Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Why can't you be extinct?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by downndirty, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

* Or doing a "show" with a large Mexican woman underneath.

(Thanks Ms. P!)

2. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow, that's actually what I found last night. Turns out he isn't dead - he took off with a broken leg, which isn't surprising considering that these things eat their own, non-regenerative limbs if they can't find prey. Those things sound like cooking popcorn when they're trying to get out of a trap.

3. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Ok, I hear this all the time, and I'm pretty sure it's misguided.

Well-trained dogs don't yap. When they vocalize, it might be high-pitched, but constant excited yipping and/or biting is the providence of a poorly trained dog. Sort of like how pitts aren't naturally violent, but a poorly trained one can be really dangerous.

A large part of the reason that small dogs are sometimes ill-tempered is that people give them far too much leeway and not enough exercise. If a tiny dog nips a child, that child might be told not to bother the dog. Or the dog might be told "no" in a somewhat loud voice before being scooped up and put into a purse.

If a rottie bites a child, it all falls on the dog.

All that being said, don't blame it on the breed. Blame it on the owners who treat them like accessories or let them get away with terrible behavior because they're small enough that they won't cause serious harm.

Also, some cats are absolutely great. Have you ever watched a cat jump? Shit is crazy.

4. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The only good thing about cats is scotch taping their paws, spinning them in a circle on a linoleum floor for three minutes and stepping back to watch them recover. I'm not much for animal cruelty, but that shit is funny. Well, it was when I was 15.

Focus: Bedbugs. Fuck bedbugs.

5. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lions, cougars, and to some extent tigers: Yes they're great.

House cats are stupid fucking cunts that piss everywhere, scratch your furniture, poop in your cereal bowl, and don't listen to anything you say. Fuck those assholes.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My theory is, is that they are just wild animals that we've managed to corral into our homes, not mine, but aren't actually domesticated animals. Wild, satanic, hell beast. They suck the breath out of babies you know?

7. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've seen my cat jump from the counter to the top of the fridge to get at the butter dish. I then walked into the kitchen, and he looked at me, looked at the (distant) floor, and looked very remorseful since he couldn't hide or run away. Gotcha this time, fucker.

Also, the sound a cat makes when he jumps off something and lands ("mmph") is awesome.

8. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I guess. Personally though I like both cats (had cats all my life) and standard-sized dogs, each possessing quailties I like. Cats are quiet, unintrusive, hunt pests, are enjoyable to pet, low maintenance, and amusing as hell when things like laser pointers and catnip are involved. Dogs are great companions, fun to play with, will fetch a stick, very loyal, and depending on the breed can assist people with certain tasks. Little dogs though? It seems their only purpose is to be a fashion accessory, since as far as I know they don't really fill any other role. And frankly, if I'm to be completely honest I personally have a hard time respecting an animal that couldn't survive without human guardianship.

Believe me I know. If I started a website called "I swear I didn't put my cat there and have no idea how she managed to get up there/in there herself" it would be a runaway success, since every cat owner has stories about finding their cat in weird places.

9. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

Exhibit A:

[​IMG]

10. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck cats. Kittens, however, are adorable. I kept an eye on my rommate's gf's kitten while they went out of town last year, and those things are pretty cool. It's entertaining to watch them explore every aspect of their environment, or roll on their back and paw at your fingers when you tickle them. Of course, it's not quite as cute when the thing latches its claws into your finger and dangles in midair. Still, they're very playful and inquisitive, and I have to wonder if the asshole behavior commonly seen in cats is simply caused by a complete boredom with an environment they explored the shit out of in adolescence.

11. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A lot of the ankle-biter breeds (or glorified squirrels, as I call them) were developed for zipping around tight places to catch rats, etc. Yorkshire Terriers and Malteses are examples, however it seems they breed them for stupidity nowadays. You could probably train them to be lethal on mice if you wanted to.

Regardless, Dogs > Cats:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpl5mOAXNl4

12. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why is it that whenever a cat owner posts a picture of their cat (and they always seem to have thousands of pictures) doing something "cute", it makes me despise those little fuckers even more?

Nothing against your cat, though. I'm sure it's absolutely delightful.

13. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is the thing that disgusts me most about cats. They're all over the place. They're in their litter box taking a shit then a minute later they're on your counter, on the back of your couch, and on your bed. All the while, tracking their piss soaked paws all over the place. An ex of mine was a total cat woman and her cat tracked its litter all over her bed. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. A black comforter with little specks of grey litter all over it. She would just brush that it off the bed like it wasn't shit (pun intended).

I know dogs do their thing outside and walk all over the place but dogs are not walking all over my counters and kitchen table.

14. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

Honestly now, dogs aren't any different. Last I checked dogs needed to be trained not to piss and shit all over the house and I've never seen anything more destructive than a rambunctious puppy. Both cats and dogs have annoying behaviors that can be mitigated or eliminated with proper training.

15. M4A1

M4A1
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

You probably wipe your ass standing up too.

I am a way bigger fan of dogs than cats, but have had both and their advantages/disadvantages.

BabyMomma's sister has a little rat-dog fucking Yorkie that is the most useless animal on the planet. From it's "dead fish" eyes, to it's incessant need for attention, to it's jealousy when the other(read awesome) dog gets some attention. I keep threatening to take the damn thing to Koreatown.

16. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, but a properly trained cat shits inside of your house. A properly trained dog shits on your annoying neighbors lawn. Plus as has been said, dogs don't climb all over your eating surfaces.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If the theory is true dogs were man's best friends and helped early humans survive, as heat sources during cold nights, hunting companions, and warning dogs for camps when danger approach (like killer fucking cats). Other than basic companionship what else are cats good for? Any good breeds you can recommend for duck hunting? Leading the blind around the streets? Sniffing out bombs on a battle field?

18. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

Ship's Cat

Also, if you're honestly want an answer as to what possible benefit a cat has over a dog is that if you just want a companion animal a cat is generally easier to care for than a dog and requires less space.

19. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, based on those qualifications, a goldfish kicks the shit out of both cats and dogs?

That just furthers my theory that cats as pets are goldfish without bowls.

20. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's another piece of bullshit cat propaganda.

Why do cat owner's always say "But you'll love my cat. He/she isn't your typical cat!"

Yes...yes they are. You know what's NOT like a typical cat?

A dog.