Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Weekend Drunk Thread, 5/17

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm trying to talk myself into going to Muay Thai instead of opening this bottle or Rioja and getting down to business. I'm sure it'll taste better after I pour out two or three liters of sweat. Right?

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

LIGHTNING BOLT!!!!

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wel, you know 'murica did it first. Didn't Marion Barry, while Mayor, smoke crack, with a hooker, on national TV? And, then served time in the Federal Greybar motel, get elected Mayor again?

4. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Memphis in May World Championship of BBQ this weekend. Going downtown, visiting some buddies who are competitors, and getting hammered. One booth had an ice luge last year. Surprisingly, I have not received an invite to visit.

5. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That sounds awesome. I am headed to Kansas City a week from today and plan on gorging myself on brisket and ribs at Arthur Bryant's.

6. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: Weekend Drunk Thread, 5/17

Man I wish I could go, top notch BBQ comes outta that comp.

Think I'll do some chicken and ribs this weekend, been awhile since the smoker has been fired up.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I took a day off today for a four day May Two-Four Weekend. I am doing nothing but outside work on the house mixed with beer and pot.

Wow, the LCBO cancelled their strike at the eleventh hour. Shocker.

8. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

As a fellow American Rush, I expected you not to bring that up. We're supposed to laugh at OTHER countries and their goofy politicians. Right? It's in the Constitution, isn't it?

9. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

10. thabucmaster

thabucmaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does anyone else have a boss who cannot, for the life of them, spell? My boss called me earlier to let me know he was going out to lunch, and I just got an email from him to let me know that he was back.

Body of the email?

'I am hear.'

He fucks up simple sentences all the time, and it frustrates me to no end. Especially since a lot of the emails we send out are directly to our clients, and he makes us look incredibly unintelligent.

11. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yup and he does it all in caps with lots of !!!!!!.

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I have a cousin that competes there, don't know if he's in this year or not.

13. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a coworker who used to send completely unintelligible emails to customers. I copied one of the best ones:

"Also if you send a request is sent over the weekend, it will not receive an attention until Monday 7am. Other than the hours anytime there is an issue that needs immediate attention always call out 800#, which 1.800.123.4567"

14. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That reminds me of the "Engrish" we would find on the sides of toys made in Asia when I worked in a pharmacy/general store. My favorite was the singing doll that came out around Easter time, with the selling point "She play of your favorite Easter Parade"

15. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wish there were some excuse for her. I think I would have felt better if English were her second language. Or if she were like those Wal-Mart greeters who you know have fetal alcohol syndrome and got hired as part of an outreach program, but you still can't help but giggle a little when they twitch and slur out a nearly-incoherent "hewwo."

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah one of my project managers sends out email blast* for the studies we are doing with typos and grammatical errors galore. Reading them out loud makes my brain hurt. It is also a past time for Expats in China to spot and photograph the most hilariously wrong chinglish translations.

* I loathe this bullshit marketing jargon phrase.

17. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Our marketing princess* uses it all the time. I hate it, but not nearly as much as synergy.

*Prissy bitch

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Wanna know whats cheap? Two people with super rich families having a wedding with a cash bar, an iPod DJ, and no dinner (appetizers only). And Im supposed to bring a wedding gift? Fuck that, I dont even know these fucking people.

19. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't even know where to start. My supervisor asks me to "proof" his emails and I only correct about a third of the grammatical errors because he gets offended when I shit all over his stuff. About a year into the gig I told him that the big problem with his writing is a sentence needs a subject and a verb. That pissed him off to no end. Everything that ends with an s needs an apostrophe. I just gave up on it. He also says things like nobody likes to read and reading is so boring and takes so much time. If I want to piss him off, I'll ask vendors what they're reading and we'll talk about books and current events through lunch.

He also says some hilarious things to our vendors. We work in a very masculine field and people generally have their shit together. He once questioned a vendor why he was so persnickety about something with this lisp that sounded like it came from a Kids in the Hall monologue and we all pretty much had to choke back laughter. I can't even get started on his overall lack of industry knowledge.

20. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are you in Florida right now? Because we're having a wedding in our place tomorrow for 240-260 people that is almost exactly what you described. Appetizers only and the bar will be beer, house wine, and wells. Everything else is cash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.