Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Who the Fuck was that Guy? (The Middle Name Thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by toytoy88, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mine is Charles, after my grandfather. Boring indeed.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

My middle name is my biological father's. He's a pedophile, and I haven't spoken to him since I ran away from his home as a kid. My mother re-married, so I am stuck with a horrible middle and last name and all the fucked up connotations that go with it. Thought about changing it many times, but unfortunately the family drama it would cause just wasn't worth it. And now that I have a wife and son who've taken the last name, it's kinda here to stay.

My son's middle name is my brother in law's first. He's a real stand up dude, and I wanted to give him some positive role models in his life.

3. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Similar.

My Grandfather is Charles Steven which was going to be my name but at the last moment, my mom changed it to Steven Charles. Thank you mom

4. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My parents wanted to name me after my grandfathers, John and Joseph, but they figured that was too boring. So they changed the Jon to the Scottish form, Ian. Ian Joseph _________. I am the only one with my name in the world, I believe.

5. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am the man with no (middle) name.

#45 E. Tuffmen, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  6. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Fuck the police"?

Mine is Paul. No real reason other than my mother came from the old-school catholic family tradition that your middle name had to be from the bible and my father, who wasn't religious at all got to pick the first name and didn't care after that.

What really sucks is that my last name is Douglas, so half of my time is spent correcting people when they call me Doug.

7. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a great-uncle Cletus. I got off lucky.

8. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I gotta go with "Labia"

9. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No offense jdoogie, but my middle name is Douglas. (I hate that name, and for some reason it even irks me to type it.) To this day my parents can't give me a reason why they chose that name.

10. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It might also be Dewey, in honor of the reason he wasn't there for his last birthday.

11. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think hes named after the Schlitterbahn water park

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cash (as in Johnny)
    Daniels (as in Jack)
    Kenneth (as in, what's the frequency?)

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I'll take "Probe" for $500 Alex.

14. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have spent a lot of time thinking about names.

My middle name is a boring one: Robert. It's just sort of there. I would much have preferred the more unique maternal family name of Runnel.

My little brother is the third son and being in New Mexico my mom went with Tres. I always thought that was cool.

My last name is where my life really sucks. It makes me the butt of a lot of jokes.

15. numeric

numeric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My middle name is Nicholas, which was my mother's original choice as a first name, but my father proposed something she liked better and they demoted Nicholas to my middle name. Too late did she realize that her son was now named for a John Denver song.

Originally, my mom wanted me to have my grandfather's first names for middle names; Nicholas has no association to my family whatsoever.

16. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    I have two middle names (total of 4 names - first name, two middles and a surname). The second middle name used to be hyphenated with my surname so a family name, really, passed from oldest son to oldest son etc..

My first middle name is Justin. Which, to me, is cooler than my actual first name, but I've never used it aside from writing it on paperwork for identity documents, passports, etc.

My second middle name is Bury - pronounced like the town in England, but everyone pronounces it in the same manner of what you do with a corpse or the small type of fruit that grows on bushes (that's what she said). People do that and I instantly ignore them.

17. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mine is Noelle since I was a Christmas baby. Note the alternate spelling. My first name also has alternate spelling. Thanks mom.

On another note, my husband is also a middle named, also named William. It is not a family name, he is fourth of four and none of his siblings are middle namers. His "name" could just have easily been with William as a middle name, it rolls off the tongue just fine that way too. Why do people do that when their intention from the get go is to call them by the other name???

18. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Joseph, as in Thomas Joseph, same as my dad. Exciting...

19. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

MIne is Carmen. Coupled with my first name, a highly unusual one (especially for a girl), I think I'm the only person with this name in the world.

Somewhat related: does anyone else have a "name" that runs in their family? Nothing official, just The Name that everyone gets? My family is rotten with Michaels - everyone has a father, a brother or a son named Michael. One of my dad's brothers: Michael. One of my mom's brothers: Michael. One aunt married a guy named Mike. One cousin is a Mike, another is Christopher Michael.

My family is also big with the Roman Catholic names. My favourite great aunt had five kids, in this order: Paul, Peter, John, Stephen and Maria. Even in my generation my first cousins follow the very proper trend: Luke, Jake, Jessica, Caitlyn, Jennifer, Chris, Christine, etc.

I am really, really unusual name-wise in my family.

20. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, but the wife's family really likes names that start with the later 'S', think it is something like 3/4(around 20) of her generation start with that letter. I told her when we were naming our first kid, that I was saying no to any name that started with 'S'.