Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Weird White People Shit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by downndirty, Sep 18, 2020.

1. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was talking to a coworker about stuff to do in the area she just relocated to, and one thing that came up was the Maryland Renaissance Festival. It's quite large and elaborate, as far as these things go, and runs from summer until about Halloween.

We were talking about the appeal of said festival, such as food, music, people watching and goofy shit like axe throwing and stumbled upon a realization that....well, this is weird white people shit. Like, I dunno who needs an excuse to use the word "bodice" much less own one, or why there are literally thousands of people who dress up for shit like this, to the extent of making their own chain mail. I'm as big a fan of a good freak show as the next guy, but like....why tho?

Ditto escape rooms. Bitch, you want me to be trapped...in a room with coworkers....for fun???

There were a few other examples like board games, but I'm curious what is the weird white people shit where you live?

2. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had an experience along these lines today.

A co-worker was telling us about a hatchet he bought at a flea market. He had some fun throwing it and then noticed a name on the head. He looked it up and found it’s actually worth WAY more than he paid for it.

“Guess I won’t be throwing that anymore,” he said and we all had a laugh.

Another co-worker, who is black, asked, “Was that a white people joke or something? I don’t get why ya’lls laughing.”

That really cracked me up. Cuz it’s probably a “white people” thing as he put it.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Going to Walmart to hang out

4. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My parts guy used to say “Jim Croce is white people shit”

5. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Karen-ing seems to remain a thoroughly white activity. I was waiting to see some other races go Karen on someone, it just ain't happened.

These white women don't seem to learn from the mistakes of others either, you can't yell at people like that, you don't need to call the cops on people for not being white. They're all like, "this isn't the same as that barbecue lady, these black people look suspicious, they're sitting where I have decided isn't appropriate." And call cops on them for that shit.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen it happen in a while, is it because of the virus, no news coverage because of protesting? I know they haven't simply stopped being stupid and racist, that would truly be a Christmas miracle.

6. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There are tons of escape rooms where I last lived. Some of them are going high-tech with VR.

We got roped into one as a team bonding experience. I agreed to go because it came with free dinner at an awesome nearby steakhouse that served great local microbrews, so three of us pre-gamed at a bar next door and arrived several bourbons deep. It was, if this is possible, even cornier than I imagined, and appeared to be constructed out of children's' toys and scrap lumber. The escape consisted of 6 people standing around staring blankly, and the three drunk ones solving the puzzles. Attempts to help from the 6 were bad enough that it actually diminished my opinion of all of them.

The steak and beer were excellent, though, so all in all I recommend the experience. Unless your escape room night doesn't come with free steak and beer. Then stay far away.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was just thinking of this the other day. Girl I know posted pics of a fox hunt this past weekend. I guess they don't actually hunt foxes anymore just dress up in white upper crust horse riding garb (fucking hawt on white bitches) and gallop horses through a forrest. Looked expensive.

[​IMG]

8. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I rode dressage when I was younger and got shit for it at school and even now at times.

I have been told the amount of hiking I do qualifies because apparently only white people will drive hours to go walk for miles uphill.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

storm chasing is definitely weird white people shit.

10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    We had a team outing to an escape room a few months back.

When I was informed of it, I asked my supervisor "Can I bring a gun?" I then explained my plan to escape the room..."I'll point a gun at someone, look into the camera and say "Let me out or I start shooting"...we'll be out in no time"

If they'd forced me to go I may have actually done it. Why the hell would I want to be locked in a room with co-workers?

As it was, they failed to get out of the room. Losers.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

How about Apple/strawberry/whatever picking? I mean... why purchase this easily-accessible shit at a store when you can pay high price to be a farm’s migrant worker for a couple of hours while getting swarmed by yellowjackets?

Sounds as fun as a prostate exam from a Captain Hook. I do not get the concept of paying to do someone else’s job, in the exposed sun no less. Pass.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Weddings in the woods or beach or whatever. Lady, that dress was not designed for the outdoors.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

-Becoming a health/wellness consultant

-Ghost hunting

-Lamenting one’s own privilege

14. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Goat yoga.

I love goats, but the idea of paying someone to do yoga while they climb on me?

Actually, back that up. Yoga in general.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

my cousin was on shark tank for this. They claim they invented it. I didn’t watch the episode, but apparently they failed in a humorous manner

16. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I actually like yoga, as its hard as fuck to do, but not intense the way many other forms of exercise are. Goat yoga is WWPS.

Also, ancestry.com? Wonder why....

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Not so fast..

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Dog whisperers. Fuck Cesar Milan, just focus and train your dog, you lazy twat.

Cuddle parties. I brought that to the attention of the old board and it became it gigantic insult-a-thon. Absolutely ridiculous emasculated nonsense.

Wanting to own/befriend predatory animals. No idiot, you aren’t “wild and untamed” like your pet leopard seal. You simply brought an apex predator into your home to compensate for something, which will eventually just kill your ass dead.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Do you mean in the store, or those people that set up glamping circles with RV’s and tailgate?

People do that at Tim Horton’s up here. Set up little lawn chair sewing circles on the lawn boulevards that instantly give a ghetto look to the property. I get you don’t have a backyard but there’s not a place in the city where you can’t walk to a clean, well-kept park within 15 minutes.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

nah like meeting in the Walmart shopping the aisles and stuff