Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Weekend Drunk Thread 2/26/10

Discussion in 'Weekly Drunk Threads' started by shegirl, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Chris Rock said it best.

"Hockey is like heroin. Only drug addicts do heroin. It's not like a recreational drug. Hockey is kind of the same way. Only hockey fans watch hockey."

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is still ten times more popular than soccer. Now there is a sport where I think people go out of there way not to watch in the US.

3. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watch the World Cup, but that's about it. I can't be bothered with the 90,000 European leagues, and I sure as shit am not watching the fucking New York Red Bulls.

Rugby needs to hurry up and take hold in the U.S. You'd think a population with such a predilection for wanton violence would have embraced it decades ago. Safer than football, more manly than soccer, and cheap to play. Cleats, a ball and a cup, and you're good to go.

4. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hell yes it does, Rugby is probably my favorite sport to watch. I think its lack of flashiness really hurts it in the US market. Lord knows we need complete idiots like Ochocinco and TO out there to keep the American masses entertained.

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got shit-housed last night. Like, hours of blackout drunk. And then I apparently did all the chores that I dislike. I seem to be doing that lately. Doing things I find odious when I'm in a state that I won't remember them. I cleaned the cat box, did laundry, made myself some dinner, and then did the dishes. I don't remember doing even then tiniest bit of it. Awesome.

Thanks, drunk me.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Just got back from downtown pandemoneum. I think I broke a personal record for the amount of high-fives thrown while driving a car.

This is entire country has lost its collective shit. 14 fucking gold medals, and Crosby iced the cake. WHAT A FUCKING GAME. Nobody could ask for anything better, USA had maybe their best team EVER, and deserved to win just as much.

NEVER IN MY LIFE. Vancouver is offically the cat's ass.

Is there anyone left on here who has any doubt that hockey is fucking awesome? There are even people on here that have gotten into curling (beats darts or cricket!).

7. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pff. Half the country spent the last two weeks riveted to their screens, watching pregnant women sweep floors and bump shiny rocks against other shiny rocks. I would hope rugby could make the cut.

8. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's a big difference between following two weeks of the Olympics and following a full season.

9. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My facetiousness aside, I think it'll do fine once we're more aggressive about it. If there's one thing I know about my people, it's that they'll like whatever they're told to like. The fact that it's not governed by the NCAA is criminal. Couple that with the scores of dumbass parents who think, "Der, it's football without them pads, ain't it? Don't sound too safe to me", and we're missing out on some awesome international competition. It's a damn shame.

10. satan rae

satan rae
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

hockey beers
    gold medals
    chocolate birthday cake!!

11. Forest Ranger

Forest Ranger
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Fuck yea canada! Americans can go wallow in their shit cuz its canadian beer and pride all night long.
    But in all seriousness....GO CANADA

12. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it weird that I feel cheated out of experiencing a natural disaster? I was pretty excited.

You feel me on this Carpenter?

13. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

14. Baxpin

Baxpin
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I can relate. I live in coastal NC, and I get that same feeling every time a Hurricane blows up. Obviously it would be less exiting and more like holyfuckingshitgetthefuckouttahere if we ever got major Cat 4-5 storms, but they usually weaken before hitting getting here. By the time they get to us, they're just strong enough to make you uneasy, but not enough to stop you from getting trashed and going outside to play.

15. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WHOO!!!!!1

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

courtesy of Canada:

#376 Crown Royal, Feb 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  17. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What about volcanoes? Or bad poi.

18. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's such a thing as good poi?

Well fuck me in the ass. I tried that shit in Maui, I mean legitimately tried, and it just tasted like if tofu had an abortion that was purple.

19. carpenter

carpenter
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I've got the disaster-readiness kit ready to go, ammo is stockpiled and beer in the icebox.

On that note, I'm just glad no one got hurt. Where did all the homeless living on the beach go? No one said a word about them the whole time.
    I just hope the next time something like this happens, people don't forget what could happen.
    And yeah Sam, it was kind of a let down.
    As far as poi goes, add a little sugar.

20. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I took a walk around the block to get something from the grocery store / take in the cheering, and man, the street was going nuts. Every car's horn was honking, and droves of cheering fans high fived up and down the block. I even ran up to someone in a car and high fived them.

And they say this city is boring and soulless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.