Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Weird South African Holiday Drunk Thread 4/30/10!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Durbanite, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Right, so, I've had a few beers. Let's have it, drunkards*!

What do you call a female drunk? Drunkess? Something worth pondering after your 5th drink...

2. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Re: Workers Day / Labour Day / Labor Day Drunk Thread 30/04/2010

Drunkess? Huh? You call a slurring drunk chick easy dude. Duh.

Since BD is slacking. *buttbump*

3. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Aren't we a little early for Labor Day, like by 5 months?

4. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm all for random drunken ramblings but I would like to point out that Labor Day in the States is in September.

Now, let's drink some beers.

5. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

My bad, I've been outlet-mall shopping with my mom all day. When you lose a bunch of weight, you kinda need to replace your old wardrobe. I friggin' racked up on some good stuff.

With that being said- I look amazing in Banana Republic jeans. I mean, really fucking good.

I'm about to drink a beer and go look at my buddy's new (expensive and not free) 25ft Shearwater. I'll be back in a bit.

6. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tonight is game 6 of the Lakers vs. Thunder series, which is a huge fucking deal here in OKC. I really don't give two shits about professional basketball, but I can see why its such a big deal around here being as this is the second season of the first professional sports team we have ever had.

So we're are heading up to our favorite sports bar around 7 and even though I'm not that interested in basketball, I do love sitting at a bar on a Friday evening and pounding beers.

7. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just got back from a brewery tour. Went to Summit in St. Paul. The founder (and current president) of the company gave the tour and spent a good deal of time at their bar with our group afterwards.

Helluva good time. Damn good beer too... They've got an oatmeal stout that I liked quite a bit.

8. Rumble

Rumble
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Tonight my company bought a 32-seat box for the only hockey in town, the WHL. A free ticket + pregame beers + private bar = me being drunk in about 2 hours. Should be a good time but I'm always hesitant to drink at company functions as I have a hard time separating work me and fun me.

9. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm finishing up a takehome exam, then I'm going to sit down at Barneys (our patio bar) to hoist pitchers into my face until they make me leave. Then I'll go somewhere else and continue the process, hopefully meeting a nice* girl along the way.

*easy

10. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Look at who you're talking to. Pretty sure that he has no idea what you're talking about. Not everyone can be like you, shegirl.

11. WickedBitch

WickedBitch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My 11yo has a baseball game at 8pm tonight, so despite my closeted desire to get hammered and start some shit with the other (snobby) baseball moms (and my requirement of staying sober until the nursing baby goes to bed for the night), I shall not be drinking until way later, at which point I will begin throwing rum down my throat. Can y'all go ahead and get the dick talk out of the way while I'm gone so we can get down to more pressing business?

I really want to go get some coconut rum, orange/pineapple juice and some grenadine/cherries and make mixed drinks (as opposed to shots) but that gets kind of expensive. I just got The Darkness used for the PS3 tonight and I have such fond memories of playing that while drinking the above mentioned mixed beverage that I want to relive it all over again.

Such a great game. Strange but great!

And not one of you made fun of me for wanting to see a Phil Collins concert when I was 14?! Y'all are slippin'. I'm ashamed of you.

Or am I kidding myself that any of you actually reads my posts?

12. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe for Americans. For non-Americans (read: Commies), Labor Day is May 1.

13. The Beer Baron

The Beer Baron
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Just wait till they start talking about dicks and yeast infections..

14. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Home at last, and this shiner bock tastes really fucking good.

Penis!

15. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

No, the weird S.A. holiday was on the 27th April, Freedom Day, also known as The-Day-Every-Government-Entity-In-S.A.-Went-Down-The-Shitter, or, to others, the day the A.N.C. won their General Election in 1994.

Otherwise, as far as I know, Workers' Day is also celebrated in the U.K., Australia and Canada (and quite a few other countries, too) under various names on May 1st...

Right. Time for another drink.

16. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So what do you guys do in South Africa to celebrate, throw a parade for the 5 people in the country that actually work?

17. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just got back from visiting my buddy in Austin. Amazing town. So much crap to do as opposed to South Florida: go to beach, go to shitty club, get lost in Everglades and have a python eat you.

Ever drink in a bar that is, simply put, somewhere you can call home? I'm all for simple little places, hole in the walls, the local joints. But I was in The Driskill Hotel Bar in Austin and I could have cried. It was out of a fairy tale. A fairy tale for mean drunks with a predilection for gin and dead cows.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The bartender knew his shit and the obscure cocktail I asked him for, he actually looked it up and came to talk to me about different variations of it. The place is decked out in wood, copper, cow hide everything. The best explanation I can call it is "cowboy library." The fucking shitter stalls were even their own separate, closed off room. Drink prices were only about a dollar more, but they were also made properly. I will pay for attention to detail. You have your $5-6 gin and tonic, I will have my $7 Negroni filled with about 3.5 ounces of liquor.

So tonight I go back to the land of mere mortals to drink High Life at some chick's house while everyone else does blow cut with sweet and low. Fuck.

18. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

No, COSATU (Council Of South African Trade Unions) finalises their plans for mass strike action for during the World Cup, a fantastic advert for the foreign visitors. The A.N.C. then has a nice 4+ hour National Address on the ONLY ENGLISH SPEAKING FUCKING TV CHANNEL on the Government Broadcaster - all about "The Struggle" and all that nonsense. Oh yes, that was preceded by a 3 hour address by President Jacob "Polygamous, HIV-girl-raping" Zuma also all about "The Struggle". I'm sorry, you batty cunt, you weren't even in the fucking country - you were overseas parlaying with your Russian mates because you were told to g.t.f.o. or go to jail. I respect Madiba because he went to jail for his beliefs - these other fuckers all got up and ran.

One thing that always makes me laugh was the 5 Black people they interviewed on Carte Blanche a year or 2 back who said they'd rather go back to Apartheid and have proper sanitation, less criminal activity and actual running water. Yup.

The only people who give a toss about Freedom Day are the A.N.C. supporters, as it symbolised the rolling out of the Gravy Train for all buddies and relatives and the start of a new era that's unprecedented in its corruption.

/rant

EDIT: The only plus was that I watched Dexter and Flash Forward instead. I recorded the dumb address to see how long it would be...

Fuck it. No more mixer with this Beam. Time to drink neat.

19. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yesterday was my 28th and final exam since September. That's right, I do more exams in a year than most people do in several years of university. So I went out drinking immediately afterwards, at noon. Well, between a reduced tolerance, not having eaten enough food, and three hours of sleep, it ended with me leaving my friend's place, drinking beer out of an aluminum water bottle on the way home at seven in the evening, and waking up hung over at two in the morning.

Well done, me.

EDIT: Canada celebrates Labour Day in September, like the rest of the civilized world. You fuckers can take your "May Day" and shove it.

20. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All I know is that Cinco de Mayo is in just a couple of days, and there hasn't been a Cinco de Mayo in as long as I can remember that I haven't gotten royally fucked up on tequila and mexican beer. Looks like I'll be having an eye doctors appointment or some other shit on thursday morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.