Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Whiner's WDT 5/13/11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BL1Y, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have recieved some (minor) complaints about the model in my previous post.
    To pick that internet starlet, I just did a Google search under "hot chicks/ bikinis". I picked the first one that I thought looked good and wasn't accounted for (by "accounted for," I mean already posted; I know where you got your first picture Shegirl).
    So here is Betty Page.
    Fuck you if you don't like her.
    [​IMG]

2. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am watching T2 Judgment Day, the first Arnold film I have watched in years. All I can think of is:

1. Man, I can't believe I used to live in the house behind Arnold. He thought I was a cute baby. He told my mom this when walking his german shepard

2. I really regret betting a friend that he wouldn't yell BOTOX!! when Maria Shriver was giving a speech at my high school. Her speech ended up being about the "Best Buddies" program for integrating the mentally challenged into schools.

3. This movie rocks.

3. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just listened to Purple Rain.
    I'm also not wearing any pants.
    And Killian's.

4. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck cops. You assclowns give a guy with a clean record a 78 in a 45 while he's dd'ing a drunk ass home from the bars on a street that no one was on during the time of night when no one drives the speed limit? Seriously, fuck you.

Now I have to go to court to stand trial for this shit, you fucking lazy, fat, overpowered, piece of shit mother fuckers. Go arrest some drunk driver who's going to kill someone tonight and leave my sober ass alone.

Didn't even cut me a break, if he had knocked off 3 mph, I wouldn't have to go to court and I could just send in a check for my stupidity.

Goddamn, I've lost all respect for these mother fuckers around here.

5. Tope

Tope
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Oh. My. God.

A rnswf tag. . . That just made my day. . . or night.

I need more alcohol.

6. ex Animo

ex Animo
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Drunk as shit.

I have a question for the veteran TiB members. What is the etiquette in regards to tipping bartenders? I remember seeing a thread back on the TMMB where someone said that tipping a dollar per drink is acceptable, but for some reason, that doesn't seem right to me. Some input would be nice, so I don't look like a fucking douchebag when I go out to bars. How much do you guys tip?

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I always wondered why giving a hole dollar for someone simply twisting off the top of a beer would be "acceptable". Mixing a complex drink, yes.

A tip depends on the bartender themself, as far as I'm concerned. If you think they're a dick and there's other bartenders in the place, take your drink and walk.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I think we had a thread on this at one point, and it got heated for whatever reason. For me personally, I tip a buck or two a drink. If it's an open tab, then usually anywhere from 10 - 20% depending how quickly I get drinks. I never not tip at least some amount though.

9. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last night, working at the brewfest I learned that if everyone else is drinking and I'm completely sober, I'm very funny.

I also learned I'd rather be drinking.

Alabama laws prohibit anyone serving drinks from drinking, which means most of the volunteers at the brewfest had no idea what their beers tasted like.

We had so many idiots coming up and asking "what's that taste like?" You have a 2oz sample glass in your hand, do you want me to read the tasting notes to you, or would you like to actually know what it tastes like?

I was serving Maduro and Jai Alai, which meant I got a lot of people asking for ".............the pale ale."

10. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A buck or two per drink if I'm paying cash, and anywhere from 25-30% on a tab, depending how attentive the person is, he kinds of drinks I've been ordering, and how many buybacks they've thrown my way.

11. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

33 miles an hour over the speed limit? Yeah, I'm going to side with cop on this one.

12. flacco

flacco
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Yay past the hump for working for two weeks due to coworkers injuring themselves. Time for some beer to relax myself and hope the second week isn't as slow as this one otherwise ill be making weapony with the stock again like last time.

Stupid coworker broke a rib getting off his boat in the driveway as he was using the ladder. he says he hit the ladder first then the ground. Its not a tall boat the top of the ladder is properly 1.5 meters from the ground and he fell off a ladder at work taller than that and was fine I suppose he just landed wrong. Hell of a bruise though

13. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They're not just twisting the top off of a beer. They're also resisting the urge to strangle your cheap ass.

If you have a tab open and are just drinking bottles, and 20% comes out to be less than $1 per bottle, you can tip 20%. If you don't have a tab though, don't pay less than $1.

But, if you're buying several bottles of the same type all at once, I think it'd be okay to go less than $1 per bottle, but certainly no less than $0.50.

If you're ordering something very complicated, of course you should tip more.

The real question though is if the $1 per drink rule doesn't come naturally to you, what other basic life instincts are you missing? Do you piss on your hands, or need to be told to put a coat on when it's cold?

14. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeup. I don't want my not-that-drunk-really-I'm-okay-to-drive ass getting a DUI when the cops show up after you crash into me.

15. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I remember the first time I bought a beer and left coinage as a tip. I was in college. The money was gone when I came back to get my second drink, but for some strange reason, that bartender just couldn't see me standing there, waiting to be served. He would make eye contact with me and everything, but it was like he was staring right through me. All the people leaving paper dollar bills looked so happy with their drinks, while I stood there like Patrick Swayze in Ghost.

The first time I left coins as a tip was the last time I left coins as a tip.

16. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I was just pissed as hell last night. I just don't want to cancel a flight and deal with the squadron so I can go to court to pay a fine. I broke the law by a lot, I should pay the consequences, but he wasn't even cool enough to know a few mph off so I didn't have to go to court and I could just pay a fine. But still, I was a moron and just wanted to get home faster...a lot of good that did me dumbass...

17. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Why the fuck should you leave a dollar for passing you a bottle of beer.

I realize in the UK and Ireland it's a bit different but I've worked in bars for years (in the industry lol) and would never expect anything like a dollar per drink.

Bartending is a very low skilled job, the tips are nice at the end of the night but for me and my co-workers it was rarely much more than the price of a taxi home. If everyone gave him/her a dollar per night they'd be making fucking hundreds of dollars a night. Which I have no opposition to really, but it's not my responsibility as the customer to enable them to make that much money.

I went out last night, spent £40 and tipped two bartenders a quid each.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Ahh now I remember this thread turned into a shitstorm...

But Solaris makes a valid point. It's just mixing a drink or opening a beer, so I guess you can look at it is you're paying for the quality of future service towards your next drink?

19. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm sure it does but that's when the staff cross the line.

If I got bad service as a result of not tipping I'd be angry. Fair enough if it's a waiter making below minimum wage relying to tips to break even but I'll only splash out anywhere close to '$1 a drink' if I'm minted and in a great mood. Otherwise I'll maybe tip £1 overall, and I tip more than most in my town.

20. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's not a bit different. It's completely different. Bartenders in the U.S. are excepted from minimum wage laws. I don't know the exact formula, but bar and restaurant owners here are typically only required to pay them 2 or 3 bucks an hour as a base wage, so long as the addition of their tips to that base wage meets state and federal requirements, which is like 7 bucks and change now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.