Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

When a Man Gets Pregnant...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dcc001, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just saw it and had the same thought. He said ten things over an hour when he really only had one thing to say that would have taken no more than five minutes to say.

2. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So the Navy just got their first female four-star admiral.

She has a penis, but she's still a woman.

Sorry I don't have a link; I'm at work.

What ever happened to the Navy?
    It used to be a bunch of guys on a boat, now it's "whatever floats your boat."

3. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I guess this just begs the question, why do you care? What does it matter? How does it affect you?

Aside from whatever humor there is in "chicks with dicks" jokes or feeding the long-running narrative that Navy boys are all a little light in the boots, unless she steers the ship with her genitalia, it would seem to me that she's either effective at her job or not, and if she is effective, then the contents of her underwear is probably not very important.

I mean, I see why some people get upset about the issue of transgender athletes in sports - although that's a whole other area where some studies are showing that the effects aren't nearly as pronounced as logic might lead you to believe, and many female superstar athletes have hormone profiles similar to a man's. But at least I can see the problem and the reason why someone might care.

I basically don't see the problem anywhere else. The only time I care what someone's junk looks like is if I want to touch it. For all other purposes it seems pretty irrelevant in my life, and if you want me to call you he, she, they, or attack helicopter, that's cool with me. Just let me know.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Meh... chicks with dicks always seemed to be something the Navy was into. I don't see the problem.

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    The Navy has always been progressive.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think the Health Corps is the Navy.

7. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

THE LIBTARDS ARE CREATING AN ARMY TO FORCE THEIR TOTALITARIAN MANDATES BY MARTIAL LAW.

ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION YET?!?

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

dude, it’s the navy. That entire crew is gonna line up to get pegged by her. It’ll be the first prick they voluntarily take.

9. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

It doesn't matter one iota on the individual level, and we're talking about such a small amount of people on the whole who fall under this category that it arguably shouldn't be an issue one way or the other.

In this specific example, though, I am kind of divided on the message it sends. On the one hand, the United States prides itself on freedom and the individual, so what better way to be a bastion and a beacon to every transgender person elsewhere in the world who can never hope to "come out" for fear of rejection, ridicule and/or death. It's putting your money where your mouth is and saying, "This government exists for ALL the people, and if you're qualified, then you're in."

The counterpoint to that is this: the military exists solely for the purposes of defense, aggression and protection on the world stage. When a nation notorious for NOT subscribing to gender fluidity (think Russia, or China, or the Taliban, or any other regime you wouldn't dream of living under) sees the military bending the knee to this and trying to suggest that either 1) men can be women or 2) women are just as capable in battle as men, I can see this fueling the fire in their minds. Essentially saying, "Look at these stupid weak assholes...what are they going to try and drum up next?" This is along the same lines as that disastrous recruitment video they released a few months back that got such derision. The purpose of the military is to go someplace hostile and win the fight. Ideally, you want a bunch of hard-hitting, athletic, impressionable young men with a taste for fighting and killing to join up. Sure, there are support positions and a whole host of non-combatant roles that don't care about the gender or physical capability of the person at all; except that it's still the military.

So, I don't know. It's nice to see that coming out as trans didn't hurt their career. The ridicule that Levine has been subjected to on the basis of looks is unacceptable. I can understand, though, why people may criticize the message it sends on the world's stage when you're staring at an enemy that wants to kill you just to see you die.

10. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When was it any different ( although admittedly it was kept on the downlow)?

Not 50 years ago when the Village People were singing In The Navy. And let’s be real here- what do you think was going on in navies around the world for hundreds and thousands of years? A group of men together at sea for years on end, no women in sight. It was even considered bad luck to have women on the ship in many places.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Women driving does the same shit. Never mind women pilots, or women in combat.

Who fucking cares what they think? That's part of what is being fought, after all.

The fact that you can vote probably pisses some of them off.

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She's an officer in the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps. I don't think she's exactly humping out of a firefight with a fellow soldier on her back.

You want to know what makes the United States look weak to her enemies? A voting population that is 40% morons who can be convinced of anything by Facebook. China's internal propaganda isn't saying "look at America, they made a he/she a public health official" they're saying "look at America, democracy doesn't work."

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They certainly are saying we’re hypocrites on human rights, because of the BLM critical race theory prism that we just have to view and spout out on the world stage, so they can distract from their own actual abuses and crimes. They’ll certainly use this against us as well as the drumbeat of the left keeps pushing it front and center in every facet of our society like 90 percent of the population was born with the wrong identity. I don’t care if people want to live a certain way but grafting the concept and victimhood ideology onto everything as what so be the sole focus of our thought? Not a way to run a society. It goes beyond the trans movement but this is certainly something old school regimes will take advantage of as it ultimately doesn’t help the core mission of our military warfighters.

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Calling out America's hypocrisy on race has been a communist technique since the Soviet Union; they don't need "BLM critical race theory" to do it. Hell, even the Nazis did it, but more in a "America is crushing it, we should be more like them" kinda way.

15. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gosh, I hope some backwards fucking society doesn't look down on the military for supporting human rights. That'd be awful. Whatever shall we do?

God forbid we ... uh... look bad on the world stage to shitty countries who are still committing genocide and murdering their political opponents? Is that right? The message we take away from this is that we should seriously consider oppressing the rights of people who are otherwise effective at their jobs, because Putin might laugh at us?

The US has one of the most effective, well trained and well equipped militaries in the world. What exactly is the problem here?

Please explain exactly how "old school regimes" are going to "take advantage" of this. Be specific. Are they going to start a war with the US because the military is obviously comprised entirely of Nancy-boys?

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It’s already been proven Russia has used this nonsense against us in psyops to sow discord on a local level. They don’t need to have boots on the ground in the Crimea to take advantage of this. It hasn’t been tested in battle but the continued lowering of military standards to be more inclusive will end up getting people hurt.

Again not suggesting suppressing anyone’s rights and it’s more a topic for the serious or political thread as I’m railing against the victimhood mentality as a leadership train of thought (just happens now to include trans).

17. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They're going to do this regardless. It doesn't matter what we do.

What, you think Russia is going to stop their propaganda and disinformation campaigns because the US takes a hard line about trans people in the military?

Who cares?

18. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I continue to struggle with the trans community's agenda.

For one, we have no idea how many trans folks are out there. Most of us don't have to show our junk to anyone as we go through our days, so if a coworker or acquaintance is in possession of parts that don't match what they present as, it's an easy secret to keep. Legislation to address this is awful, and the outlier situations that folks keep bringing up (trans athletes) simply don't have any bearing on me in the least. In other words, being a member of this community, like the rest of the LGBT crowd, can be invisible if you like. When they compare that to racial discrimination, it starts to go off the rails for me. A pair of pants can keep you from persecution, so what the fuck is my responsibility?

If this is "hey, my gender doesn't matter for this kind of job", then cool, I guess. I am perplexed at how there being a trans person is some sort of milestone or accomplishment...like, it could be a man in the role or a woman in the role and neither would be remarkable. So why is a trans person remarkable? Ditto the rest of the LGBT crowd, I suppose...after the CEO of one of the world's biggest companies (Apple) was out, it stopped being significant. What bits you have and what you choose to do with them don't really have relevance for your career or your accomplishments. Am I the only one who thinks its weird the Navy is talking about a service member's cock and balls?

I am all for re-thinking gender roles. I cringe when it comes to pronouns, because in other languages...that either is or is not a thing. In latin languages, the feminine nouns tend to not be complimentary: my old Spanish teacher said if it could fuck your day up, it probably was feminine. Most of the trans folk I know want to fall within the existing vocabulary. I also know a bunch of kinky folks whose forays in "non-binary" fields are for attention, not an expression of gender dysmorphia, and I find that sort of thing distasteful. Also, if all you are is trans, you're a boring, one-dimensional cunt of a person. Same for any other demographic: if you can't connect to humanity beyond the scope of what the group of people with your sexual interests, gender, skin color, what the fuck ever, then you're a waste of space. So, happy to engage in a "does this still make sense?" discussion, but I lean away from "let's change everything because a tiny fraction of people don't like the junk they were born with." Majority rules sucks sometimes, but ffs, it's a 98% majority.

A lot of this feels like virtue signalling and aspiring to victimhood.

Of the lgbt crowd, the trans seem to have the tallest orders and are the most indignant about it. Most of the gay/lesbian rights issues I know of, I support. Trans rights seem to be much further out there, and driving things in a direction that borders on the absurd. The sudden appearance of an array of genders and sexualities that all feel cringe-inducingly silly is one thing, the demands that they be taken seriously by the rest of us is another. The more prominent this community becomes, the less valid I find their demands, the more silly and uncommon their issues seem, and the more it seems comprised of people who use their situation for attention.

Trans people flock to the military, because they can get healthcare to address the challenges associated with transitioning (or the psychological conditions as well). The military has tremendous recruiting challenges, including the current political skew, overweight kids, branding (IMHO the most significant challenge), and the perception of the military's role in our society. Given how the last 20 years of war have gone, that's not a surprise. This kind of thing might be how the military becomes more inclusive and starts to address the recruiting issues.

I'm with Kahn on this: every single fucking thing boiled down to what set of victims of birth or circumstance you belong to is not a good look for us as a culture.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not the Navy, in this case.

20. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The primary driver of his role was as a sibling to the other characters, and one with incredible powers who just happens to be out of control. Wether it’s as a sister or a brother doesn’t matter in the least to the story. Heck, the character already had a lesbian relationship. Why anyone would give a shit is beyond me. But of course they will.