Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Why are we here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by toytoy88, Jul 12, 2013.

1. SMUGolfer

SMUGolfer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

"To cut you deep, I would need a battleax and a running start"

That's what got me into the TMMB. Since then it's really been about chipping in comments here and there to keep conversations interesting. Blue Dog and NetDatta made me laugh outloud, and NetDatta's ability to get girls to flash him over the net was amazing.

The one poster I would like an update on is Savage Henry. He served in the military and then went into healthcare as a primary provider (don't know if it was MD, PA-C, or NP), I'm sure his perspective and stories are gold

2. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Put me in the category of those who found the RMMB after IHTSBIH was released, probably around August of 2007. I lurked around the RMMB for a while but didn't have the balls to post anything. I found this place after RMMB was shut down. I lurked around for a while and finaly joined and posted in May of 2010, the day that the girl I was dating dumped me. I had remember reading a thread called the Ex factor and a breakup thread and those were awesome at that time, even though I welcomed that particular breakup.

I stay around here because you idiots are pretty cool. Sometimes people on here piss me off, as I'm sure I do the same to all of you, but it's kind of like one big anonymous family around here. I enjoy the discourse that goes on, as well as the bullshit. I've found good tunes because of this place, as well as great news stories, and a variety of perspectives. This place definitely isn't the same as it used to be. We've seen the departure or lack of activity from Netdatta, 'Sack, Chater (Kojak), and many others but this place is still pretty awesome.

3. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll be honest, the reason I stuck around TMMB/here is because there are a fair number of people who regularly have interesting and valuable things to say. Most of you guys are just plain idiots. True to the name, I guess.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I was wanting to hook up with a chick who had a crush on Tucker Max. I didn't know who he was, but knew that I wanted to be inside of her, and she wanted him inside of her. So I looked him up. Found his website, pre-IHTSBIH, while the message board was off-line I guess between iterations. I had a general idea of what a message board was, so I made a mental note to come back later as the landing page suggested.

After I finished reading his stories on the website, I came back to the message board, found it was back online, and lurked there until it closed. I didn't post because I really didn't have much to add, because I was fine with the entertainment value just in reading it, and because quite frankly the people at the place scared the shit outta me.

Once the RMMB shut down, I went to ben corman's (I think?) writing board hoping it'd be the same but it wasn't. Then I heard a rumor that this place opened up. Then someone sent me a link. Been here, under various names, ever since. I post here because it's more more relaxed. If there was heavy handed moderating here I'd just go back to lurking. Sometimes people just need a place to vent and be drunk and stupid.

And sometimes I need to read that, as often as I need to write that.

5. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I bet Tucker comes on here sometimes and jerks off to us still talking about him.

As for me, I only stick around because of the steamy PM love affairs I'm having with all the TiBettes.

6. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So your ultimate goal was either to follow Tucker or Eiffel Tower a chick with Tucker.

Such high standards.

7. JC62

JC62
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I found the original TMMB during the Katy Johnson trial days, I read many of the stories and read the antics of the posters and was intrigued. Like Toytoy, I'm one of the older members of this board and my oldest daughters were both in/starting college at the time - the board gave me an insight to that age demographic and what they were experiencing on a somewhat regular basis. At one point when the original board was hurting for money, I sent Tucker a chunk to keep him going for a while, in turn I was made a mod. I rarely used my mod powers and certainly didn't bend down to kiss Tucker's ring, but I was given access to a number of the "secret" areas of the board so I could listen to the rampant narcissism and dick sucking that was going on - it was just additional entertainment for me. So I guess you can say that I witnessed the rise and fall of the Tucker Empire first hand. And there certainly was a lot of funny going on even if too many of the mods were full of themselves.

As far as this place goes - as someone else said, with the minuscule amount of mod work that it is done here it continues to be a rather interesting and intelligent group of people and discussions. It would be nice to draw out the lurkers, but that is much easier said than done.

8. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I found the TMMB after a friend of mine had forwarded me an email with the Absinthe Donuts Story. I went to the site, read a few more stories and then signed up for the message board. I don't remember what year it was, but it must have been early on in the first edition of the board because there were very few posters and it seemed more like Tucker and his friends talking through an IM chat than it did a message board. I stuck around because they were funny. I loved when they would just go off on each other, and then some poor soul who wasn't in their inner circle would chime in and just get nuked. That was when D-Rex was just mean, Slappybird just wanted to shoot somebody or something, Slingblade was a regular poster, and SiernX(sp?) was just flat out crazy.

After that I just kind of stuck around and went through the changes(TMMB->RMMB->TIB) much like everyone else here. I have to admit, when Tucker took down the board I was legitimately disappointed, especially because at first it looked like the spin off boards were going to be topic specific. Big thanks to Kojak for not letting The Idiot Board die.

I mainly lurked on that board, much like I do here, but this board doesn't have the heavy handed moderation(Read: dick sucking) that that the RMMB did.

9. Sicnevol

Sicnevol
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I can blame my mom. She got me IHTSBIH for christmas a really long time ago. I enjoyed the stories so I googled Tucker, found the Rmmb and the rest is history...

10. Jay-Bird

Jay-Bird
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I found one of Tuckers stories back in high school. It was probably a link someone had posted on a gaming forum, and that led me to the RMMB. I have stuck around ever since, it's wild that it's almost a decade give or take. I post here and there, but mostly lurk. I think the RMMB taught me not to post the stupid things that were going on in my high school mind, and think about what I was going to write. I guess that aversion to posting had stuck around. I generally listen more than talk now a days anyways, so my lack of posting kind of fits how I deal with every day life.

11. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

A friend told me about Tucker's stories in college, and I went to the website to read them. I stumbled upon TMMB and started lurking. I thought it was cool that most people (at the time....this was around 2004ish) sounded relatively intelligent and had something either funny or interesting to say. I posted off and on until Tucker took down the board, and then headed this way.

12. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I came to the TMMB, before it was the RMMB, in early '06. I can't remember how I stumbled across it, but remember the first thread that caught my interest: A thread about violence, people relating the few times in their lives that throwing punches was their only viable option. I recall only two of the stories, both from female members: One was a bartender that threw some guy out, had him come back later trying to apologize, only to flip out again and grab her breasts hard enough to bruise. Yes, he subsequently got his ass kicked by a girl. The other was a female poster who had once had a complete loser of a housemate. Things came to a head, he was leaving and said he was taking her cat (Charlie, if memory serves) with him. He got smacked across the face with all her strength, and then subjected to a tirade of verbal abuse about what a complete waste of sperm and egg he was. He later burned somebody else's house down after falling asleep smoking.
    (/csb)

I just turned 38. Not as old as Toytoy and Netdata, but close and well above the mean and median for the board. I'm here because I'm the anti-Tucker Max, and reading about youth being wasted in more exciting ways than I wasted/am continuing to waste mine is yea verily entertaining.

13. lyle

lyle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I stumbled across the tardblog in '03, which led me to the tmmb/rmmb and ultimately here.
    What kept me visiting and sporadically posting was that it this place is an island of debauchery, intelligence and humour in a community that is ultimately welcoming if you aren't a complete dickwash.
    This place has some of the best and most cogent discussions about the majority of my favourite tv shows, films and well, most aspects of real life. All the while being more entertaining and hilarious than the majority of the internet.

While I don't post here that often, it still remains one of my most visited sites, a nice little island surrounded by the sea of stupidity that is the internet

14. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fixed that for you.

15. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't remember how I found the old board, I know I had read IHTSBIH before I did though and then one day the forum was no longer active and the was a link here. As for TIB it's a good way to waste time and recently I have a lot of time to waste.

16. Yukon Cornelius

Yukon Cornelius
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Was a long time reader of the old board, can't even remember how I found it either.

Infrequent poster because I am not very good at getting my thoughts from my brain to the computer screen.

17. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

IHTSBIH > RMMB > TIB.

I enjoy the commentary here. I really enjoy the lack of blinkies and large signature lines.

18. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same.

Ya'll are a bunch of freaks. We laugh at the same things. I learn how to make new drinks. I get different perspectives on issues. I get grossed out. I laugh some more. Oh, and boobies.

I just can't quit you, tib.

19. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I was told about IHTSBIH by a friend, searched the web to discover the RMMB then on to TiB.

I visit this site everyday but I just don't feel the need to post that often because invariably, someone else will post something very close to my own thoughts...and more than once I ended up realizing that I may need to broaden my views on certain subjects based on the replies to that other posters thoughts.
    Which is a large part of the appeal because as it's been said over and over, this place is filled with actual intelligence and (almost) void of the trolling, flaming, and adolescent bullshit.

20. erk33

erk33
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I feel like this place is a refuge for a lot of the posters that weren't exactly welcomed on Tucker's old board. I enjoy this place, but I feel like a lot of the most active posters here are really pretentious. I loved the old board, I found it when I was like 15 years old and lurked everyday until it collapsed. This board has a lot of the old board's good qualities, but it's just not the same, and it honestly comes down to most active people. It's like the less popular kids that created a new persona during their first year of college, I guess.