Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

What's in your bag?

Discussion in 'Books' started by LatinGroove, Oct 30, 2014.

1. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I carry around a backpack everyday full of stuff. On any given day I have at least three or four books with me in case I have spare time to read.

Focus: Take a photo of current or interesting books in your bag. This is visual 'what are you reading' of sorts.

2. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll start since none of you fuckers have.

Attached Files:

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I don't carry around a bag, and I don't keep a book, never mind multiple books, in it.

I do most of my recreational reading at home, in a nice comfy chair in front of the fireplace, or in the bath, or in bed. Or when I go hunting and am sitting in deer blind for hours a day.

4. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't carry around a bag either. I'm also generally on only one or two books at a time. The only times I'll be reading several at once is if there's some non-fiction topic I've gotten temporarily engrossed in. At the moment I'm making my way through a book about DMT and starting on Gone Girl. I keep Robert Greene's books and the Bathroom Reader near the shitter because the short historical anecdotes and random facts make for great reading when you're taking a dump.

5. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I will play with you, Latingroove, even though I am currently reading a lot of light girly books I don't think anyone will be interested in:

1. Riven Rock: I've been on a T.C Boyle tear. I'm just starting it but it's about a sex maniac and a suffragette so it can't be bad.
    2. My Salinger Year: a memoir of a year working at the literary agency that represented Salinger. Don't care much about Salinger, but the look into mid-90s nyc literary scene is great.
    3. Yes Please: just got it a few days ago but loving it already because Amy Poehler is the best and I want her to be my mom.
    4. Spook: rereading it to be festive. Still great.
    5. Inside the Dream Palace: about the history of the Chelsea Hotel
    6. Women in Clothes: a bunch of personal essays and the like about fashion and style

I absolutely do not carry all of these around at once, but I rotate depending on what I'm in the mood for.

Edit: Aw man, I posted this from my phone and have no idea how to rotate the image. Apologies.

Attached Files:

6. MobyDuk

MobyDuk
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I collect printed first editions and swore I'd never get an e-book reader and then I was gifted a Kindle Fire. A modern book bag, if you will.

It's kind of a PITA, but works well enough for traveling. Especially as I usually lug around 6-8 books when I travel.

Currently it holds: Sun Tsu, The art of war; Marcus Aurelius, Meditations; The Raven, Poe; The Time Machine by Wells; and Freakonomics. A bit dry, but hey, except for the last, they were free. Problem is the freebies are posted in a massive page of book covers completely unsorted. I just need to dive back into the morass to find some more entertaining stuff.