Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Weekend Drunk Thread, 6/14

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My recipe involves a glass, whiskey, ice. Put whiskey in the glass, add ice

2. jrm

jrm
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

You guys are claiming Alexander Graham Bell and Sanford Fleming? I find your Marine Screw Propeller claim slightly spurious as well. The instant replay though, that is a fine invention indeed. I used that as a question when I was writing a pub quiz. The two Canadians there got it wrong, despite me telling them that Canada was an answer in that round.

3. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

So? We gave the world diabetes, sexting, fake breasts, the button fly, the paparazzi camera, the electric slide, Lebron James, the easy bake oven, corn subsidies, Plaxico Burress, Skrillex, Michael J. Ackson, vibrators, the peacemaker, the Holy Roller, the Marine Screwing Healthcare System, talkies, the retractable beer gut, Radio starring Cuba Gooding Jr., Chuck Berry, Daylight Savings Time, screwy Pat Robertson, Thomas Edison, ESPN's ULTRA SLOW MO CAM!, and if you like it...the Bloody Diarrhea sex.

4. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Full Blown Chaos

Jameson (or your whiskey of choice)
    Red Bull
    Ice

As a side note, I actually drank them with the band Full Blown Chaos.

Caveat: When drinking these, you tend to break out in cuffs.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

[​IMG]

6. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: Weekend Drunk Thread, 6/14

The Nagasaki, triple shot of whiskey dropped in a mug of beer. Preferably cheap beer and even cheaper whiskey.

7. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lynchburg Lemonade

2 oz Bourbon
    1 oz lemon juice
    1/2 oz simple syrup
    1/2 oz triple sec

Shake over ice. Top with seltzer if you're nasty. Yeah, you're a nasty bitch.

Old Fashioned (highly underrated, often fucked up drink)

1 orange peel
    2.5 ounces Bourbon
    1 sugar cube
    5 dashes Angostura bitters

Place sugar cube in glass, add bitters, kiss of water. Muddle the contents into a slurry. Crush, twist, light the orange peel on fire, drop in glass. Add ice, then bourbon, stir.

Frozen Jack and Coke.

1 plastic bottle coke (plastic so it doesn't explode, or it still might how the fuck should I know)
    JD, ice cold

Throw the bottle in the freezer until it's a slushee, add it to the whiskey.

Bourbon Milk Punch

2 oz Bourbon
    1/2 ounce Creme De Cacao
    1/2 ounce simple syrup (might need more)
    Dash cinnamon
    Dash nutmeg
    Dash vanilla extract
    Milk

Mix everything over ice, strain into rocks glass. Fill with cold milk, stir to mix.

Everyone should have simple syrup in the fridge. Cup of water, cup of sugar. Bring it to a boil and simmer until the sugar is dissolved. Keeps for a month or more.

I'm suddenly thirsty.

All else fails:

[​IMG]

8. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Too many ingredients. Leave the ice out.

If you have to add something to straight whiskey... you should probably stick to wine coolers.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Black Jesus:

Your opinions on a Sidecar and Harvey Wallbanger are...

10. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I suppose it's easier to laugh at ourselves when the rest of the world isn't ignoring us. You're blaming us for Justin Bieber because we're relevant on a global scale. Got us there, buddy. Next, you jumped on Florida while you have idiots in your own country driving around with our confederate flags. You write about 5 posts a week like this. Is this inferiority complex driven into you Canadians at a young age, or is it just a bitterness that grows over time? The joke would be on Canada except -

#90 Kampf Trinker, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  11. kindalas

kindalas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What are you talking about proper whisky is supposed to be drank with a bit of water.

Brings out the flavour, if your whisky has flavour to bring out.

12. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've never had Cointreau for a Sidecar. It's too damn expensive. Which gives me a liver sad. 2 oz Brandy, 1 oz Cointreau, 1.5 -1 oz Lemon juice, probably a drizzle of syrup to cut that acid and booze flavor. Same family as the sours (margaritas) no doubt. Sounds like a good time. Better without pants.

Never had a Wallbanger either. Never saw one on a menu, never heard anyone order it. Who the hell buys Galliano anymore?

I mentioned last week I taught a bartender to make a Negroni. Equal parts Sweet Vermouth, Gin, Campari. Just can't F that up no matter how high your bartender is. Mine is, typically, blazed.

Goddammit, I *really* want a drink now.

Cheap whiskey tip: splash of soda, dash of bitters.

Anyone looking for some good reading should go here: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.drinkboy.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.drinkboy.com/</a> Ton of solid cocktails. The old good stuff.

13. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Really? Sandford Fleming is most certainly a Canadian figure. I suppose he didn't move to Canada until he was 18, and technically Canada wasn't a country at the time. But he served in what is now the Royal Regiment of Canada, and was the chief engineer for the railroad that connected the East and West coasts, among other things. If he doesn't count as Canadian, I'm really not sure what does.

Bell seems a bit more shaky, though. Moved to Canada at 23, became a citizen of the United States (and of course remained a British subject because Canadians remained British subjects until after WWII) and Wikipedia says that Scotland, Canada and the United States have all claimed him as "their own", so.

14. jrm

jrm
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The vast majority of whisky out there already has a fair bit of water added to it. Cask strength is normally around 60% but they usually then water it down to about 40-45% before bottling.

As for ice, your taste buds don't work as well at cold temperatures, so adding ice tends to dull any flavours. I don't have confirmation about this story, but apparently the rash of "Ice Cold" beers on tap was because the cheap beers didn't taste great, so they chilled them more so people wouldn't notice the poor flavour because of the temperature. So the reason why cold Carling tastes better than regular Carling is because your body can't process how dreadful it actually is.

I think that if I moved to Canada at the onset of adulthood and lived there for the rest of my life I still probably wouldn't be too happy at people calling me a Canadian. But I guess this isn't 1845 and as you allude to, Canada wasn't even independent when he moved over there. I imagine the notion of being Canadian then was very different from what it is today. So I'm happy to cede Sandford Fleming. Though by similar reasoning you could say Thomas Blake Glover was Japanese, and that I would have to refute.

Scotland is massively stacked for inventions and discoveries as things are, seriously punching above its weight. Not just dull science stuff like Carbon Dioxide and the theory of electromagnetism, or useless things like the television, Sherlock Holmes and the ATM but cool shit like hypnotism, tractor beams and the fucking kaleidoscope. Also, is it any wonder Scots ended up a nation of junkies after inventing the hypodermic syringe?

15. Esian

Esian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Sooo, when one of the first things in the video is someone else taking photos with what appears to be some sort of giant telephoto lens you would think there either would be a better shot of Skunk Ape or that the woman would have yelled something along the lines of 'Oh, it's a fucking dog.'

16. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Can someone explain to me why I thought it was a good idea to take my 21 month old to the parade in 84 degree weather (feels like 90) by myself when I'm 23 weeks pregnant? It seemed like such a good idea yesterday.

We were going to ride the carousel but I think I'll wait until tomorrow night when her dad can help wrangle her. I wouldn't even go back tomorrow night but we have to watch two of my nieces in the baby show. Baby shows are bad enough but I'll also have to listen to my mother in law complain about how I didn't put E in it last year and how I'm not putting her in the toddler swimsuit contest, now or ever.

I'll let you guys get back to your alcohol talk while I down this tall glass of ice water while watching Dora the fucking Explorer. Thank goodness it's almost bedtime for the little one.

17. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

With a kid, I now hate the following shows:

Dora the Explorer
    The Wiggles
    Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
    Caillou

However, my daughter LOVES the following:
    Looney Tunes (specifically Tweety)
    Wreck It Ralph
    The Muppets

Those have given me a brief respite from annoyance.

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I wish someone would kidnap Caillou's whiny ass and drop his body into a swamp somewhere.

19. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

So we're stuck in the hotel room and the girls are watching Say Yes to the Dress. There is an "Earth Mother" type of bride trying dresses on and she chose a strapless.

She doesn't shave her pits. It isn't pretty.

The University is beautiful. I want my daughter to go to college here. Even the parking garage is nice.

20. iamduffy

iamduffy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

A fucked up knee, a broken tooth and fucked up back have made this week suck, but thanks to vicodin and Guinness I now feel fantastic.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.