Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

When your ride just doesn't say enough about you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lust4life, Jun 24, 2010.

1. JoshP

JoshP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

ALT FOCUS: I have the US Army crest above the SLT emblem on the tailgate of my truck, its not a bumper sticker, its a metallic looking logo deal with double sided tape to adhere. I have a Nor*Cal sticker on my rear window on my truck, and a little California Diver Sticker on my bumper. My bike is "Murdered out" It's all black on black, no decals or logos. I own 3 pairs of Oakley’s (all black) and don’t have any stickers, I don’t get the stickers, however i guess it is no different than people putting the Volcom Stones or anything else on their vehicle.

FOCUS: We padlocked some truck nuts to my buddies van.

For some reason I fucking hate the little sicker families on peoples car. I get mad when I see them, and i automaticly hate the driver. I have no idea why.

2. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

As far as decals go, I fucking HATE it when people throw racing and high end part decals on their "suped up" rice burners. Dude, you have a cold air intake and a whistler muffler with Bosch spark plugs. You're not racing it. You're not adding much horsepower or torque. Now, I'm not car enthusiast but I can appreciate a well tuned car or a remodeled classic but you're not supercharging your goddamn Honda Civic. Nobody gives a shit that you bought your car for $5,000 and put another $2,000 into making sound fast. It's not fast. If you want fast, I have a friend that drives a rebuilt 67' Camero pushing close to 500hp. I also already know you have a Civic. You don't need it plastered across your windshield in giant old english letters. Put it into chinese characters, you say? I hope your car explodes. Same goes for your name. I don't need to see "GARCIA" across your back window. I know you're mexican. Unless you're giving me food, I don't care. Learn how to use your turn signal and quit being a douche. I hate you.
    \end rant.

I had two stickers in high school. One was for football, one was for wrestling and went on the back window of my Explorer. Now I just have my college pasted there. It's small and just big enough to read if you're passing me.

As far as Oakleys go, they're the only pair of sunglasses I'll wear. My first pair were black and blue (high school colors) custom Flak Jackets when I was playing baseball and the sun conveniently set right behind centerfield. As a catcher, it was a nightmare to read pitches when the pitcher's release point was right in the sun. They fit perfectly under my catcher's mask and looked fine when I was out and about during the day. My second pair were matte black GascanS and were simple, stylish, and covered my eyes enough for riding and everyday wear. They're durable as hell and Oakley is second to none in customer service for replacing cracked lenses and broken pieces. My other pair are snowboarding goggles and I love them as well. You won't see me placing stickers all over my stuff to rep Oakley, but if anyone asks me about them, I'll tell them they're the best sunglasses and goggles I've ever owned. All of them have lasted 4 years so far.

3. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have decals from my undergrad and graduate schools on the new truck, that's it. My Tahoe, which we still have, have both of those, plus decals for both of my daughters' schools, and their honor roll decals (seriously, how can you say no to your kid about something like that?) My wife is much more into making "statements" with bumper stickers, like "Never mind world peace, visualize using your turning signal!" She also has a collection of antenna balls that she changes monthly. I keep throwing out her NY Yankees one, she keeps replacing it.

On the subject of plates, here's one I saw at the pickup line at my daughter's school: NUFLRO
    I hope one of the parents is a dentist, otherwise, how do you explain that to your kids?

4. The Beer Baron

The Beer Baron
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Funniest things I've ever seen were on a tractor trailer, and a gravel truck with a pony trailer in Toronto. The tractor had "Divorce Kit Inside" stenciled on the bunk where "Fire Extinguisher" or "First Aid Kit" would normally be. Although it's kind of cute when a guy puts "Pit Crew" and lists his kids on the side of his truck.

The gravel hauler (obviously a 'Cat'erpillar engine) had "I Tawt I Taw A Putty Tat" a la Tweety Bird on his tailgate, and "I Did, I Did Taw A Putty Tat" on the tailgate of his pony trailer, both accompanied by pictures of Sylvester the cat. And yes, he did fly by me doing about 70mph.

5. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My car is bog standard, the nice men in the Italian factory already made it fast and pretty.

As for stickers, simple rule, remove 10 IQ points for every bumper sticker and then treat the driver accordingly. They will do something stupid as already evidenced by the rear of their car, you don't want to be near when stupid happens at 110kph.

I came acrosss this in a car park a few months back, what do you do when your sweet wolf T-shirt just doesn't express your spiritual side quite enough....

Attached Files:

6. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My parents said no. I turned out ok.

Alt Focus: There are two decals on my car and they are both white. I have the Apple apple and a Greyhound (just the dog, but white, like in the pic). The apple is on my driver side back window and the Greyhound one is in the bottom corner of my back window. The apple was free when I bought my computer and the Greyhound was given to me after a donation to a local rescue group. Now that I think about it, those two stickers cost me about 3k.

[​IMG]

When I was in interior architecture school I did have our logo (just said iarc, again in white) on my back window as well.

7. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think these are kind of amusing.

[​IMG]

8. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I fucking love those cars with the "I love my poodle/shnauzer/Chihuahua/ insert stupid rat dog breed here" stickers all over. So absolutely funny to pass them and see the rat thing sitting in their lap.

And I'll add to that cartoon family thing...who really spends money on stickers that let the world know you have two illegitimate kids, a hooker ex wife, and a stupid rat dog? Those assholes are everywhere down here.

And I'm with shegirlie on the no stickers on my car...why disgrace the awesome sexiness of my car with a tacky ass sticker? I have much more respect for myself and my car than 98% of the people here.

9. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got one of these from Crye, pretty cool little sticker IMO.

[​IMG]

10. WickedBitch

WickedBitch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Y'all know they have those for your iPhone now, right?

I'm guilty of this. Mine doesn't have the animals but only because the store didn't carry them. In my defense, because I think they're fairly stupid too, I got them because the kids wanted them.

Oh yeah and my plates are the first initials of all 5 of us.

Attached Files:

11. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I never quite understood the "Baby on Board" stickers. Wouldn't that only stop the people planning on ramming into you on purpose? Actually, wouldn't that only stop the people planning on ramming into you on purpose who also love babies? How many of those people are out there? I'm pretty sure that if you're the kind of person who tries the PIT maneuver on station wagons for fun, you're not going to give a shit if there's a baby on board.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I also hate Corvettes with tags like VETTE or Mustangs with STANG. WTF? If your plate is on your car, I can see your damn car. In know it's a 'Stang. I'm looking right at it, and Ford was kind enough to already put a label on it that says Mustang.

13. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The family sticker thing is absolutely huge here, and I fucking hate it. I've seen some taking up the whole bottom of a windscreen.

I don't have any stickers on my car, but I have considered more than once getting some of those family stickers and some big red crosses, then decorating my car Red Baron style. But I couldn't be bothered.

14. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Heh, this topic came along just in time, because yesterday when I was driving home I saw the most retarded tricked out car yet. I wish I could've gotten a picture but I'll do my best to describe it to you all. Go to the first page in this tread and look at the picture cdite posted. Imagine a car lifted like that except instead of being lifted in order to accomodate huge wheels, the wheels on this car were tiny, like 11 inch rims tiny. As if that wasn't bad enough on its own, the front wheels had such ridiculous positive camber that I don't even know how that car was even steerable. Seriously, if you looked at it straight on the front wheels looked like this: \ /

The most hilarious decal I ever saw was on a yellow Geo Metro. I was at a Subway getting a sandwich and parked out front was a yellow Geo Metro with 'The Lightning Bolt' spelled out on the front of the hood in crooked block letters. Part of me wanted to stick around and see who came out to get in the car just so I could mock them.

15. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Have a family member die and not know how to memoralize their passing?

Have a vinyl made with their name and years lived, then plaster that shit all over the back of your truck/hoopdee/whatever.

I love rednecks

16. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Around here a lot of people have "Keep Tahoe Blue" bumper stickers. I could go on a huge rant about how retarded those people can be, but I'll limit it to their cars here. Hey ya stupid hippie, that shit box your driving that's leaking oil all over the place... yeah that's not helping keep Tahoe blue.

17. OBY

OBY
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I followed the bandwagon around here and got our college sticker on my window. Just a sticker that says "OREGON".

I refuse to put stickers on the body of my car. Stickers only go on windows.

18. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I cannot stand stickers or decals of any sort on my car because they detract from its natural beauty and are tacky as hell. However I recently made an exception to that rule, but only because it is right behind the driver's seat so I can barely see it.
    [​IMG]
    Driving a real sports car* I need everything I can get.

*Mustangs do not count

19. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I work, and used to live in a pretty ghetto town with a lot of latino immigrants, and they love to do all of these things, putting stupid shit on their cars, rims, giant decals that say DIOS EL SENOR and what not.

However the other day I saw what took the cake. I was driving behind a Mercedes, and I realized that it didn't have the right body shape. I pulled up next to it, and noticed it looked like a Mercedes, and had the star, but it was a Honda Civic that had been modded out to look like a benz.

Fucking Ghetto.

20. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Reminds me of the fake "Rolls Royce" fronts they used to sell for VW Beetles in the 70s.