserve each other.

I’ve never wanted to hear a Don Cherry response more in my entire life.

#18 Crown Royal, Jan 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Meh, I'll cut him some slack. The guy isn't even old enough to drink, and winning that gold was probably EVERYTHING to him at that moment... so to not win it would be devastating. On a global stage. In 4k.

My friends were like, "but he won the silver medal!"
    Yeah... that's losing. You don't train and dream about winning Bronze, or Silver... you want Gold. When you didn't get it, partly because of a penalty that he caused... well, I can't imagine the stress, and don't know how I'd react to that.

Never mind having to sit there, in public, and watch an ENTIRE ARENA of Canadians celebrate their asses off... while you're... not.

At that point I know I would have just wanted to be anywhere but where he was, and he had to sit there and endure the entire post-game celebration.

So yeah... heat of the moment, tossed his medal, and probably immediately regretted it. (He did get it back a couple minutes later).

I feel more empathy for him than disdain.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’m kind of on the side of your friends, but here’s why: I would feel empathy had he not already done this dance, he’s a return player and threw a sissy girl tantrum the second he was handed his medal. He behaved like he was screwed, when it was him who did the screwing. Winning silver is a hell of a lot better than wishing you were on the team and got cut. Or not getting to play at all and just wishing you were good. And it is an anomaly, I’ve always credited Sweden and Finland as having the classiest of the classy players with the monstrous exception being Ulf Samuelsson.

My problem is people in the position he’s in should be on their hand and knees thanking whatever got them this far, instead of throwing your Second Place In The Entire World prize into the trash. He’s not 10, he’s 19 and going to be a millionaire in New York City. Hundreds of players before him who were going to do nowhere near as good afterwards acted with class.

So I say fuck him in particular. I hope for his sake somebody knocks some sense into his empty blonde head before he reached the NHL where he will be assasinated on ice. And any other superstar famous athlete who throws tantrums over losing, regardless if they’re 18 or 40. It’s shit like this that makes the pussy parents of today lobbying to eliminate keeping score/points in kids sports.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.