Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

What. The. Fuck.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, May 20, 2010.

1. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

If this is true, and it's on the internet so it has to be, that is the single ballsiest move I've ever heard of. Think about it, it's like making yourself THE sponsor of the Olympic games.

When I think England, I think one thing (sorry guys)... 28 Days Later. I want to see zombie mascots. The marketing materials will be 10 times better. That blow job logo looks like a hipster crack at it, it looks like it belongs on a Trapper Keeper. Neon colors, really?

2. WickedBitch

WickedBitch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And some genius 'shopped Pedobear into the picture and a Polish newspaper actually ran it.

Attached Files:

3. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't see it. It looks like the Iris mascot is an assortment of creepy blue claymation critters. Sure they're drawing attention to the fact that they designed the Olympic mascots, but it's not like their existing company mascot became the Olympic mascot.

I don't think it's really a big surprise that a marketing icon might come out of a marketing firm.

4. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm guessing the guy who designed these things knew he was about to get fired and wanted to stick it to the company. There is no other conceivable reason why someone would make little one-eyed monsters the mascot for the Olympics.

5. NeonWraith

NeonWraith
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

A friend of mine recently pointed out that they're the more x-treme cousins of the aliens from The Simpsons.

...I'm inclined to agree.