Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Why women love self-absorbed psychopaths

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by toddus, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annabanana

annabanana
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

These topics always sorta make me laugh -- I mean we all of us want a man or a woman who is funny, witty, smart, independent, intelligent, and caring. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Finding a mate with even a handful of the million qualities we deem necessary to make a match is laughable. What I wanted....I got...a man to call me on my bullshit. A man with strength and honor and kindness. He would walk through bullets to kill someone who would dare hurt me. He's got those rough hands I love, the kindness and sweetness to play "Angel Flying too Close to the Ground" on the jukebox and grab my hand in an almost empty bar and dance with me until I'm positive no other man so wonderful exists. He makes me laugh at farts, and he's so amazing at what he does for a living, I can't imagine a stronger person. He's supportive and encouraging and thinks I hung the moon. He even lets me listen to whatever music I want in the car and AND he lets me drive because it's important to me. He loves my son. He takes care of me and mine and let's my ridiculous mom hug him at every opportunity. He's a strong and steady force. He buys me flowers fortnightly. He kisses me goodbye every single morning while I'm still asleep.

But....yeah, always the "but." He's so afraid of losing me he suffocates me. He lives in my back pocket and I have to plead for time alone. He's crazily passive-aggressive and does things that he knows will hurt me when he feels I've wronged him. He's possessive and controlling at times and makes life sometimes unbearable, until I want to escape. He makes me want to leave when I would otherwise stay. He never gives a shit about my job or my need to be with my co-workers and friends. He's mean when he yells and even though I know it's based out of hurt from some transgression I may or may not have made, he hurts my feelings. He uses my past against me to crush my soul when I do something he considers inappropriate.

My mom said, "Does the good outweigh the bad?" And I wonder. Are any two people ever so evenly matched that you never count the traits you love against the traits you hate? Or do you do as so many of my friends do and stay in a loveless but quiet relationship?

What do women love about men? A happy medium. Whatever the hell that means. Make me laugh more than you make me cry. Make me happy more than you make me sad. Give me some space without letting go of me.

Yup, I know. Neither the perfect man nor the perfect woman exists. It's not what you love about a person...it's what can you deal with on a daily basis. Therein lies my belief that monogamy is a pipe dream.

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shut up shower nazi. Like I'd want to be with a woman who tries to deprive me of my warm-blanket-of-water shower time anyway.

3. c_norris

c_norris
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Especially if she takes 3 hours in the shower.

*she being any female.

4. thatone

thatone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Bullshit. In the experiences of many men, "calling women out" on the stupid shit that they say and do is relationship poison. Everyone says many stupid things every day. If you got called out 10 times a day, with all the retarded shit your XX chromosomal ass is likely to say, you'd go postal. Guys should just bite their tongue - everyone knows Chris Rock's bit about this. It is true.

Bwahahahaha!

Fellas, don't ask a woman what they want. Odds are, they do not know and will just blurt out something to make themselves look better than her*

*her being that bitch over there, you can see the one dressed like a slut? yeah fuck her

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is a simple answer to why this is. As a wise man once told me...

"Bitches be crazy."

6. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Are you asking the girls on the board to speculate why they like men to be like this? Because that would require peeling back some social-niceties layers...

7. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A few possibilities:

1. People want what they can't have.
    2. It's the start of every chick flick. Unavailable and distant guy who sees the lovely heroine, falls madly in love with her, and suddenly becomes available and emotionally vulnerable due to her because she's such an amazing human being.

This board is nothing if not an absence of social niceties.

8. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Good point.

There is probably some measure of this involved with the psychology of it. By not being able to immediately have it, you must think about it and plan how you will get it (whatever IT is, in this case, the guy).

Here is where I disagree. At least from my own personal insights, I don't think women do it to validate their self worth. I think that they do it for one of two reasons:

1. They're insecure. By finding a guy who is not that interested or in some way withholds his emotion/affection/trust/whatever, they are validating their lack of self worth. Instead of having to deal with their internal issues (why they are insecure in the first place), they can project this feeling onto a third party, and consequently blame him for the way they feel OR feel secure, since the guy is now providing the insecurity.

2. They enjoy the chase as much as a guy does. Typically men persue women; when you find someone who refuses to chase and instead demands to be the 'chase-ee," that can be attractive. Instead of feeling the pressure to control the pace and direction of the relationship, all you have to do is try to get his attention and have him show some interest. HE therefore has the control, which in some way validates traditional gender roles.

I don't know how much sense this post is making.

9. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Women want what the cannot have. Just like men want what they cannot have.*

Thread solved.

*This includes all levels of emotional, physical and mental readiness.

10. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wrong.

I can't keep up with the retarded things that come out of guys' mouths sometimes, but I do know when there is a good time to say, "That is absolutely ridiculous." Just like anyone with a social clue, you ought to know when someone is being irrational because they're upset (keep your mouth shut) and when someone is being irrational to get a rise out of you. If I'm lapsing into adolescent territory and trying to get a rise out of someone, I appreciate when they tell me to cut it out.

11. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Y'know for a sexless geek you're not in a position to offer sweeping generalities. Though, in some circumstances you may be right, but I'm not experienced enough to make a definitive statement.

12. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    And this is stopping you because...?

You know, with a name like "Supertramp" I woulda thought you'd have some 'sperience with which to make such judgements. You tellin' me your nomer...is a MISnomer?

For shame, supertramp, for shame.

My inexperienced insight is to say that this whole thread is bullshit. You want to drive women wild? Push her over the brim of horniness into the realm of inarticulate fuzzy cognition-free buzzing, undies-soaking pleasure, and hormone-blurred ecstasy? Buy a taco cart.

Bitches love tacos.

13. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Chater's tryin' to be all nice and stuff and keep the discussion going, and in three posts it devolves into this. Jeesh.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Want to know what bitches REALLY like?

A man with power.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.