Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Well ... this could be a mistake, but what the hell.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scootah, Apr 19, 2012.

1. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

An investment banker who kept a detailed and very candid spread-sheet on the 12 women he was dating or wanted to date has been caught out after he mistakenly sent the document to one of the women.

Focus: What's the dumbest, most retardedly self sabotaging thing you've ever done while dating? Was it dumber than keeping a ho roster score card, and then sending a digital copy of it to one of the ho's?

Alt Focus: Is this guy's spreadsheet actually that bad a thing? Have you had trouble keeping track of online dating interests? Have you considered this kind of score card as a digital replacement for a 'little black book'? How would you feel if you found out that before you started dating someone, they'd had this kind of spreadsheet?

Attached Files:

2. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I don't think that spreadsheet is bad AT ALL. He isn't offensive; he's just trying to keep track of who said what and who's who. It's actually not a bad idea. Jesus, I know even keeping track of who people are on TiB gets cumbersome after several years...I don't see why it's gone viral, since it's not like he's ranking how they give head or something.

Emailing it to one of the girls was pretty stupid, though.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was thinking the exact same thing outside of choice to use the douchey abbreviated form of "bod." Though it seems like he did it to be more concise as a whole than being a douche. I give him credit for sticking by his word and sending the document. I don't know why girls would think anything but good about it.

Caption for spreadsheet:

"The result of when a man with OCD decides to never forget another girls name again. Ever."

4. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Alt-focus: You know, when I first read about this, I didn't understand what the big deal was. I find it hilarious that he accidentally sent it to one of them, but the act of keeping the spreadsheet isn't inherently douchey to me. It had potential to be MUCH worse, but what he actually wrote wasn't really offensive. I kind of even admire his organization. I do the same thing for, like, tracking agents and submissions and things. Mainly I'm just jealous he has had that much luck with online dating. My peeks into OkCupid have been wholly uninspiring, although awesome for digital people-watching.

I must have a story for the focus, but I need to think about it.

5. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm in agreement with the comments above. His only real mistake was in telling his date about it and then sending it to her. Guess the conversation got a little boring so they ended up on the "hey - how about this match.com" schtick and were comparing notes. Who knows. From my standpoint, just looks like he is organized.

6. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

I have to admit, I kind of see the appeal for a spreadsheet. I mean, email it around is just fucking retarded. But if you're interacting with a bunch of people over an extended period - I could totally see how this thing would be really helpful.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Depends on how organized you are as a person. That guy is someone I'd want working for my company. On the other hand I made a spreadsheet for applying for jobs that could go just as viral for how poorly it is constructed and executed. Don't ask to post it.

8. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Add me to the list of people that thinks it's a bit anal but not actually offensive.

Also, I think that it was way more fucked up of her to send it around to her friends than it was for him to make it.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

A little douchey. But not much. This guy really hasn't really done anything wrong, and believe me: this sort of thing isn't new and REALLY isn't uncommon amongst men OR women. His just happens to be probably the most conservative and polite that I've seen.

These five guys I knew in college who had a townhouse together kept a giant "scorecard" hidden on the back of their living room bulletin board that they tallied every pick-up/sexual encounter they made from one-nighters to actual girlfriends, with about ten to twelve "categories" on it (that also had a 1-10 rating) detailing various physical attributes and sexual performances of the women they met. There was only ONE based on personality, labeled "personality". The rest of course were the type of things only vacant-minded PUAs would give a shit about.

I thought it was fairly creepy and an ENORMOUS heat score if it was discovered, but they treated it like ferocious bookies and often got into heated discussions over the lies and truths written on it. I've heard the whole "I've banged more chicks than you so I'm better" horseshit countless times, but THIS was a whole new level of unnecessary.

Personally, I don't care-- it wouldn't be my bag personally, dating or relationship hunting doesn't seem like the kind of thing that requires paperwork, spreadsheets or files. In my eyes, you connect with somebody or you don't and statistics shouldn't tell you what to choose, but on the other hand I DO see the point of the guy from the original post. At least he kept it somewhat conservative unlike those dinks that I mentioned.

And I agree with KK, "bod" is one the the douchiest things a man could say. 1986 called and wanted its beach slang back.

10. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This.

Coincidentally, I happen to have a spreadsheet on all of you.

I've been monitoring Ballsack very closely, and am hoping that he and I can go see a local production of "Fiddler on the Roof" next time I'm in KC.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's funny because before one of his meltdowns on the last board he swore to me he had records of who was neg repping him and what they said. I figured it was a coke fiend lie. But maybe high stress jobs, and drugs, bring out the best in peoples organizational skills.

It seems you would if you found a dates spread sheet that had you listed under the "too short for me to date" column.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Another added to the "Boom Roasted" category at my expense.

To clarify, that honestly hasn't happened to me personally. It's just a shallow thing to say (her, not you) and there's dozens of variations on the "I only date _____ men/women" that are equally worthless. And to cement that I'm not a hypocrite, I myself was into tall girls back in the day-- I mean straight-up Amazons actually taller than me, 5'10" or taller (I know that seems odd to most guys, but on the other hand fuck you). However, I tower over my wife. She's probably 5'2". Person > Height

13. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is one of those things that gets exponentially more creepy when you write them down. A woman who sees her name on something like this is bound to wonder how close she was to ending up in a duffel bag.

14. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alt Focus: What other category’s should be on that list?

I like how he has a category called "online appearance" I would have had a following one called "actual appearance", would be interesting to see the % difference after 20 dates. It would allow you to extrapolate that data against future online meetings.

For instance:

"She's seems to be a 7.5 which is within an acceptable tolerance range, however apply the -16.3% variance and she falls below the "worth the cost of dinner risk range"

15. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Damn, there's like 50 chicks on match.com in my area.

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I keep a spreadsheet of girls I've spread between the sheets.

17. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In all honesty: a girl you went on a date with sends you a spreadsheet of all the guys she is dating from match.com and you don't forward it to your buddies? You Sir, are a better man than me.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Pfffft. You act like that's a sin. Most women still don't grasp the concept that when you break up with a man, he's going to show his friends any and all naked pictures of her to his buddies.

...I'm talking five MINUTES after they break up, without so much as breaking stride. Internet camera striptease for him on his birthday? Congrats to her, she just went pro.

19. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love how they go to pains to say the spreadsheet is color coded, like color coding it somehow launches it into some new stratosphere of anal retentiveness, all you have to do is click a button, the dude works in spreadsheets all day, it probably took him a second at most.

I don't blame him for keeping a spreadsheet since the 12 girls on it weren't the only ones. I mean, you have to keep your shit straight. I'm wracking my brain trying to figure how people could find this type of behavior anal or creepy, it's a lot easier than keeping a journal/diary. I keep spreadsheets for finances and food intake that are probably much more 'anal' than that (not saying I'm more advanced with spreadsheets, just that people use them for a reason, they're really fucking useful).

That said he's a total fucking moron for e-mailing it to someone else and deserves to get shit on for it. I mean really? You're a successful 28 year old guy and you thought there was no harm in not only mentioning BUT E-MAILING the damn thing to a potential hookup? Back to the drawing board dipshit.

And seriously, this is news? The worst part is I read half the article, hypocrite stamp for me.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Your buddies must have more restraint than mine. I've seen many a naked shot during relationships. One of my friends has kept track of all of the disseminated nude shots of girls from our high school since we graduated. Guys just like to keep this type of stuff organized for future reference.