Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Weekend drunk thread Nov 18th-20th

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by McSmallstuff, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was going to say she look like she's on tha drank.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow, that brings back memories. My freshman year in college (25 years ago, whoa), I came back home for something one weekend, like two weeks after starting school. Obviously, I was underage, but I went out to a restaurant bar with a buddy of mine who had not left for school yet. (My alcohol experience at that point in my life was Miller Lite or Bacardi & Coke.) The "bar tender" that night was a guy I had known from my older sister's class in highschool. We sit down, and he says, "what'll it be." I said, "Make me something funky." He said, "How about a '57 Chevy with Hawaiian Plates?"

I was 17, 5'11" and 140 pounds. I had 5 or 6 of those things and I'm pretty sure I threw up in the bathroom later.

I've never had one since then. I think I remember trying to order one several years ago at a hotel bar, but the guy said he didn't know that one.

Recipe
    1 ounce Southern Comfort whiskey
    1 ounce Amaretto liqueur
    1 ounce Grand Marnier liqueur
    Splash of cranberry juice*
    Splash of pineapple juice

Mix with ice, strain into cocktail glass.

*I looked this up online just now, and there were several different versions of the '57 Chevy. Some of them show vodka or crown royal or something else. I'm pretty sure he made it with Red Grenadine instead of cranberry juice, but the rest of what I've listed is definitely what I had.

3. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We are having a camping trip this weekend of what has snowballed to be epic-potential proportions. There will be feral pig hunting, horse working, pasture planting, and gun shooting. There will be moonshine. There are people flying in from other states to come to this event.
    It's being held in my parents' pasture. We're setting up tents so we don't bother them (too much). Last time we did this, we all hung out in the barn by the wood stove, drinking, dancing, passing booze around, and telling stories. I am so very much looking forward to this. I think we may even go fishing.
    The only thing missing is fireworks...and to be honest, it's so dry, we'd probably burn down half the county.
    That said, in my prep for the weekend, I went to the liquor store last night and stocked up. I discovered Cake vodka. Sweet Jesus, that stuff is AMAZING. That with some lemonade...Tastes like a lemon cream cupcake and goddamn I love me some cupcakes.

4. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Damn, I think I might have to go buy the latest issue of King Magzine. Let's roll with this
    [​IMG]

#44 KillaKam, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  5. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For coffee, any of the Godiva liqueurs, or any of the Starbucks versions.

Also, back dimples:
    [​IMG]

Also, because I'm going home this weekend:

#45 shimmered, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  6. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From the R&R thread:

Wait, does Sonic serve booze? Or are you just going to fill a Sonic cup with booze?

7. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sonic does not serve booze, if they served booze, they'd NEVER get rid of the white trash out front.
    No no, I'm going to put some lemonade and ice in a cup and finish with cake vodka.

8. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We serve the UV Cake vodka at my bar and the stuff has been hit and miss. We'll serve some and then sell a ton of it, but on the other hand it'll go days before the bottle is even touched. Never thought of pairing it with lemonade though. I'll have to give it a try. Not my cup of tea, but if it's good and I can sell it, why not?

9. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

tastes like lemon cake. I fucking love lemon cake.

10. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My girlfriend was a fan of the UV cake shots on her birthday this year. She had a great UV hangover the next day. After my experiences with UV Blue back in freshman year I've sworn UV off completely.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Frangelico is one that a lot of people forget about. It's made by monks, and has the yummy taste of hazelnuts, so what could go wrong?

[​IMG]

If you want a bit of cinnamon in your coffee, try a bit of Fireball in it.

I'm also a big fan of having a half coffee, half hot chocolate, with some peppermint schnapps in it. Up here it's generally referred to as a Polar Bear when it's without the coffee part, but I like the caffeine. Order it in a bar and they give you a sugared lip and whip, but even just a shot of peppermint schnapps in hot chocolate is great.

And if you switch to hot chocolate instead of coffee, believe it or not, port goes really, really well with it. Get the cheap stuff, and add an ounce or two, and it's all kinds of yummy.

Yeah, I got in shit with the office manager at my new gig because I converted my bottom desk drawer into a well-stocked bar. I laughed at his scorn, and then gave him a shot of the 18 year old single malt I had in there, and all was forgiven. (He quickly realized that I didn't give a shit about his "rules" about booze in coffee, and had half-decent taste in booze).

12. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

13. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok, so I just walked over to the bar and yes, this does taste just like lemon cake. And this was verified by all the servers and bartenders who are on right now, 'cause god knows they won't turn down a free shot of anything. I think most of them work the day shift because they know that's when I'll do funky shit with booze.

14. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fernet? Campari?

15. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yup, they may not enjoy it, but they'll drink it. Although they might draw the line at Chartreuse.

16. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wanna try it with grenadine or raspberry. I'm excited to just mix shit with it tonight. I really really don't wanna puke it up tho.

So far though, this shit is date rape in a bottle. Goddamn.

17. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since I'm basically funemployed until Tuesday, I'm going to crack open a Guinness. And then maybe I'll get really crazy and crack open another.

Woo, Friday nights.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Guinness? Yeesh. Enjoy, I guess...

19. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, that would not be pleasant. Also, I do not envy you the hangover you'll have tomorrow. That shit is going to rape your brain.

20. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Real men have been using leftover bacon grease for sexy time for years.

Alright ladies, now who wants to get slippery?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.