Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Why do we still put up with this shit?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kubla Kahn, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sitting on the toilet this morning I came to the realization that the plunging system we have had to combat shit clogs is well in need of updating. The tranquil peace of a morning deuce interrupted by the delicate balance of amount of toilet paper vs flushes needed to avoid a clog. Plunging out shit water is in need of an uber style revolution. Why in the blue fuck isn't there an inline disposal system like we have with kitchen sinks? Where is the Dyson vacuum guy and Elon musk when you need them?

Adam carolla always brings up adding an indicator light to ceiling fans so you don't have to sit there and guess if the fucking thing is turned off or not? Why do we put up with these inconveniences so long?

Focus: What areas in our lives need an update? Any seemingly simple solutions for the problems?

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    plunger.jpg

3. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I work in the medical field and every time I have ro do an EKG for the past 15 years, I've wondered why the hell, with all the wireless technology, am I having to untangle 10 fucking wires ? No matter how neatly you put them away, they tangle.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At least headphone companies have tried to help this a bit with magnetic connectors, flat style wires, and those little adjusters that go up and down the length of the wire.

Also here's a completely shitty idea some lunatic asian thought would solve the toilet plunger problem. I honestly don't have to list the reasons:

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There should be a DNS system for physical addresses. If I move, why do I have to figure out every entity that has my old address and notify them that it has changed to make sure I don't miss some important mail? I should be able to just give them my address as home@aetius.usps.gov or something, and when I move I just need to have the post office remap the physical address that resolves to.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Speaking of this, are there any actual decent programs that have good password savers? Google chromes is shoddy at best. Goddamn I hate having to dig out old passwords for half a dozen accounts when I get a new Visa card. Saving them in an excel seems to defeat the purpose. I feel like with the type of people they have on creating encrypted systems, one of those egg heads would have come up with something more foolproof by now. Something we're just going to have to live with.

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I use LastPass. I've heard KeePass is also good. Combine it with a 2FA app like Authy.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I use lastpass as well. Just turn off the “autofill” option as that has been taken advantage off in the past and is a hard attack vector to protect.