Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

What's your number?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by silway, May 3, 2017.

?

For $10 million, I would press a button that randomly killed this number of people in the world:

1. No one.

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. 1 Person.

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. 10 People.

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. 100 People.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  5. 1,000 People.

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. Sky's the limit.

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From time to time memes circulate that ask if you'd slap your best friend for 2 million dollars or kill a stranger for a trillion or whatever. I own a business so my version of that is wondering how much of a salary it would take for me to become an employee again. But, the big numbers are no brainers. Much more interesting is the minimum.

Focus: What is the minimum amount you'd slap a close friend for? Kill a stranger? Retire for the rest of your life? Give up your business? Divorce your wife?

I'd probably sell out and become an employee for 250k a year. I'll get to that point naturally eventually but the security of it now, while my daughter is a baby, is attractive and it's a big enough raise to compensate for having to deal with office politics and an actual boss.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

What the fuck dude.

Id slap a friend for free. I probably wouldnt kill a stranger. Retire? Gimme 10 million.

3. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Do we get to pick which friend? If we do I'm with Juice. It's a freebie. I wouldn't kill a stranger. And retire? I'm in fear of growing roots if I ever did retire. I'd go fucking nuts too.

4. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd probably slap a friend for mid to high four figures. Give said friend a grand for their trouble and go do something with the rest.

10 million seems reasonable for a retire now and never work again option.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What, NONE of you have ever imagined killing a stranger huh? Im the only one? Right what ever.

I don't think it would take too much to retire forever. Maybe just because Im live in the midwest where housing can be very reasonable I could see retiring on 50-100k a year. Given the average age males in my family live to I'd say I got 40 years are so left, so 4-5 million would probably do it for me as far as retiring.

6. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So how much to get you to kill a random stranger? You don't get to know anything about them, let's say.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do I get off scott free, ie, no interaction with the law what so ever? If im still facing arrest/jail it would be off the table. Do I get to choose the method? I don't think I could ever kill someone in an intimate way like stabbing or strangling. Poisoning or cutting break lines......we could start to talk price. I don't think I could kill someone randomly that I didnt know anything about I'd most likely want to to be some sort of Dexter like situation where the person needs killin'.

8. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You'll get away with it. You can do it from a distance, but I think it needs to be someone you don't know anything about. Could be a serial killer, could be a cancer-curing neuroscientists, you just don't know. Which probably raises the price, but I wager there is a price somewhere. The key is to figure out the minimum. So, you know you'll get a trillion dollars, consequence free (taxes, weird investigations, jail, etc), you'll probably do it. But for a billion? A million? Toytoy's baseball card collection?

9. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Man you guys either need to have more rage or less money. Many THOUSANDS of dollars to slap a friend? I would do that for like $20, they'll get over it in less than a minute. And killing someone with absolutely no consequence with a quick and easy shot from a distance? I don't know, like a thousand?

10. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, but like...who do you give the $1000 to?

Focus: I will haughtily slap a friend and murder a stranger and you best hope it ain't you.

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You'd murder another human for a g?

12. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse

I really need a new computer.

13. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You do realize the computer doesn't come with a soul right?

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

You hippies love your Macs though. I would go for 3K to be safe.

15. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse

What's "a soul"?

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd be curious to know how many people who are against the death penalty on principle would actually kill an innocent for a specified sum, or a MacBook Pro. Like, if you are pro death penalty, could you carry out the sentence yourself? If not, why would you be ok offing a rando?

17. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse

Are you asking me personally? Because I'm not against the death penalty and it wasn't specified as "an innocent." Also if someone ACTUALLY gave me a choice between fighting one horse sized duck or a hundred duck sized horses I would say "neither, please" and if someone asked me if they could pay me to kill someone for them I'd say "no thank you."

18. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, it was a general question.

I would rather fight 100 duck sized horses. You can kick those fuckers all over the place. A horse sized duck? What are you gonna do?

19. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    2. Rub salt, pepper, and paprika into the skin of the duck. Place in a roasting pan.
    3. Roast duck in preheated oven for 1 hour. Spoon 1/4 cup melted butter over bird, and continue cooking for 45 more minutes.
    Multiply all ingredients by approximately 1000. Multiply cooking time by something big too.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean, either way, get your fucking camera out. But, also, why would you fight 100 duck-sized horses? Those would be the cutest things EVAR. Are they rabid?