Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

What's your drink?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Samr, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Inspired by this.

Everyone has their go-to drink. The one made with the liquor you know any bar will stock. The one whos name every bartender knows. The one that isn't going to take too long to describe, or too long to make. The drink that's great for hot weather, cold weather, suits and sweat pants. The one that you're ok drinking in front of your boys, and in front of the chick you want to impress (read: fuck). The drink you're never too sober to partake, too sick to decline, or too drunk to have another. The go-to drink is the drink that, no matter what other beverages you may try in life, no matter where you may go, who you may sleep with, what your financial possition, and disregarding your current social setting, will always, ALWAYS sing from the heavens to your tastebuds, "welcome home."

Focus: What is your go-to drink?

2. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

My go-to would have to be Rum & Coke because it's far less offensive than Jack & Coke. My other favorite, but it only has about a 66% hit rate, is Stoli Vanilla and Coke (AKA a Hard Vanilla Coke). Those are fuckin' great.

Impressing people, though? Old Fashioned, all the way. They taste like ass, but you know people at your table think you're Don Draper while they're sucking on their fruity girly drinks.

3. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I"m also a rum and coke person, specifically with Bacardi Gold. But it's tied with gin and tonics when I want something lighter, preferably with Tanqueray.

4. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I'm at the bar, and the bartender asks what I want before I have time to think about it, I say rum and coke.

When I'm a few drinks in and I can't think straight, I sat Stoli orange and Sprite.

5. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Personally I hate all spirit+mixer drinks, with the exception of Gin and Tonic. Problem with anything+coke or whatever is how easy it is to drink, just goes down like water. If the drink you're drinking doesn't put up any resistance, what's the point?

Personally I guess my most commonly drank drink, aside from lagers would be a bourbon on Ice.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

If I'm out at a bar, it's Jack and Coke all the way, I've never been a
    big fan of rum.

If I'm home, White Russians are my drink of choice, especially as aperitif.

7. framerpro

framerpro
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Typically, I will ask for a rum and coke. Now if they have shitty well rum, I have to ask about their selection then make my choice. If I frequent the bar, and I know they have my favorite, its Sailor Jerry and coke. My favorite bar always pours me a 12 count Jerry and coke. But, If I am going out and know I want to be fucked up Liquid Cocaine. Equal parts Jagermeister, Goldschlager, Bacardi 151 in a pint glass. Drink up and be merry in a hurry. I only need two of them to time travel.

8. bukowskionice

bukowskionice
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

For me, it's always been alternating shots of Wild Turkey with White Russians. You get the kick of the initial shot with a light carmel aftertaste, segued into the deliciousness that can make even the baddest Dude abide.

And though it isn't exactly the manliest drink on the planet, whoever first combined Stoli Blueberry with lemonade was a goddamn genius.

9. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I rarely venture far into mixed drinks unless the bar has a specialty drink that is known to be good.

I stick with beer and bourbon on ice. If I'm feeling saucy, I might ask for just a splash of Coke on the bourbon.

Bourbon on ice is a pretty straightforward drink that sits well with any company - if you're with the guys, nobody gives you a hard time for it. If you're with a girl, decent bourbon pegs you as somewhat classy, and drinking it straight shows you to be no-nonsense. Plus, it can be scaled to fit the budget of the moment - good bourbon if you've got some money in your pocket, well drinks if you don't.

10. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Scotch and soda. Making any shit scotch palatable is worth it.
    Tom Collins is my other.

11. seelivemusic

seelivemusic
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Jim beam and ginger was my drink of choice in the winter and Mount Gay & tonic in the summer.

12. Happy

Happy
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Double rum and coke. If I have a couple extra bucks, or if there's a special, I'll spring for Kraken or Sailor Jerry. I'm young, so shitty well drinks are fine by me.

Also, the drink of choice around here is called a Mindprobe. It's like a Long island Ice Tea on steroids.

13. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't generally drink. I get drunk, on average, once or twice a year and am not a fan of the taste of alcohol. That said, sometimes I'll be out with peolpe and someone will really insist I have something to drink or it's otherwise awkward for me not to. In those cases, my default drink is a screwdriver. My second default drink if I don't feel like orange juice is a Cape Codder (cranberry and vodka).

14. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The fuck is an aperitif?

If I'm not planning to get drunk, Guinness. If I am, Jack and Coke.

15. Poopourri

Poopourri
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Maker's Mark on the rocks. If I see another bourbon I like (Blanton's, Basil Hayden, etc) I'll splurge, but more often than not it's good'ol Makers. Wild Turkey 100/Beam Black are also contenders if the red wax ain't available.

If you can't stomach the booze without drowning it in Coke/Sprite/etc, you don't need to be ordering anything but well. It's like cooking a perfectly marbled ribeye and then smothering it in ketchup. Man up, get some refinement in your life.

Beer: I'll drink anything but Miller Light/English browns/Belgian wheats. Dogfish IPA's, Anchor Steam, Sweetwater seasonals, whatever. For pure volume drinking it will ALWAYS be Coors Light.

16. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, I agree, you should.

Just sayin'...

17. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I usually just drink beer. If I'm planning on drinking a lot then I start out with Fat Tire or something similar then just Coors Light barring any specials the bar has on that particular evening. If I'm not drinking a lot I love Guinness.

As far as hard liquor goes, I enjoy gin and tonics with whatever shitty well gin is available. If a bar has a drink they're known for I'll usually try it. I'll also drink scotch if I'm hanging out with the guys or enjoying a good cigar.

18. Muley05

Muley05
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

My beer of choice is Miller Lite, although I drink Boulevard Wheat sometimes (Boulevard is a Kansas City brewery)

For other drinks, I like Jim Beam and diet coke. I don't understand people spending the extra money for Jack when it is basically the same as Beam but twice as expensive. If you are going to drink expensive bourbon, get Maker's or Bullit

19. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Beer: Summit Extra Pale
    Mixed drink: spiced rum and coke.

20. JeffPrevails

JeffPrevails
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Whiskey neat. If I'm at the poker table I like vodka + energy drink. But I'm only 22 and not picky, so I've got a lot of drinking to do before I can settle on a go-to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.