Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

When Violence Strikes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

A lot of my friends were real streetfighting men back in the day. I was known as "the guy who reasons with the police".

Working in bars, drinking in bars, and just the basic "trouble finds you" bullshit that's common for nightlife around here I've summed up the amount of violent confrontations to approximately infinity. Not one to be proud of, but I wasn't a fight-picker to begin with. However, if somebody I knew was involved in an incident and his opponent's friends didn't like they fact he was winning, they would try to jump him then that would be my cue.

Cowards have no idea just how dangerous a cheap shot is. When you blast somebody with their defences down like that, you can fucking-a kill them. You smash their head, and their head hits the ground with bracing. Real life does not imitate art in a fight. You hurt for WEEKS on end when you take a true beating.

Fighting sucks, kids. It's macho gorilla horseshit and unless somebody else triggers a good excuse you have almost no excuse to need it. Oh, and it's a young thing, too. College bars have (no shit) ten times the fights of bars that don't serve idiots.

2. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You showed him what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass.

3. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I read this book recently, and it seems relevant.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/Meditations-Violence-Comparison-Martial-Training/dp/1594391181/ref=la_B002M54CNW_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1386344330&sr=1-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.com/Meditations-Viole ... 330&sr=1-2</a>

It elaborates on what Crown said, and also explains the different levels of violence. Definitely worth a read.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So does this mean no more tittie pics?

5. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been in my fair share of fights, but the only time I started one was when some guy slapped my sister when she was on college. Two friends and I drove from NJ to Penn State on a Friday night, went to his frat house, and when he came to the door, I pulled him outside and beat the ever loving shit out of him. My friends, who were about the same size as me, ensured that his frat brothers weren't going to stop or join in the fight, but my friends ended up pulling me off the guy because there was no sign of my letting up. That's why I don't like to get into fights. I don't know when to stop.

6. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know what you know, but I know you can rationalize a spectacularly bad decision like a champ.

7. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But didn't you say went driving into that complex basically looking for trouble? What was your business to drive in there knowing he lived there?

8. Psychodyne

Psychodyne
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This is pretty much the simplest way of saying it. I'm not going into my resume other than to say that I've been in plenty of fights, scuffles, wrestling matches, etc. almost always on the lawful side of things, and you can believe it that fighting gets fucking old. Fast. I'm going to be 40 years old in two months and I have so little interest in any sort of physical confrontation that I'll go WELL out of my way to avoid it.

But sometimes it simply cannot be avoided and that's the way of the world. There are always going to be people who are assholes and no amount of talking, persuading, or redirection is going to make them stop. They don't do things for the "right" reasons. What they consider "right" is doing whatever they want, when they want, how they want and the only way they'll stop is by someone forcing them to stop. This is a fact of humanity, and it's just as true for communities/countries as it is for an individual.

That said...
    There are times in life, and only you get to decide when (and then only time will tell if you were correct) that you need to show people they had better think twice before pissing in your Wheaties. We've gotten to a point in society where people aren't afraid of any consequences when they fuck with others. Sometimes people just need their ass whipped. That’s especially true when they're doing something against you or at your expense. “A Lannister always pays his debts…”

When I was single, I didn't mess around with married/attached women and not only because my morality is superior and unquestionable, but because I didn't want to get in the middle of 'Dat Shit. 'Dat Shit, if you all weren't aware, is a situationaly insane husband/boyfriend who will plead "Heat of Passion/Sudden Provocation" in his defense, after fucking murdering my ass. Maybe he should have been mad at his girl and not me, or not gotten violent, or truly regretted it, or whatever...and you can argue that all you want afterword, but I'm still fucking murdered. Or have a smacked up truck. No. Thanks.

Let's be honest...this is the real crime here. A damn shame is what it is…

9. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I read this, I imagined you stomping your feet and saying "disrespected" with a lisp, i.e., "dithrethpected!" As long as you believe that your actions are inevitable rather than choices you make, you will continue to live the chaotic life you're in now.

Say hi to Dixiebandit for us.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

THAT FUCKING GUY BUMPED ME AND HIS GIRL IS HOT SO FUCK HIM

...said every douchebag who couldn't control his liquor. Is there any starter of fights more prolific than the One Million Pound Shoulder Chip? Of course the only way to cure it is with booze and we all know that pouring out a fire with alcohol is a good idea.

The question is, how many times do you let this drunk maggot push you with his hand before you push back? You can either swollow your pride (which there is no fault in) and walk, or you push back and he instantly thinks "It's On" and escalates it.

If you go to places of alcohol, bullshit eventually finds you. And nobody is an undefeated champion.

11. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why didn't you beat up her car? I still think that would have been stupid, but it would have been less stupid than beating up his car.

All he did was bang a hot chick. Sure he knew she was dating you, then again, maybe he was as confused as I am about the whole situation, but even so, she's the one that cheated, not him.

12. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Wasn't the guy a friend of his from some baseball team or something? I'm too lazy to go back and read through it but I don't think the guy was just some random guy. I think they were "bros" or something.

13. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Let me get this out there, I did not start this thread as an invitation to jump isc's shit. He did what he did, he cannot undo it. There is next to nothing we can say here that will change his mind about the reasons he got in his head as to why he did what he did. Crazy Bitches cause some poor dude trauma of some kind every single day. Fact.

At some point, SOME point the dude has to step up and recognize and remove himself. In isc's case, I think he made a very poor decision obviously. I would like to point out that all of his troubles are based on one thing, women. Yes there are kids involved but it takes a woman to make one of those things. That's why I left him the rep I did.

When one person continually puts them selves in a situation they know is bad there is little anyone can do to change that. IMO, it becomes more of a behavioral issue than anything else at that point.

I learned these lessons the hard way with the POS ex. The example I gave of the fist through the wall next to my head was real. Just one example. Yet for whatever reason I kept going back, no matter what everyone else said. Sure that is far different than isc's situation but it was the same in that it was more a behavioral thing than anything else. To put it simple, he had groomed me into what I had become and I had let him. Sad but true.

isc I hope you do what you said and stay the fuck away from woman for a while. If the Man comes a knockin' you may have no choice. Wouldn't you like to be the one to make that happen for yourself rather than Him do it for you?

14. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In today's litigious shithole of a world, it's not worth the risk to give a guy 5 to the pie hole, even if he totally deserves it. Sad, but true.

15. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

So true. Lose everything you've worked your whole life for simply to "learn" someone? Not a smart move.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Don't forget the glamour of fighting, like getting your teeth knocked out or an eight-ball hemmorage. I got one of those when somebody hit me with an old shanked piece old tree branch. Google it, they're real pretty. You get to look like Wikus from District 9 for a few weeks.

17. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here's the question: what exactly do you think you accomplished?

You risked an actual fight and/or arrest in order to.... make a statement to a woman and a man you don't intend to ever see again? Does that cost/benefit not seem patently absurd to you?

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a hard time justifying cheating even if you are the outside third party. Aside from being lied to from the start, say the person claims they aren't in a relationship, if you know the person you are fucking has a SO you should at least take Psychodyne's stance on the situation. I get that being the third party means "you aren't the one doing the cheating" but don't come crying when the other partner didn't follow your flawless logic and decided to bash your truck in or shoots you 8 times with a six round revolver. Emotions don't follow logic and as much as you might hate the society imposed monogamy norm your actions have consequences, doesn't make violence right in the situation, but know that you're actions might hurt someone….

19. Esian

Esian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

All of his troubles are based on one thing... women? So you're saying the women in his life are to blame for all of his troubles, or am I just totally reading that wrong?

Personally, I'd say if he has found himself in a major shit storm from several different angles with several different people the common denominator may just be ISC himself. You know, seeing as he has displayed both an incredible lack of judgement, an inability to control his temper, and an amazing ability to justify those actions to himself after the fact.

As for the several kids from multiple failed relationships that look like they never had any solid foundation... I'm dumbfounded by people's inability to understand and use birth control.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah what the fuck? The marginal feeling difference between condom less vs condom sex never outweighed the possibilities of babies and your dick sizzling like back with herpes.