Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Why The World Needs Ghostbusters 3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by travdiddy84, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Focus:
    If George Lucas can manage to get his head out of his ass, Star Wars could use another trilogy. There's a shitload of material that can be used; hell, the trilogy has practically been written for him by nerds with enough imagination to make a cool story but not enough to do it in their own universe.

Just keep the Ewoks, Jar Jar, and every other cute character out of it. Make it like The Empire Strikes Back and do three of those. There's a lot of potential there if the right cast of actors can be found.

2. Pow

Pow
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Pulp Fiction 2:

Jules wandering around, shouting at homeless people, quoting the bible, and smiting mercilessly. Marcellus runs into Butch at a kick boxing arena in Thailand, in a gay bar. They start killing people to confirm their manliness and sexuality. Quentin Tarantino shows up to say something dumb. Did I mention Samuel L. Jackson would be yelling the entirety of the movie?

Ya. I'd still watch it.

3. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Iron Eagle V: Friendly Fire

Chappy Sinclair leads a crack strike team of geriatrics piloting their Lincolns from the nursing home to Denny's for the early bird special. Doug Masters is their server. Montages featuring rebellious 80s music are still included.

"Because something's about to have us for breakfast!" Indeed.

But seriously...another Firefly movie. I don't even give a fuck what the plot is. I'll never let go, Mal. Never.

4. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's what Mel Brooks as Yogurt said in the movie, but the rumor was that they were going to skip #2, go straight to #3, and have #3 be "The Search for 2" as a play on the "Search for Spock" Star Trek movie.

Someone mentioned an additional Star Wars trilogy. I'd love to see a "Batman Begins"/"Dark Knight" kind of feel to that: Make it older, darker, and rate it PG-13 or R. Make it less cutesy and more absolute death and destruction. I mean, seriously, you telling me that an empire that can wipe out the entire Jedi collection can be taken down by a bunch of teddy bears throwing fucking rocks? Get the fuck out of here.

Give me some serious Jedi-Sith battles, some gratuitous violence and nudity, and get rid of the stuff that makes kids want to put it on their lunchbox.

5. breakylegg

breakylegg
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Star Trek 57, where Kirk pilots the enterprise across the universe at slow speeds with the blinker on...

6. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd love to see the Thrawn trilogy made into film.

Some sick part of me wants to see an Unbreakable sequel.

7. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From Dusk til Dawn needs a serious sequel with the Gecko brothers. They were some of the most badass carachters that Tarantino ever puked out, and they were wasted in a damn slasher/gore movie. Hell, I'd take a prequel where they explain what Seth and Richie did before they got busted.

8. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

That was a good movie. Loved it when Naomi Watts had to strip.

Maybe in the sequel we can get a flashback of Naomi Watts practically naked, and the two psycho's talk about her cunt and then they show it in the flashback scene.

9. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would love that sort of thing. Put it 30 years in the future, and pit the New Republic against the remnants of the Empire, which is fucking desperate to get back into power and not at all particular about how it goes around doing it. Luke Skywalker dealing with a bunch of his Jedi students going nuts and becoming Sith would be a sideplot.

Hell, you could have betrayal, lust for power, utter destruction of innocent people, all done in glorious present-day CGI mastery. Fucking sweet.

It's like George Lucas is not only sitting on a gold mine, but farted in it to keep anyone else from getting close to it.

10. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is a sequel to the book... The Wedding. No jig dancing devils though.
    Noah doesn't die in the book version of The Notebook either
    Focus:
    Motherfucking Cars. If I have to explain this or you don't agree then fuck you.

11. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Crank 2 was a masterpiece and the most purely entertaining film I've ever seen. That being said, how can they POSSIBLY top it for the third installment? Unless they have some absolutely dynamite, original ideas, I'd rather they just leave it at the second one.

Focus-

It's difficult to think of films that absolutely need sequels. Most really great films are self-contained and have resolutions that would look silly with anything further attached to them. I mean, Croupier 2? Shawshank Redemption 2? Yeah...

That being said, among films that most people have probably heard of, I would say the 1987 version of Dragnet starring Tom Hanks and Dan Akroyd. Absolutely brilliant and underrated comedy, and Friday and Streebeck had many more tongue-in-cheek adventures left in them.

Also, Nine Queens introduced one of the most charismatic, interesting, asshole protagonists in any film I've ever seen. With the ending, there's no way they can simply leave it at that. He has at least one more great heist/scheme left in him.

12. Cope

Cope
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

That just reminded me of a short film a few friends of mine made for a film festival at school a few years back. It was called Passion of the Christ 2: Rise of the Machines. In short, Jesus had to do battle with an evil robot from the future called Sinitron. I would enjoy that movie Michael Bay'ed

Focus: For those of you who have seen it, I would like to see a prequel to Sunshine. It would be cool to see what actually happened to Icarus I.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Top Secret. It was awesome, but honestly: where WAS the ending to that movie?

Skeet Surfiiiiiiiiiiiin'....

14. Punk

Punk
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I want an R-rated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. Think about how awesome that would be. I want them saying fuck and violently beating the shit out of everyone. Leonardo should be chopping people's heads off and Raphael should be stabbing. One of them could even fuck April. Why not.

15. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    "Friday the 13th 2: Saturday the 14th"

Focus: "Saving Private Ryan 2: The Return to Normandy"

Come on, don't lie to my face and your own sensibility by saying it wouldn't kick your ass harder than any other film this century. You know the sheer kinetic energy of that much awesome impacting your cerebral cortex all at once will cause a massive spike in neural function causing seizure, epilepsy, muscular spasm, and explosive decompression of the regions of your brain that process boredom. Your brain will shit itself stupid in a vain attempt to escape from its skeletal prison and hurl itself at the exploding bodies on screen of random German foreign nationals as the elderly and Alzheimer-ridden Ryan, Reiben, and Upham lead a ragtag assault on the long since conquered french cities of 2009. Remember, "Sacrebleu!" is German for "Heil Hitler"!

I can't be the only one who'd pay to see this.

16. gtg2k

gtg2k
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

"Rounders 2"
    Mike McD is living in Vegas, becoming the next big thing in poker. Then Worm comes back with a whole crew and starts cheating him to the point of drying up his entire bankroll. Movie ends with the 2 of them dueling it out at the final table of the WSOP.

"Stroker Ace 2" or "Stroker Ace: The Next Generation"
    For those that aren't familiar with the original: Burt Reynolds plays a NASCAR driver that loses his sponsors due to his cocky attitude, and gets a very opportunistic new sponsor. Jim Nabors plays his crew chief and Loni Anderson is at her hot 80's best as the secretary BR seduces.

Sequel: Burt & Loni have a kid that's just like ol' Burton Leon was in the first one. Oh, and he has to make Jeff Gordon crash into the wall and die a fiery death. Hell, it could be Burt Reynolds seducing some other chick and driving fast for 90 minutes, I don't care.

Fuck, I love NASCAR and Burt Reynolds, and hate Jeff Gordon.

I'm a redneck. Fuck off.

17. Lasersailor

Lasersailor
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Personally I'm holding out for Top Gun 2: Red-Eye to Houston. After a rather successful naval flight career of 2 sorties, Maverick gets the job of a lifetime. A co-pilot seat on a 747 making non stop flights to houston and back. In Top Gun he struggled with the death of his GIB, and Commies. In Top Gun 2 he struggles with coffee and turbulence.

18. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

A third installment of 48 Hours and Another 48 Hours. (Should we call it 144 hours? Or 6 Days?)
    I'm voting for the dysfunctional friendship that is Nick and Eddie to bring back havoc and mayhem to our fucking lives. This combo is and was awesome. Both movies are similar to each other, with exception that Another 48 Hours has more swearing and action scenes. Which is great because swearing is to talking like condiments are to your moms cooking. It always adds a little flavor even if she's an exceptional cook. But its not the case is it kimosabe, she's a horrible cook and it has a ten second rule for your food and only a two second one for your siblings. Come to terms with it, your mom hates you, and your entire existence is based on broken condoms and failed sucker punches to the baby maker.
    Both first two installments are great because it was a time when Eddie Murphy was actually funny. Remember that? I personally think that the scene in the country western bar is one of the best scenes ever in a movie.

Reggie: You start running a respectable business and I won't have to come in here and hassle you every night. You know what I mean?
    [to the bar patrons]
    Reggie: And I want the rest of you cowboys to know something, there's a new sheriff in town. And his name is Reggie Hammond. So y’all be cool. Right on.

But lest we forget that this movie has Nick Nolte in it. Yes I agree with you, Nolte seems to be a bit unstable. But I also think that is why he fits this role so perfectly, This dude is a big bad motherfucker. He is one of those guys in Hollywood that you just know was a badass at one time and can take a punch better than 99% of the population. If I was in fistfight with Nolte I would try to find a broken beer bottle or rusty pipe to try to beat into his cranium. Keep in mind that my fists are registered lethal weapons in Florida, and nursing homes across the nation.
    Lets greenlight this sumbitch with both actors to do their roles again.

Big Trouble in Little China (We should just call this "The Return of Lopan")

Lo Pan is a bad motherfucker! I compare myself to LoPan all the time. Mainly because I am constantly looking for Asian chicks that have green eyes. I also like it if they are under the age of 13. I’m kidding! (not really) This movie is kind of a weird paradigm when you think about it. I watched this movie about 100 times in high school, and thought that Kim Cattrell was awesome in it. Years later, she is in Sex in the City, and was, to put it mildly “a dirty trollup"
    Now when you watch good Ol Jack Burton kicking ass, its hard to picture Cattrell as anything else other than a whore. So an HBO series that is currently in syndication, has affected my viewing pleasure of a movie that came out when I was 11 fucking years old. Weird I guess, but the same thing happened with Guns and Roses when they came out with "The Spaghetti Incident".

Jack Burton: You can go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave.
    Lo Pan: Indeed!
    Jack Burton: Or check into a psycho ward, which ever comes first, huh?

This movie needs another installment. Sans John Carpenter. That guy has only made three good movies, Escape from NY, BTILC, and maybe Starman. Of course in Starman we got to see what it was like for Karen Allen to fall in love with an alien future Lebowski. Which is just as disturbing as Claire Forlani sleeping with Death in Meet Joe Black, but I'm guessing a completely different orgasm. (quick question, which dude gives better orgasm's? An alien with special powers, or the Grim Reaper who can end your shit any time he wants?)

Fletch/Fletch Lives (Possibly something simple like: "F. Fletch")

If you're a dude and Fletch isn't in your top ten comedies, than you need to re-evaluate your sexuality. Because you're probably at least 42% queer. (I can say that word because one of my best friends friends used to work at Banana Republic)
    There were rumors in Hollywood for a long time that a third Fletch was going to get made, directed by Kevin Smith, but from what I heard, Chevy Chase continued with his streak of being a fuckbag and it never got made. Its kinda sad, because if the remake was done correctly, it would be better than balls of steak dipped in a side sauce of bacon. I'm not so sure that this could happen with Chase being Fletch anymore, as it seems his career is trying too hard to re-ignite the funnyman that he once was (Community).
    But for nostalgia sake I'd like to see this movie done again, if it was done in the same way the first two were done.
    Erwin M. Fletcher I would choose.

I'd also like to see a sequel to The Usual Suspects, and The Last Boyscout. Nothing would be better than Keyser Soze coming out of retirement to complete his world domination. It also be great for Steve Baldwin to scream "Gimme the keys, you fucking cocksucker" in every film he ever does until he dies.
    The Last Boyscout is one of the best and underrated action/comedy of all times. Who wouldn't want to see McClain and Wayans fuck some shit up together again?

19. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of my favorite action flicks of all time is Con Air (fuck you, it's hilarious).

I'd love to see a sequel where Cameron Poe and Vince Larkin team up to find Garland Greene, with Greene always one step ahead, toying with them, and DEA agent "AZ KICKR" Malloy is one step behind.

20. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed