Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

What's Your Type?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by audreymonroe, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Slambrarian

Slambrarian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I have always had 2 different types. One was a "soft butch" - basically a girl, usually short, with short hair- looks kinda like a teenage boy - you know, adorable. Preferably with some tattoos and a bit of an edge, just hidden under all that adorableness.

My other type is the traditional, feminine, lipstick lesbian. Oh yes. All dressy, classy make-upy. Basically someone that people would go, "What? She's gay? Really?" And happily, this is what I got. My brother hit on my girl the first night we officially met & it was hilarious telling him that he isn't her type, I was (well, I actually found that out a bit later). She is stunning, especially when she does it up, but she can also throw on a pair of crappy jeans and jack hammer up a sidewalk if needed (and it's been needed, old houses are a lot of work). It's the best of both worlds.

Uh-huh, this is who she looks like:

[​IMG]

Personality wise they have to get my (dumb) jokes, be able to handle my large, loud family, not be afraid of a little work and not be addicted to drama. I can't deal with that.

2. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's almost exactly my "type." My ideal would be 1) redhead, 2) a few tattoos, 3) extremely funny, preferably of the sarcastic variety, and 4) kinda nerdy.

The frustrating thing is I tend to attract or actually hit on in real life none of those types. Have not hooked up with or dated a single redhead, and the only tattoos have been the boring "one letter on my ankle for my grandmother" variety. Most of the girls I end up with seem to be average, girl-next-door variety. And while they're intelligent, they're sorta soft-spoken and not particularly funny.

I suppose this makes sense, because I grew up in New Hampshire, am very "ordinary" looking, and go to a sort of preppy university where my "type" barely exists. Still, though, somewhere between my brain, my penis, and my actions, there's a missing connection. Maybe it's a matter of revealed preferences, or maybe I'm just surrounded by Stepford daughters.

3. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Hi there.

Attached Files:

4. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

- Fit athletic builds in a compact frame. 5' 6"ish is perfect
    - Not easily impressed. She's been places, seen shit, done shit, etc.
    - Caustic stinging sense of humor and sharp wit
    - Must be well read. No fucking dummies allowed

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm pretty open to a wide range of people, but over time I've found the following traits in pretty much every girl I've been really interested in:

-Very cute in the traditional sense
    -Great smile, usually big
    -Very sweet personality, but not naive
    -Athletic build

6. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have two types. The first type involves guys who are slow-witted, blond, faux-surfers, and casual potheads. I like to feel like the smart one in the relationship, so I basically want a guy who acts like a dumb puppy. These are the guys I have casual sex with.

For actual relationships, I like guys who used to be fat, but lost a lot of weight through getting really serious about their diet. For one, they cook some really amazing healthy food. Also, they are intelligent without being a douchbag. They didn't get laid a lot in high school, so they focused a lot on their studies and they are really grateful that I am with them. I don't take advantage of them, but I really enjoy their company.

7. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I date thin blondes or brunettes between 5'2" and 5'5" that have traveled to Europe, don't party too much, enjoy the taste of beer, and are smarter than me in some fashion (one ex was a math major, the other could beat my ass at any kind of puzzle game). Apart from being thin they also need at least a "B" cup with small perky nipples, and a small nose. No more sorority girls either, fuckin bitches.

I loosen the restrictions when it comes to just fucking.

8. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

On a somewhat related note, I'm always interested (though not surprised) to see how many people have physical types that describe exclusively white people. Or shall we say, that suggest whiteness as a default. It's a bit funny to me that somebody would write something like, "oh, I'm into brunettes with athletic builds, with perky breasts and medium sized asses. They have to work out and read and be able to hold a conversation. I also like Asians." In fact, if you image search something that you'd think might yield some ethnic diversity -- like "tall, dark and handsome" -- you get 95% white folk.

A similar but related phenomenon sort of surrounds my own dating life: out of the many, many people with whom I've discussed their specific types, not one has described me with any accuracy. I'd wager that if you'd asked any of the girls I've ever been with to describe or draw their ideal physical guy before they hooked up with me, virtually none of them would look anything like me at all.

Maybe this isn't surprising, and the majority (and a large plurality) of this country is white, and that explains it. I do find it pretty fascinating though, and kinda weird.

9. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Side question, I've never quite understood the "dark" in the "tall, dark, handsome." What exactly does that mean? Dark hair and eyes? Slightly tan? Dexter Morgan?

Anyway, for me first and foremost is intelligence/well-read. I can't even say this applies only to relationship-women; I honestly have no clue as to what to say to dumb girls. Generally, the more knowledgeable, experienced, and intelligent a girl is, the more attractive I'll find her. Physically, I can't say I have much of a type aside from the fact that I prefer a curvy girl. The more hour-glassy she is, the more I'll like her.

10. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

As I've heard it used, it generally refers to Caucasians with dark hair, (usually) dark eyes, and heavily shaded features. Examples:

(6'3 Ashton Kutcher)

[​IMG]

(6'1 John Hamm)

[​IMG]

Edited to add:

I find this hilarious:

Not because it's wrong or anything. More because it came from stormfront.org, which is a huge white power website and for some reason the second (!) google result when you search for "tall, dark and handsome."

Is there anything better than one racist comforting another racist about being judged on superficial physical characteristics?

11. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's a few common factors between my exes and the current dude: tall (6'-6'2), thin but toned, dark hair, gorgeous eyes, athletic, hilarious, book smart and musically inclined or extremely interested in music. Two out of three have piercings and tattoos.

12. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I swear, you could line up every guy I've dated or liked and make paper dolls of them. And they all are like this: a free spirited (kind of hippie) at heart with boyish charm and incredible intelligence. He's the guy that rules the jukebox at the bar, opens the door for girls, and is genuinely friendly and social. Conversation is constantly interrupted because everyone who walks by knows him and has to say hello. Picture the dude in a nice broken-in hat with khaki shorts, flip flops, a t-shirt topped with an unbuttoned striped Polo and there he is...I'm a moth to a flame. Guys like that are often well-versed in lots of subjects as they're able to talk to anyone about anything. I like to date guys who know things that I know nothing about and am genuinely interested in whatever they can teach me. Talk to me about cars, math, how to build a robot, the environment, why wind energy isn't efficient, and any other "boring" subject, and I'm completely in.

I guess it all stems from my younger days when it'd be a turn on to know that "that guy" was going home with me. Oh insecurity of youth. Now, it's more about enjoying the fact that someone is open to meeting new people, doing new things, and not giving a damn what anyone thinks of them than it is about my own silly ego boosting power-trip.

In a nutshell, my paper dolls look like this:
    *awesomely biting sarcastic sense of humor
    *lover of sports, food, and drink
    *lover of the water
    *terribly smart
    *can discuss Jay Gatsby
    *over 6' with Snoopy eyes (the kind that crinkle into half moons when they smile)
    *moderate pot smoker
    *can talk to anyone about anything
    *dances

...and swoon.

13. Dead Parrot

Dead Parrot
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I prefer my women in the athletic to curvy range. I absolutely cannot stand girls with really thin and/or overly toned legs. I knew a tennis player my freshman year of college who had amazing legs and nice curves. Since then she has ruined her beautiful body training for and running in marathons.

I have yet to find the personality I like best in a girl. Sometimes I like the quiet girls and others I like the girl who is always in the center of attention.

14. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well all y'all look alike. Really, it just saves time.

I can't recall any conversations with friends about our respective physical "types" so I can't say if this applies exclusively to white people or if most of society does this when describing people of other races. They've done studies that show people are much better at describing physical characteristics and identifying people within their own race. If it's something that's universal and not something that just white people do, I imagine it has something to do with this.

15. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I found the perfect woman for you:

Attached Files:

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

By "perfect" I hope you dont mean the fact that she could fit all our cocks in there at once. Homie dont play that way.

17. Judas

Judas
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Who the fuck have you been dating? I got hard just reading that list.

18. whatisinaname

whatisinaname
    Expand Collapse
    Hoping to be even a fraction of the man Jim is.

Wait, did you just say you got hard reading about types of guys? Wha...

19. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I just wanted to confirm this:
    from a lady point of view.

I also wanted to scratch all of what I originally wrote and replace it with one of his examples: Jon Hamm.

Jon Hamm equals insta-boner.

My type is Jon Hamm.

[​IMG]

20. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Minorities do this just as much, except instead of saying "I want a white boy with blue eyes and brown hair and a good conversationalist" they say "I want a Chinese boy who's a doctor / dentist". Probably because Chinese means, nearly by definition, oblong eyes, yellowy skin, straight black hair and brown eyes. Also, something about penis size.

Well, actually being 6'2 and having blond hair and blue eyes is pretty awesome. Nothing inherently ironic about it, but it's not a bad deal if you can get it.