Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Weekend Drunk Thread 2/19/10

Discussion in 'Weekly Drunk Threads' started by Blue Dog, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy fucking weekend. Two birthdays at the same time and 14 hours of straight drinking.

2. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For any type of meet up to take place, you are going to need a damn fine organizer to set the wheels in motion. Does TiB have anybody like this? Plus out of all of the people who say that they are "in", I bet very few will actually make a firm committment. Either pure laziness, lack of funds, or don't want to ruin the online mystique and all. But I would love to see this actually take place, if for no other reason than the fact that such an event ill surely result in some good stories.

3. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey, crown royal made a comment about a Brazilian pimp and we all know how far that went.

If you guys had it where I lived, I'd be guaranteed to show up. Unless I had shit to do. Which, all things considered, is likely.

And another thing - this whole Niagara Falls idea is suspicious. We're going to have it at a hotel owned/managed/having financial ties to another board member. I call a conflict of interest.

4. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hear September up in Niagra falls is lovely. Although for the students (or parents of school age children) of the board, maybe better to move that back to august to work around class schedules.

5. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you are not going, I don't think you get to complain about where it is.

Edit : I wonder if the female members will continue to be barraged with requests to show their tits or if that type of behavior is reserved for the internet alone.

6. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Haha Niagara Falls is a good half hour away from where I live. Deal.

Also, fuck, my best friend Jason shows up for this weekend and I haven't been sober the whole time. I woke up this morning and he was waiting with a cracked Elephant, and now I'm drinking it and damnit I have shit I need to do

7. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sweet, if the lesbian chick is going, I am definitely in.

8. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Every time a woman walks into the room, cue 20 guys screaming "TITS OR GET THE FUCK OUT"

9. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If people are bitching about possible winter conditions then you should all come to where I live in Aus. Tropical conditions, winter is a distant memory.

As for the piss up, if I somehow found my way to northern hemisphere I'd be down for that.

10. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've also been there on repeated occasions. More often than not the Moose's testicles are spray-painted in neon colours.

11. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dear Hoegaarden:

You guys need to lay off your own stuff when you're packaging products together. I was pleased to see that you guys are selling a combo pack of beer and one of your trademarked glasses. I like getting more beer glasses. I like it even better when the beer glasses match the size of the bottle you're selling.

What possible use do I have for a beer glass marked at 250 mL when your bottles hold 330 mL of beer? Christ. Even the wife-beaters over at Stella Artois managed to get it right.

Sincerely

Sir G. Astronaut, OBE

12. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The gym, followed by cutting down several trees, followed by scotch, followed by beer = a damn good Sunday.

13. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Watching Appaloosa-I'm a sucker for westerns and Viggo Mortenson.

14. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Niagara Falls is 372 miles from my home. But if I hear you folks are congregating there, I'm buying a ticket to anywhere in Europe.

15. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Went bar golfing last night. You go to 9 bars and chug a beer at each one, least amount of chugs wins. I blacked out at 11pm, fingered some random chick on the dance floor, fought my buddy with a foam-covered baseball bat, got kicked out of a night club etc etc
    I'm still wearing my golfing clothes. At this point I'm hoping that the chick was at least somewhat good looking.

16. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

HOW FUCKING DARE YOU NAME CALL. STELLA IS FANTASTICAMAZINGAWESOMENESS.

17. travis

travis
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Been sick for the last 4 or 5 days. Trying to destroy the illness with a steady diet of rum and Fat Tire. Doesn't seem to be working. Yet.

Got no plans today, except for watching some basketball, watching the US-Canada hockey game in a few hours, and finishing my bottle of rum. I'm sure tomorrow I'll feel much better.

18. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Look, I'll drink Stella. It's not bad at all. But I'll be goddamned if I buy into this whole super-premium, there's-only-one-way-to-drink-a-Stella bullshit. The fact that they made a commercial where some ponce in a tuxedo and white gloves pours a pint and then swipes the foam with a gold-plated knife doesn't change the fact that it's brewed by InBev. It's a fucking mid-range beer. Sell it like a fucking mid-range beer.

19. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A guy I know was travelling through (I think) Holland and encountered a bartender who did what that ponce did; poured it so that 1/3 of the glass was beer, 2/3rds was foam, and used a flat blade to scrape off the foam from the top. I believe his words to the bartender were, "If you don't learn how to pour beer properly, I'm going to have to kill you."

Maybe I was being too subtle. "Wife beater" is what they call Stella over in Europe, because of the people who drink it. Also, I wish they'd stop selling it in a green bottle, because it makes it go all skunky.

20. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What pisses me off is that it's the same shit that Sidney Frank pulled with Grey Goose. He took a vodka that wasn't markedly better than its comparators, and packaged it as a super-premium product. InBev took a blue-collar beer and invented a meaningless pouring ritual that implies some magical quality that other (better) beers somehow lack. All so tasteless American ponces could brag to other tasteless American ponces about the superiority of their shitty, poncey European drinks.

Meanwhile, if we had half a fucking brain, we'd know that Stella is on par with Budweiser in the UK, and that Russian Standard (at $20 a liter) kicks the shit out of the majority of top-shelf vodkas offered in any given bar in this country.

But no, we're way more concerned with our beer coming in gold-rimmed chalices and our vodka occupying it's own monogrammed shelf behind the bar.

Retarded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.