Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Weekly Inebriation Discussions 7/27/12

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

First World Problem... Can you honestly tell someone who is so excited and generous that they bought you ugly shoes?

I promise that its not that I'm ungrateful, I just... Would have never even considered these new Nikes that The Wife bought for me if I were shopping for myself.

Admittedly, I normally only buy new running shoes about once a year, and the ones I do buy are normally around $30-$40, and these ARE comfortable as hell...

Oh well, I guess it doesn't really matter if I look goofy as hell with my giant black tenny-shoes as long as they feel great. Hell, I'm probably giving myself WAY too much credit in assuming that I didn't look goofy running BEFORE.

To say thank you, while she is still sleeping this morning, I uploaded the first two "Song of Ice and Fire" audiobooks to her phone so that she can start listening on her way to work and finally start to find out "what happeeeens to dee Dragoon-Lady and dee John Snow". I think she''l like that. Its not like I can afford to buy her a new vacuum every week so she can have like 10 of them like she REALLY wants (Messicans... I swear...), so this will have to do.

Drink of the Week is Beer. Cheap beer, fancy beer, light beer, dark beer, lager, ale, IPA, stout... You name it. We'll start out general this week and narrow it down in the future.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Here's a good beer mixer-- Youngs Chocolate Stout mixed with Shock Top. You know those chocolate oranges you put in the freezer? It tastes exactly like that.

In other news, I've apparently lost my birth certificate and social security card. Oops?

3. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Beer mixing... that reminds me...

Are they pushing this 'Smirnoff Rocket' in the US as hard as they're pushing it here? It's disgusting. What a waste of beer.

On another gay note... I love that several of the men on this board made comments not just on my tits, but on my haircut. I think some of you have meterosexual tendencies.

4. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

BD, going to the tarpon rodeo this weekend?

5. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rather than purchasing mere bottles or cans this weekend, I'm going to the source. The Harpoon Brewery in VT is hosting the Champions of New England Barbeque. For a $15 ticket, I'm going to immerse myself in the spicy-sweet meaty goodness provided by 40 competitors and drink beer until they're legally required to make me leave.

6. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Camping this weekend. Our beer of choice will be Magic hat's summer ale and Atlantic Brewing Company's Blueberry Ale.

7. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

I went once before*.

So no. No, not no. Hell no.

It was fun, though. I think.

8. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey, Nom, if you really can't find anything to do in New Orleans, head on down to Grand Isle. You might stand out a little.

9. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Like I needed much provoking to pick up a case of my favorite brew for the weekend, but BD you did the trick. August Schell Brewing Co. it is. But the question is, do I get a variety pack or just a case of the Stout?

This is gonna be a kickass weekend because I have matches to shoot in both Saturday and Sunday. There is no better way for me to spend my time off than shooting, especially after a shitty week like this one.

10. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Make sure you leave all of your sleeves at home.

It may look fun, but don't get into the pools that people have made in the beds of their trucks by lining the bed with blue tarps and filling them with water and driving up and down the strip. You'd be just begging for a staph infection (at best).

And don't drink straight from any liquor bottles offered to you. You don't know who that bottle has been inside. I'm serious. If you don't believe me, head to the docks this evening and look at what takes place on the backs of all of the sportfishers tied up at the marina.

Be wary of any girl that just randomly starts chatting you up. There is about a 95% chance that she is a hooker.

And beware the make-shift tattoo parlors set up in the back of people's trucks. True story- a guy I played college ball with went to the Tarpon rodeo, got drunk, and got Halle Berry's name tattooed on his ass in one of those.

I think people fish there as well, but I'm not 100% sure.

11. Paperbag

Paperbag
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'll be going to the Beer Festival on Sunday with a group of friends. Has anyone ever been to one of these before? My beer of choice in the summer is usually Rickard's White or Hoegarden, but I'll be branching out and am open to suggestions. I think my ticket gives me 10 beers to sample for the day.

12. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Meh. Beerfest is kinda overrated. It's a good time and all, but the tickets are overpriced. The best day to go is Sunday. None of those vendors want to lug half-full kegs back to the warehouse, so they give huge samples to clean out their stock.

Edit: Find the guy who rolls the cuban cigars, though. That guy is awesome and worth every fucking penny for what you'll pay.

I'm heading to the local Mennonite farmer's market tomorrow. Is it appropriate to haggle with Mennonites, or are you supposed to barter? Should I be bringing cash or livestock and illicit curling irons?

13. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At the in house bar at MillerCoors, they mix something they call the Blue Velvet which is half Blue Moon, half cider. Any lighter, bit sweeter cider will do. Its DANGEROUS.

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    It's best to barter with either bolts of plain blue or white cloth or bees. The Mennonites love themselves some bees.

Or if you're like me, start preaching the word of God very LOUD and absurdly wrong. They'll give you shit just to make you go away.

"And the Lord God sayeth unto Abraham "See thou yonder tractor? You shall rideth, not on 4 wheels, but upon 2, until the beets riseth from the yeast of the maidens bread. And I shall breatheth the breath of life upon yon unfertile fields so that ye may know."

15. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: Weekly Inebriation Discussions 7/27/12

If they have unfiltered honey there, buy it. That's the best honey I have had, I use a lot of it for my BBQ, way better than store bought.

16. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: Weekly Inebriation Discussions 7/27/12

Unpasteurized, fresh anything is better in my opinion.

17. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Work is sending me to Germany for 6 weeks, possibly more. They will be providing me with a rental car while I am there. I mean, sure, this is likely relationship #2 that is on the chopping block, but fuck, at least I'm getting sent somewhere awesome.

Secondary notes:

My passport lists my nationality as Canadian/Canadienne. Now, I am bilingual, Cabada is a bilingual country and French is the traditional language of passports, but what the fuck? Can you not get the gender right? God.

Also Paris is hot as FUCK, and the French apparently have a big thing against air conditioning. I am covered in a constant slime and also anything that was in my pockets (I.e. My passport) is now disgusting. I'm going to need a new one as even the plastic cover and I.D. Page are waterlogged.

18. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Oh, I have plenty to do, just wondered if anybody had any unexpected good suggestions.

19. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Graveyard tours. Those graveyards in NOLA are fascinating, but from what I've heard it's not terribly safe to go mucking around them by yourself.

20. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Fuck that. I've seen Double Jeopardy, I know how that shit works. One minute you're lurking through a graveyard searching for your son, the next minute, you see a jazz funeral band, and before you know what's going on, your fake-dead husband knocks you unconscious and locks you in a crypt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.