Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

What loot did you get?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Judas

Judas
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Christ you people either have money or have relatives with money.

My parent wrapped up for me:

1) ELectric tea kettle, which I had been asking about. It's pretty baller since I don't drink coffee.
    2) Snowboarding gloves, since I lost the lining to the only other ones I own. Also baller.
    3) A couple shirts and sweaters, about which 1/4 I am returning because they don't fit.

No cash...$6,000? really? That would pay for my living expenses for like 2 years.

2. ASL

ASL
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Whoa, I'm with Judas, seems like some people have awesome family.
    I got my membership extended at my climbing gym. My $6000 check must have gotten lost in the mail or something.

3. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And my friends called me a spoiled little shit for getting over $500. Does this happen regularly or did you do some 'favors' for them this year?

4. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

$100 from my parents
    A postcard from my grandparents ( No, really. The other set didn't even bother.)
    And my ex took me to go see 'True Grit' and paid for all of my drinks on Thursday

On the plus side, I don't feel obligated to hang out with family I don't necessarily like.

5. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    I got:

3 Jeep t-shirts. They seem to be made of hard-wearing fabric.
    About $60 in cash.

The money will be used on booze for New Years, since I will be at home alone by myself. Again.

I've never received a gift from any of my overseas relatives, with the exception of my gran that I'd never really met - £10 for Christmas and birthday. Yup.

I'm pretty sure all of you made out better than I did.

And to the guy who got $6000? FUCK YOU. I didn't even get that much as an inheritance from my grandparents!

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

For fuck sake, quit feeling sorry for yourself already.

Want to know how you have fun and shit? GO DO SOMETHING FUN.

Fucking pathetic.

7. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

8. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got exactly one dollar and it's tradition that my grandfather gives me and my brother a silver dollar every year (he's 82 and this could be his last Christmas).

Other than not getting money, I did pretty good. Mostly clothes; long sleeve shirts & tank tops, a new medicine ball, Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang (which is hilarious, I've finished it already), belly dancing lessons, and a pair of shoes and a sweater that look completely different in person (than online). The hoodie below was my favorite thing (it should be since I picked it out and my daddy paid for it), mine is a dark mallard green though.

[​IMG]

My brother's gift to me left me feeling kinda dejected to be honest. A printer. I dislike this for two reasons: 1. I have a printer that works just fucking fine. 2. I don't print hardly anything. The part that bothers me is that he was really proud of himself for buying it. My mom bought me this terrible off brand purse/laptop bag that I think is fake leather. She's usually spot on with purses but missed the mark big time... it will be returned Monday and she knows it.

I'm also surprised that I didn't get a single pair of socks... I even asked for them. I did, however, get a badass pair of legwarmers. And a Slinky.

9. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nah, my only "gift" this year is extra pay for working the holiday.

10. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Surprised at what I recieved this year, due to my family being mostly poor and all:

Sister:
    Brown Bag Burger gift cards
    bottle of Cutty Sark(fucking good whisky)

Mom:
    movie theater gift card
    Nautica zip sweater
    V-neck sweater
    $100 check
    Dunkin Donuts gift card
    six pack of GL Xmas Ale
    lottery tickets
    book(On The Road, even though I've already read it)

No complaints on my part.

11. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Parents:
    -$350 cash
    -Will Ferrell movies
    -Shopaholic book
    -flannel sheets
    -flights

Brother:
    -an IOU for a present when he visits next week

Gram Gram:
    -$500
    -kick ass 'Mom and Baby Tiger' blanket
    -jammies

Gay Best Friend:
    -Coach clutch

12. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got:

XBox Kinect with a game
    Couple Blu Rays
    $60 gift card to Gamestop
    Couple hoodies
    Two books, one an awesome one on UConn men's basketball
    Handle of Tito's Vodka
    Large Yankee candle (these are great)

13. twopy

twopy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Got:

Gerber Multi-tool
    PJs
    External Hard drive
    Cash Money
    Running Shoes
    Moccasins
    Few other odds and ends

Pair of jeans and a few shirts. These were a gift from me to me so I don't think they count.

My parents got the gift of a cow from my uncle... to a needy family in Uganda. Another uncle sent a fruit basket. Got my mom a new bottle of Southern to make up for it. She kept reminding be that I'm her favorite son. I'm her only son.

14. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got Jon Stewart's new book. Which was actually a sweet gift, considering I have made no indications as to what I wanted. I've been this close to buying it for the last few months, and have now been spared an expense of thirty-something dollars or whatever it is. Aside from that, some miscellaneous socks, a sweater, smoked salt and pepper, a travel belt, and a chocolate bar or something.

I bought (and impressed the hell out of my girlfriend with) $7 worth of goods from a local bakery. Some buns, a pretzel, and a small chocolate cake. This is her best quality. She is blown out of the water by some paltry goods, but wouldn't have cared if I bought her nothing, would have been unimpressed by typical gifts like a purse or jewelry, and doesn't care about me doing nothing for valentine's day or her birthday. If only she weren't so god damned boring sometimes.

15. MrPrime

MrPrime
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Nikon D3100, clothing (always good), socks (fuck yea) and good times with the family

16. The Wildcard

The Wildcard
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

to all the people pissed that i got a 6k check: its the perks of having a millionaire grandfather, but my parents are by no means rich.

17. c_norris

c_norris
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

A sweatshirt, two gay-ass preppy sweaters, cash, Beavis and Butt-head Mike Judge Collection vol. 1, a few used CDs, some Robert Kiyosaki books and The Millionaire Next Door. Oh, and a new acoustic guitar.

18. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Grandparents/Uncles:
    -Sweet pair of Pumas
    -$100 check
    -Amazon Gift Card
    -Urban Outfitters gift Card

Parents/Sisters:
    -Ton of clothes including an awesome hoodie/sweater hybrid I once saw and loved but never thought of again. Way to be on top of that one Mom.
    -Bloomingdale's gift card
    -Few books/magazine subscriptions

My parents came in clutch mostly by earlier in the fall hooking my car up with a new battery and rear tires when I left it home for a week and my Dad didn't like the way it drove and with little cash stipends/stimuluses throughout 2010 when my cheap miser of a former employer screwed me on salary and promised bonuses leaving me in a suddenly precarious financial state. So I gladly will forgo a typical Christmas haul I may have had in the past for a comfortable rest of the year.

Also, my paternal grandparents are well off and super generous, but they have 7 kids and probably 15 grandkids and now 2 great grandchildren. So the fact that I still get $50 plus a sweet gift is something I'm quite thankful for when I know they do the same for all grandkids and more for actual children and it has to add up QUICK.

19. Moose

Moose
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

What I got for christmas:

-2 tickets for moe. at the House of Blues in Boston on 12/30 and 12/31.
    -$95 - 50/25/20
    -$25 gas card
    -new black lo-top chucks.
    -new slippers!!
    -Christmas sex, jeepin' thread style
    -busted by the staties
    -no ticket, didn't have to leave

All in all, a good haul. I've been looking forward to the NYE shows in Boston since they went on sale, and the cash and gas card is a welcome addition to my budget for the weekend. Like a dreidel on Hanukkah, I will be spuuun.

I work retail and our store closed on Christmas eve. We close 2 nights per year, the other is New Years Eve. Left the store at 11:30pm Christmas eve, went back in 6-10am this morning to open. Did the presents thing, went back to bed for a few hours and went to Grandma's. Had some great prime rib, then left to meet the girlfriend.

She's moving into an apartment Jan 1st, but until then we have to rendezvous wherever we can for sexy time. Given the frozen nature of the canal this time of year the locks are deserted and we usually park at one of the two that are nearby. Not five minutes after we finish up, a car pulls down the hill in behind us and spotlights us. The state trooper was cool about it, we hadn't been drinking so he bid us good night and drove away. Out of the dozens of times we've used that spot that's the first time we've gotten busted. Merry Christmas indeed!!

20. Rabbit B.

Rabbit B.
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

books

Attached Files: