Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Well that's a bit less badass ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LadyLecter, Nov 15, 2010.

1. LadyLecter

LadyLecter
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.buzzfeed.com/mathieus/how-t-rex-really-looked-like-8q4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.buzzfeed.com/mathieus/how-t- ... d-like-8q4</a>

So apparently scientists are coming to the conclusion that T-Rex was most likely covered with feathers.

The newest drawings have T-Rex looking like this:

That is NOT what my toy T-Rex looked like when I was a kid. Next thing that they will determine is that T-Rex also wore a pretty dress and invited the other dinosaurs over for tea. This is really depressing.

FOCUS: What were some of your experiences with childhood illusions/beliefs being crushed?

ALTERNATE FOCUS: Discuss the fact that T-Rex had fucking feathers.

Attached Files:

2. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

I personally was very disappointed when they demoted Brontosauruses to Apatosauruses. I note that Firefox's spell-checker believes that Brontosauruses is a word, but Apatosauruses is not. I think that says something right there.

I was never much into dinosaurs when I was a kid, but seeing a real dinosaur skeleton in a museum is a pretty interesting experience. The feathers are a little weird, though. We'll just have to clone a few and find out. Unlike Michael Crichton, I am not worried - we will just have Nettdata on hand to slaughter, fillet, and barbecue any that get out of hand.

#2 DrFrylock, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: Driving, it was awesome to gain the freedom and for a while the idiot teenage hormones fueled a reckless need for speed. Now I can care less and absolutely dread gridlock traffic. This is probably not the intended meaning of the focus but meh, it wasn't as bad ass to me in the long run.

Alt focus: The link you gave is bullshit, not further links or explanations outside f the few sentences and the picture. Though it does suck that the thought now is that they were less hunters and more scavengers. Still badass.

While surfing the wikipedia site I can across this picture of two Trex skeletons gettin it ON!

[​IMG]

Must have been hard to do some serious ass slapping with those tiny arms.

4. Brobdingnagian

Brobdingnagian
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Alt. Focus: Okay... I'm not trying to lord my state college education over anyone's head... but we learned this like 4 years ago. What's REALLY disappointing is what happened to the T-Rex after the meteor hit:
    [​IMG]

That's not even a joke... it's science.

Focus: I've been plotting and scheming the ways to get filthy, filthy rich since I was 5 years old. There used to be fairly easy ways, and there still are. But thanks to some people who shall remain nameless *cough Baby Boomers cough* I have virtually no chance at landing a high paying job without more fucking school, or rampant nepotism and cronyism, which is the route I am trying out first. Just kind of a debby downer to spend 18+ years in the system and then get out to find naught but dust and ash waiting for me.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I remember exactly where I was standing as a heartbroken child the day I found out the that The Flintstones were in fact NOT filmed before a live studio audience.

6. hiphopguru

hiphopguru
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RIP Pluto. You were such a good planet.

7. goodfornothing

goodfornothing
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

When younger I thought that the displays of the T-rex and other dinosaurs at museums were actually the real skeletons. Then I had the misfortune to find out that they were in fact casts of the ones they do have and some are completely educated guesses. I would never look at them the same way again . . . so disappointing.

8. Harry Coolahan

Harry Coolahan
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The feathers are fucking cool.

Now instead of being a scavenger with stubby, useless arms, the T-Rex is the most badass bird in history.

Haters.

9. Marburg

Marburg
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

For me it was finally getting behind the curtain and actually becoming a physician. I remember while growing up I idolized Doctor's with their fancy white coats and all that medical knowledge at the tip of their fingertips. I honestly envisioned sleek fancy medical equipment and cutting edge therapeutics, curing everything under the sun with a pill or simple surgery. What I failed to account for was the beaurocracy involved in medicine .... from the paperwork... to legal.. to spending countless hours rounding on ingrateful patients. Really the only patients I've met who are remotely grateful for care are geriatrics and sadly the reimbursement for them isn't market based, so of course it is beyond pitiful. Plus it doesn't help that getting physicians to work together to better the field is like herding a bunch of cats. Luckily I'm in anesthesia which is purely interventional and my hours are great.... but a piece of me still would like to work in geriatrics some day.

10. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The most badass bird in history? Talk about a consolation prize. This is like being the world's smartest sheep.

11. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As wide-eyed, optimistic, happy, naive little boy, I viewed all of my relatives and our family friends with rose-colored glasses. I generally liked everyone, and held my elders in high regard - until my batshit insane mother had a disagreement with one of them, or decided out of a clear blue sky that she was pissed at someone. Then she would proceed to tell me things about these people, either wholly invented or things that no 8 year old should be hearing. One by one, the pantheon of my elders was reduced to "that guy who cheated on his wife", "That bitch who always hated my mom" , or "the know-it-all Aunt". As a result, my current cyncism started at a very young age.

12. benny lava

benny lava
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rudy.

One of the best parts of the movie is when they lay their jerseys on coach Devine's desk in protest of him not letting Rudy dress out.
    He caves. Rudy leads the team out, makes the final then is carried off the field.

Awesome.

Then comes Joe Montana couple months ago on a well listened to radio program. Claims the jersey scene never happened.
    That they carried Rudy off as some kinda sick fucking joke.

Fuck you Joe Montana. That movie is ruined for me now. I will never watch it again.

Next thing you know, they'll say that Milton didn't really burn the Initech building down or that Ron Burgundy didn't really like scotch.

13. hamshackler

hamshackler
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

When I was younger, I was a huge Power Rangers fan, as I'm sure many of us were. Well, I thought that if I could obtain a "morpher," the little gadget thingy they use to go from street clothes to colored spandex, I would be able to magically transform into a Power Ranger. Well, one year for Easter I got one in my Easter basket. When I removed it from the plastic wrapping, I immediately used it, hoping the transformation would take place. Alas, nothing happened. It was very disappointing for a 7 year old standing in his underwear striking a "It's Morphing Time!" pose in his living room.

14. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I was very young, I thought women conceived babies by eating seeds. I was constantly looking for my mom's "baby seeds" so I could sneak them into her breakfast. I thought my dad was my dad because he married my mom.

I forget who told me about sex, but I was very upset when I found out that men play a role in making babies.

15. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I found that professional wrestling was fake. Yes, when I was a kid I believed that it was real.

16. Limes

Limes
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

As a kid I always thought that women gave birth out of their arse.

17. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

This is fucking news to me. Are you fucking kidding me? What bullshit.

Focus: Right fucking now

Do you not realize that birds are evil incarnate? Have you ever looked into the eyes of a bird? Really really looked? All this just furthers my position that birds are the devil and should be eradicated entirely as soon as possible. It all makes perfect sense. We better enjoy this dominion over nature that us humans have right now. You better believe they are plotting revenge as we speak.

18. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    In my extensive experience as an Internet dweller I've come to an understanding that this role is usually a pizza boy, next door neighbor, or random nameless stranger.

Focus: I was hugely disappointed when I found out Sprint's "Unlimited" data plan is limited to 5 Gigabytes of data per month. What the fuck Sprint? It's not like I can reduce the file size of the snuff films BEFORE I download them to my phone.