Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

What the hell is curry? How about we get a burger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frank, Jan 12, 2012.

1. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Er, FOODDDD.

2. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

I think being into feet can be considered a form of masochism. Myth un-debunked (bunked?).

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just recently learned I cannot deal with picky eaters, friends and especially dating. There is a placed in Chicago called DMK Burger bar. I can't hype this place up enough, everyone I've taken there has loved it. It is like your best orgasm in burger form. They do average size burgers that are precision strikes on your taste-buds. All the burgers are pre-made, with toppings selected and put together so all of them hit every spot of your taste-buds and cause you to orgasm in your seat. This is not a place to say "I want a burger with onions, tomato, well no not onions, ketchup, um...do you have bacon?" You select a number 1 through whatever, maybe take 1 thing off and shut up.

I have a friend who came in here and asked for "cheese and ketchup" on her burger. They'll do it but I prayed they spit in her burger. It was blashpemy, like buying a Lambo automatic, without power steering and manual windows. She also wanted to come to New Orleans with all of my guy friends but hates seafood. 90% of NOLA is seafood. What makes matters worse she doesn't hate seafood, she hates the thought of seafood. She hasn't tried 90% of the things she doesn't like. She one started eating my friends Lobster Mac and Cheese, said she loved it. Then we told her it was lobster and said she hated it. Shit like that. I hate going to dinner with her, but she's the first one to ask me to go get food. It shouldn't bother me what she eats but I think I'm more bothered at the sheer refusal to try new things.

4. gtg2k

gtg2k
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I am a much more adventurous eater than my wife, but she's pretty good about allowing me to try different things. She would love to try these things, but is allergic to seafood & beer, can't do spicy due to severe heartburn issues, has to order her meat more well done than I do due to esophageal surgery, and has IBD (also known as IBS) so she has to be very careful about what she eats. We also found out the hard way that everything you eat & drink ends up in your semen (resulted in her getting sick as a dog for 2 days, me being very careful about eating seafood and drinking beer, and me not being able to cum in her mouth anymore. DAMNIT!).

I'll try most anything, but I do have one odd phobia: mayo/Miracle Whip.

I know that most salad dressings are made with it, but I absolutely abhor mayo. Refuse to cook with it. Refuse to buy it. Don't like it. Substitute other things for it as often as possible. Don't really understand why, but I just don't like it.

Meanwhile, my wife will eat COLD pork&beans with Miracle Whip. I shudder thinking about this.

5. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Attached Files:

6. gtg2k

gtg2k
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

How did you find a pic of me so quick?

Also, as a nod to someone's PM. She has IBS, which is not the same as IBD, but my understanding is that she's a prime candidate for it, especially considering her mother has Crohn's disease.

7. captainjackass

captainjackass
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Shit I live in Chicago I'm gonna have to hit this place up.

As to the original post --- does anyone really find sushi, curry, or game meat to be that exotic? I'd guess all but the pickiest of eaters would eat and enjoy these foods.

Now, the Salmon Roe fish egg sushi might be exotic, or many traditional Indian dishes, but curry is pretty ubiquitous - in the West, Indian food, or even Asia and Thailand.

I'm currently on a cyclical carb diet (basically keto/paleo Monday - Thursday night, then a Thursday night to Friday night carb binge). Tonight is carb binge night so I will be going wild. Nothing better than a re-feed day when you're on a diet. And this thread is making me fucking hungry.

I love trying all sorts of exotic shit. Throw down a grilled octopus and I'll eat it. I even tried some fried - worms - of some kind at a Thai grocery store. Why? None of the other tourists would do it, so I figured someone had to. Not bad, but not good either. Tasted like Bugle corn chips, and I'm not particularly fond of Bugles.

At the risk of sounding elitist --- I heard more intelligent people are generally more experimental in all facets of life -- its some sort of evolutionary advantage. They are constantly seeking new and unusual experiences. Maybe this accounts for people who love trying all different sorts of foods.

As to the guy who didn't like sour cream, guacamole, peppers, onions, "chunky" salsa --- what the fuck do you eat?!

And I assume by 'just diced ingredients' salsa, you mean FRESH salsa in the refrigerated aisle. That dry-preserved Bell or Tostitos salsa next to the chips - not refrigerated -- is utter dog shit. Sure, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that's like someone preferring a day-old Big Mac to the porterhouse steak topped with Porcini mushrooms at Mike Ditka's restaurant. It's fucking crazy talk.

Anyway, carry on. The people that sort of annoy me are people that "can't stand" wine, but they will drink beer and liquor. What's wrong with wine? I think it ways less a punch in the face than whiskey.

Also, I'm a real big hot sauce addict. I love any and all kinds really. I'm thinking about making my own for shits and giggles soon.

8. Bjornturoc

Bjornturoc
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I gotta say, I can't stand most salads either. Uncooked vegetables just seem like a waste to me. Raw carrots taste like dirt and freezer burn to me. But once they're steamed, hell, I could eat 'em for a week without complaining. Sure, I don't mind lettuce and onions raw on a burger, but cooked onions add a whole 'nother dimension to the flavor. The other thing I never understood is vegetarianism. Is it really driven by guilt of animal murder or self image? Come on, the animal really didn't suffer that much. The only reason alot of farm animals exist is because we eat them. If we didn't eat cattle, why would we have any reason to protect and vaccinate a giant black and white retard that chews on the same thing for days and waltzs aimlessly through it's own shit? Things like that don't make it this far on their own, you know.

I do, however, like buffalo and grilled chicken ceaser salads. Simply because of the fact you can load it with dressing, chicken, cheese and croutons, all relatively processed and prepped stuff compared to the savage and uncooked lettuce.

9. Bjornturoc

Bjornturoc
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I gotta say, I can't stand most salads either. Uncooked vegetables just seem like a waste to me. Raw carrots taste like dirt and freezer burn to me. But once they're steamed, hell, I could eat 'em for a week without complaining. Sure, I don't mind lettuce and onions raw on a burger, but cooked onions add a whole 'nother dimension to the flavor. The other thing I never understood is vegetarianism. Is it really driven by guilt of animal murder or self image? Come on, the animal really didn't suffer that much. The only reason alot of farm animals exist is because we eat them. If we didn't eat cattle, why would we have any reason to protect and vaccinate a giant black and white retard that chews on the same thing for days and waltzs aimlessly through it's own shit? Things like that don't make it this far on their own, you know.

I do, however, like buffalo and grilled chicken ceaser salads. Simply because of the fact you can load it with dressing, chicken, cheese and croutons, all relatively processed and prepped stuff compared to the savage and uncooked lettuce.