Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Where the fuck did that go?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Happy, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Happy

Happy
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

It's 7 A.M. and I'm getting ready for work. Coffee is brewing while I'm showering, and I'm listening to hulu's broadcast of The Daily Show. I get out, towel off and head to my room to get changed. I change, and pack my stuff up, pour my coffee, and get ready to put my boots on. As I open my drawer of underwear and socks, there's no socks left. So I go to the hamper, and tear that apart. I can't find any socks. I look under my bed...still no socks. I start cursing under my breath, and getting close to being late for work...and I can't find two fucking matching socks. So as I type this, I have a dirty used ankle sock, and one thin dress sock protecting my feet from my steel-toed boots.

Focus: What are things you commonly lose? Small things like office supplies? A specific T-Shirt? An Animal? Do you ever find them?

2. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I had lost a pair of sterling silver hoop earrings. My favorite pair that I wore everyday (I'm a creature of habit shut your face). One morning in I believe late October I go to where they normally are and they aren't there. I check the nightstand, nothing. Under the bed is a nope. Behind the nightstand, not there either. I ripped the place apart and looked for those earrings for days on end only to give up my search and settle for my less-than-favorite-too-thick ones.

Just last week I got into the shower and something shiny caught my eye (like a crow yeah yeah) on the window ledge. I stand on my tippytoes and there are my earrings! I was so happy but thought to myself, "Jesus Christ you dumbass, you've been 6'1" for a long time how could you not have seen them before today??!!!" I have no clue. I assume I was tippy one night when I took a shower and therefore didn't remember where I'd put them. Maybe.

The pair before these I tossed one on the vanity and they slid down the crack between it and the wall, lost forever.

3. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I cannot seem to keep sunglasses. Because I don't have a fat face or huge nose, it is hard for me to find a pair that fits or looks good.
    The most aggravating time this happened was just a few months ago. I had taken my old prescription frames (they were Flexon (tm) frames, made out of spring steel, so they could be bent and snap back into shape) that I had since the 7th grade and had quality lenses put into them at the optometrists office. All together, the frames and lenses cost about $300.
    Now they are gone, and I have no idea where they are.

4. Bourbondownthehouse

Bourbondownthehouse
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I lost my dignity awhile ago, and can't seem to find it anywhere....
    FOCUS: Pens/Pencils. Holy shit I just put one in my pocket an hour ago. Where the fuck did it go? As a student these are obviously important. Also I'm required to have one for my job. Like if a supervisor comes by and I don't have a pen and paper, I get in mega huge trouble. So in my work uniform's pockets I have no less than 3 pens all the time. I also keep an entire box of bics in my backpack. Speaking of bics FUCKING LIGHTERS. I used to run through value packs of disposable lighters, but now I have a copper zippo. People don't walk off with it, and it makes a cool conversation piece at parties.

5. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I lose one of two things on a daily basis, forget the fact that I put them in the exact same spot every single day and I always find them in the exact same spot, every single day.

My work phone and my fucking hat. The damn room will be completely empty but that doesn't matter, I've even looked directly at them and their presence just did not register in my brain. I generally cue it to me not being awake until at least two hours after I get to work but it's damn aggravating.

Or perhaps my brain knows that those items mean going to work and it's just trying to protect me from harm.

6. SaintBastard

SaintBastard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I have a pretty bulky Blackberry and I still manage to lose that heavy sonnovabitch about every other week. Usually, you can just call your phone to find out where it is, but sometimes I get boned when I put it on vibrate and end up looking for it for hours/days. I swear, I think I am getting early onset Alzheimer's about this shit. At least I'll get to meet new people everyday.

7. villagebicycle

villagebicycle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My solution to losing (and sometimes carelessly breaking) shit is to buy more expensive shit that I usually wouldn't have.

For example, instead of buying 6 to 12 shitty pairs of headphones, I got some Shures. Best investment ever, because not only do I look out for them way more, but I can't hear anyone! It's excellent on public transport. Same goes for my sunglasses and watches.

However, when I do misplace my fancy shit, which still happens but is way more rare of an occasion, I end up cursing out loud and making a mess of my place looking for it.

That being said, I have to buy plain black or gray socks in same length, because anything with a logo or different color WILL lose it's opposite. I have had to wear a gray/black combo before, too.

8. SnM

SnM
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

My memory and occupation require that I keep a notebook with me at all times. If I don't write a task down, it's not going to get done. This works well until my notebook decides to disappear. I can handle losing my cell phone for a day or searching aimlessly for my keys, but my notebook being gone instantly becomes my top priority.

9. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Notes
    I write down little notes to remember things and I lose them incessantly. Sometimes, I'll put them into my pocket and say to myself, "I know that you'll probably be gone when I need you next." I have no idea where they go.

My Watch
    My condo isn't very big, so it never strays too far, but whenever I do the dishes, I always take it off and put it in a place where it won't be pushed onto the ground or get wet (even though it can withstand the wet to about 300ft). The places are normally stupid, and I rarely ever remember to put my watch back on afterwards. As a result, I've found it in cabinets, in the recipe binder I have, on the top shelf of the computer desk far away from the kitchen, etc. The worst part is that I wear it so much that I forget that it's even on, which leads to me forgetting that it's off, and I end up running around the house like a retard the next morning because I'm late for work and my watch is hanging around a wine bottle.

10. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Patience, but I'm working on it.

11. OBY

OBY
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I lose a lot of stuff.

Whenever I am building something/putting something together I always always always lose my hammer, screw drivers and tape measure. Even if I stay in one spot they disappear.

12. Psychodyne

Psychodyne
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This. I was putting some bookshelves together a little while ago, and all I needed was a drill and a hammer. However, every single damn time I put one down for the other, I had to look all around me to figure out where I put them. I even had to stand up and walk around a few times. I was in a space about 5' x 5'. There's no excuse for that.

I do the same thing when working on vehicles. It's a sad sight.

13. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The worst thing possible, I have a hard time keeping track of a beer when I'm drinking around the house. I had a room mate keep a running tally how many times she'd hear me say, "where's my beer?"

14. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Expensive sunglasses I will lose with 100% certainty and within a fairly short period of time. However, if I buy a $10 pair of sunglasses at Wal Mart, I could throw them into the fucking ocean and they would be waiting for me on my desk when I got home.

15. Lowest

Lowest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I have worn my wedding ring for five years straight without ever taking it off. HOWEVER, it's not because my love, devotion, or anything else (I'd like to think I have all those thing, but that's not the reason).

The reason is that I know the minute I take it off it will disappear into thin air-- just poof, gone, forever.

I have lost my cell phone, wallet, credit cards, keys, text-books, so many times I can't even remember. Basically, I don't use my cell phone because I lose them so often I can't count on ever having one. When I was in grade school-high school, I used to have two sets of books -- one in my locker, one at home, because the minute I started taking any text book around it would get lost.

I have issues.

16. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yup. Every morning I go on a panicked furious quest to find my keys, and I live in a fucking studio apartment. In my defense I'm not a neat person, I have papers, notebooks, manila folders, and books fucking everywhere that the keys are often hiding under.

But, on quite a few occasions I've had to say fuck it and leave without the keys, and break in through my window later on.

17. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Things that always vanish for me are socks and pens. I know make a habit of every time a pen comes out of my shorts after I've finished it goes straight back in otherwise some other sticky fingered bugger at work picks it up. And socks who the hell knows where they go but nearly always they vanish straight from the wash or dryer.

18. Wadget

Wadget
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Guitar picks. It probably doesn't help that i buy yellow, semi-transparent ones that blend in with anything and everything.

I have easily bought hundreds and yet somehow still have the very first one I ever owned, too bad it's a little, gray, plasticky piece of shit.

EDIT: Now I can't find that one either... I don't know whether to be happy or sad.

19. Static

Static
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I have a tendency to leave books on airplanes. I'm always so eager to get off every single flight that I just forget about the book I was just reading every single time. Instead of getting pissed off for leaving my book behind, I just smile knowing I've recommended the meditations of Marcus Aurelius to an asshat who probably needs to read it more than I do.

20. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm on my seventh copy of IHTSBIH. I lose books all the time. Text books and regular. But because that specific one is so popular with my demographic I keep fucking loaning it out and never getting it back. I'll always turn people onto book I'm reading and then never see them again.

Another book I keep losing is called The Easy Way To Stop Smoking (which I keep whoring out to people, but you never listen.) That book will literally turn you into a non smoker overnight. And it won't be hard to quit either. The title means what it says. Despite the fact that I don't need it anymore I keep buying it for people (by buying it for myself then loaning it to them), because they're skeptical and don't want to spend their own money. They're always grateful after the fact (because it actually works) but never fucking give it back. I think I have my 5th copy of that one right now.

If you're a smoker this book will change and save your life. If you don't believe me, look at the amazon reviews for yourself:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Way-Stop-Smoking-Non-Smokers/product-reviews/1402718616/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Way-Stop-Smo ... ewpoints=1</a>