Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Wheel of Time Season 1

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by wexton, Nov 22, 2021.

1. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Have only ever heard of the books before(and how good they are) so i have no idea what will happen. I am really enjoying the show so far. I don't get the hate that it is getting from the book fans.

2. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I read the books once I heard this was in production. It took forever and just like any other adaptation they have made a few changes to save time, move the story along, and one that may help explain something later for one of the characters. All that said I think it's good so far and I'm hoping they can run through the whole thing. I have heard that one of the main characters is going/has been recast for the second season so that will be a little weird maybe. I guess I'm saying I don't get the hate from book readers but I guess it's a lot like Game of Thrones except these books have been finished so hopefully we don't get a "rushed" ending.

3. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I listened to the first book on the road when I moved back to Ohio from Reno. I remember thinking it was fine, but pretty typical YA fantasy stuff. I still gave the show a shot since I was in the mood for a fantasy series and was pleasantly surprised. I think they could have done better with the first episode and introducing the characters, but all in all it was pretty good.

4. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I read the books a couple of years ago, I thought on the recommendation of someone on this board. I like the series so far- I think it’s cast well and looks beautiful. I’ve waited until now so I can watch a bunch of episodes at once. It’s going to drive me crazy waiting six months to a year to pick it up again.

5. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Read the series years ago, watched all 8 season 1 episodes.

The show is a mess. I understand paring the content down to facilitate effective storytelling and pacing, but what baffles me is ADDING useless new content. You bought the IP for a hefty sum....how about using THAT story. The hubris of the showrunner is astounding.

Episode 8 is especially shit. So far from what it ought have been.

Ok, rant over. I'm personally all done with this fast, loose and ultimately shitty adaptation.

6. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I haven't seen ep 8 yet, but so i can't comment on that. I haven't read the books at all, but i have enjoyed the show alot so far. From what i have read it seems like most people are enjoying it, even some hard core book fans.