Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

When your ride just doesn't say enough about you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lust4life, Jun 24, 2010.

1. fishy

fishy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm too lazy to post a pic, but we've all seen them...

Plastic chrome numbers that announce what size your rims are

You have 24's on your Chevy Malibu? Nobody fucking cares. At least not enough that you have to proclaim to the whole world via your $6.00 plastic decal.

Probably the worst decal was from a guy at the local bar. He had a Caprice Classic station wagon, lowered w/ hydro's so it scraped the pavement. Limo tint, and a beautiful paint job of PRIMER. In big giant letters across the back window:

DON'T LAUGH, YOU'RE DAUGHTER IS IN HERE

I however, laughed as I'm assuming most people did.

2. Tim

Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I need no stickers to tell people who I am. I drive a beige Acura so y'all know I'm 70 and hitting the early bird special at Ponderosa checking out the available widows at the salad bar.

I haven't looked recently but are those bullet hole stickers still fashionable? Bullet hole stickers and erector set spoilers make for a sweet, sweet ride.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have three bumper stickers on my car, all at the top of my rear window, all praising The Mikey Show.

An ex shock-jock with very opinionated opinions, who surrounds himself with funny, intelligent people who are smart enough to vehemently disagree with him, when they feel it's warranted.

Best morning show I've ever heard. Bar None (yes, even Stern).

4. manbehindthecurtain

manbehindthecurtain
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I've got a college sticker on my windshield from when I was, well, in college. No shame there.

However I've never been able to understand why people put political stickers on their cars. Is your love for Obama or Bush just so strong that you have to announce it to the world? Talk about looking like an ass 2 years later when the world falls apart shortly into the first term.

At any rate, "when I grow up", I want a Porsche for every day of the week, and will tell you about it on each license plate. Kind of like those underwears my parents used to buy for stocking stuffers for my sisters.

Now I'm skeeved out thinking about my sister's underwear. Will a mod please move this to the Creepiosity thread?

5. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck, I saw a new body style mustang just yesterday that had the Boss Hogg horns mounted to the front bumper. I was going to take a pic of it, but I couldn't get my phone out in time.

Also, I had an Oakley sticker back in the 80s when Oakley Blades were cool. Christ.

Focus: What is it with people putting brand labels on their cars. I don't mean slapping an Oakley sticker or something. This car drives around the area I work all the time. There's also this ugly red monstrosity of a Monte Carlo that has like 24" rims on it, the top cut off, and Lucky Charms decals all over it.

Attached Files:

6. snobes

snobes
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I had the college and high scool widow stickers. Then just a radio station one on my truck. Now that I'm ol, no stickers for me unless you pay me.

My buddy did the same with his s-10. But when his little sis got it, she slutted it up, fuzzy pink dice and a dead pink animal wrapped around the wheel. The kicker was a huge decal in the back that read STRIPPER.

7. Jakeybob

Jakeybob
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

This thread reminded me of a guy I used to know... And yup, them's quad pipes in the back!

[​IMG]

8. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My sister is borrowing a car from a friend, so it comes complete with just one bumper sticker: "Abortion is okay as long as you're not the one getting killed."

Apparently it's started many the fun conversation in parking lots, where she has to explain it's not her car and definitely not her sticker. But seriously, stickers like that confuse me. Do they think I'll be driving behind them and have a revelation about abortion? "Oh my gosh, they're right, abortion IS wrong! I hope this traffic moves faster so I can go spread the word!"

Ridiculous.

9. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Got the Florida Gator license plate AND the rear window decal.

<a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Florida-Gators-White-Head-Logo-Xtra-Large-Decal-/280525960118?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_NCAA_Fan_Shop&hash=item4150a673b6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/Florida-Gators-Whit ... 4150a673b6</a>

10. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yesterday I saw a plate that said "FMLYTIS". They probably meant Family Ties, but I'm choosing to believe it stood for "FML: Yetis".

11. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Probably gets paid to have that shit on there. Either that, or the guy driving that beast is a Miller rep.

If some company offered to pay me for it, I'd put that shit on my car. In a heartbeat.

12. MainEvent007

MainEvent007
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I've seen Civics and Jettas without Civic/Jetta badges and instead with Turbo badges on them. As in the Porsche turbo badges.
    [​IMG]

Fucking pisses me off.

13. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

These pieces of shit right here:

[​IMG]

They are stuck on cars all over the place down here. Everything from Ricers to brand new Corvettes, even restored classic cars. It's a damn disgrace.

However, I do have a funny story about them:

Back when I was working at the local college, I had this friend, we'll call him "Dante."
    If you have ever seen Clerks, the movie or the TV show, that is what he was like: responsible, punctual, hard working, all around good employee. And I was Randall to his Dante: Irresponsible, rude, devil-may-care attitude, and always messing with Dante (but only because he was my friend).
    Anyway, "Dante" has this really clean 2001 Mustang GT (and he drives it like a total pussy, but that's beside the point), and he always has it washed and waxed, but he's really modest about it.
    So I hatched a plan: Me, "Dante", and this other co-worker friend of ours, "Silent Bob" (who was in on the prank, and does look like Kevin Smith/Silent Bob) all went out to the movies. Once the movie started (it was Terminator:Salvation), I had "Silent Bob" send me a blank text message to make my phone ring. I told "Dante" that it was my ex-wife, and this could take awhile, so I stepped out.
    Then I ran out to the parking lot and proceeded to plaster "Dante's" car with every tacky stick-on accessory that "Silent Bob" and I could afford! I put on:
    -Stick-on fender vents
    -A stick on hood scoop ON TOP OF THE EXISTING HOOD SCOOP
    -A sticker of the virgin Mary on the middle of the rear windshield
    -His name in old-English letters around the virgin Mary (Bonus accidental laugh: I accidentally misspelled his name)
    -A blinking naked lady hood ornament
    -"Turbo" decal on the trunk
    -"SIZE MATTERS" sticker next to the turbo decal
    -"gold" plated naked Lady license plate frame
    -and the coup de grace: a windshield banner that said "PIMP" across the top of the frond windshield.
    I was laughing like a lunatic the whole time, and when the security guard came by, I told him I was "Pimping my friends ride." That was a good enough explaination for him, and he putted off in his golf cart. Then I rushed back inside.

When we got out, I made sure that we were all parked in the same general area, and as we made plans to go to a local bar to shoot some pool. The parking lot wasn't very well lit, so Dante didn't notice what was done at first, that and because we snuck a bottle of Jack into the movie, so I said:
    "Dante, you pimped your ride! It looks slick!"
    He just stood there silent, staring at what had happened to his car.
    Finally he spoke: "Bandit, I didn't ask for this."
    Me (playing dumb): "Wait, you mean you didn't do this?"
    Dante: "I didn't ask for this Bandit."
    Me: "You think I did this?"
    Dante: "You were gone for a long time."
    Me: "Yeah, I was on the phone with the ex, you know how she is. It was probably some punk kids; it coulda happened to anyone, even me!"
    Dante: "I didn't ask for this Bandit." Then he got in his car and left. He wouldn't answer anyones' calls for the rest of the weekend (this was on a Friday). When Monday rolled around, he had taken most of the stuff off, and Silent Bob and I brought him a bottle of that stuff you use to remove those decals, and offered to remove them and then have his car washed and detailed afterward, AND HE DECLINED (I guess maybe he was afraid we were gonna do something worse?).

Anyway, we are all cool now, and "Dante" actually appologized TO ME for the way he acted. I told him I wouldn't have even gotten pissed off (too badly) if he had punched me/tried to kick my ass (I could totally take him, but I'd let him get some shots in), but he insists to this day that he acted out badly. Damn that guy is a doormat. I love the guy like a brother, but he never stands up for himself.

14. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know what you're talking about (and I'm not saying you're wrong) but the Jetta could actually have been a turbo. VW's turbo logo is very similar.

[​IMG]

15. M4A1

M4A1
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Drive a 2006 Titan 4WD with dual pipes and small 10th MTN sticker in the back window. Have vanity plates proclaiming my fandom for my favorite College. Being a PAC-10 fan here in Ohio State country confuses people here as they have no concept of life outside of the big-10. My plates are also GWOT with an Afghanistan Campaign medal on them. Needless to say, I get some confusing looks from people who actually notice my plates.

16. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Someone really loves their fast food-

Attached Files:

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Bro! Bro! Bro!!!

Check out my new RIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMS, son!

They like, spin and shit. When I'm not even moving, man!

Now, my 1982 Monte Carlo will look like Fred Flintstone's when it takes off!

Bro!!!!

Rims, bro!!! RIMS!!!!! RIMMMMMMMS!!!

18. NeonWraith

NeonWraith
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

What are those things actually supposed to do?

Round here, though, there don't seem to be too many modded cars, probably because I live in a student area, though when I used to live back down south you used to see a lot of cars like this:

[​IMG]

19. Pink Candy

Pink Candy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

During my college days, there was the Rutgers sticker and a decal proudly displaying that I paid for my friends by way of my sorority letters.

Now it's just a magnetized NY to show we are not fans of the Mariners are still in fact Yankees fans. Because idiots out here seem to think once we moved out of NJ we stopped liking the NY teams.

20. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I hung a stuffed one of these:

[​IMG]

From my rearview mirror the day I bought my truck, and almost thirteen years later it still hangs there. People who for some reason could not remember what my vehicle looked like could always pick it out because of Kermit.