Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Weekend Drunk Thread 2/19/10

Discussion in 'Weekly Drunk Threads' started by Blue Dog, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

I think my body gave up on me after Mardi Gras. I'm sick as a dog.

But I have liquid codeine left over from the last time I was sick. Yay.

I'll probably be back to play as soon as I start seeing little unicorns dressed like IRS agents.

2. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

PUN!

I'm about to start the weekend off. Heading over to "The Local" for some cocktails in a couple, and The Local the #1 seller/purchaser of Jameson in the world for three years in a row. As you can imagine, this always turns out well. So much for not doing a lot tonight. The good thing - Target Corporation (as in target stores) HQ is located across the street from said pub. Target employs more gorgeous mid-twenties women than you can imagine, and this place is generally flooded with them on Fridays after 4 pm.

3. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have to work tomorrow, starting at 6:30AM so I won't be partaking of any alcohol tonight.

This sucks because I'd love to curl up in front of the fireplace and drink a bottle of wine.

4. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll be making a pork roast tonight. Oh, and cleaning, because I now have garbage bags again. Fun times.

In other news; last Sunday's wedding went spectacularly. Drank high end scotch, all night long. I don't know who invented the idea of open bars at weddings, but they deserve endless sexual favours from whichever gender they prefer to get their favours from.

Serious question: why is it that men and women curl separately at the Olympics? I mean, you would think this is one event where it truly doesn't matter. For comparison, men and women compete together in equestrian and other sports. I was pondering this while watching women's curling, and it struck me: the men were, on the whole, much better than the women were. If anyone saw the women's Canada vs. Germany game, it was like watching little kids play - throw one stone, knock it out, and repeat until someone makes a mistake. The men's Canada vs. Germany was a whole different story.

5. Ogee

Ogee
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Whats wrong with how an IRS agent dresses?

Yeah, I've been at it awhile. And I'm roasted, too.

Good Friday.

6. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm tempted to share my roadrash with ya'll. Hooray Flexiril, Dilaudid and whatever the hell else I'm on!

7. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The annual Barstool Open is tomorrow. All the local downtown bars design a putt-putt hole for their bar and you get a team (costumes optional) and walk around and play putt-putt golf inside the bars. I don't actually participate in the golfing, just the drinking. Did the golf thing one year and you end up waiting for hours at one bar just to putt. Me and my buddy are trying to make it to all the bars this year, last year we made it to 17 of the 18. Problem is they are spread out pretty far over the 3 courses and a lot of them close at 4 (the thing runs from noon-4) to clean up. I do know we are ending at the hole that's at the strip club.

The plan is to take it easy tonight so I'm ready to go tomorrow, but I know I'll end up getting shit faced and wake up tomorrow at 10 with a bitchin hangover and head downtown to cure it with more booze.

8. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am determined to have a relaxed couple days at home this weekend, especially after the past two weekend of staying up till 6 am getting completely shithoused both nights. My plan is to maybe have a few beers tonight, watch a movie maybe. Tomorrow I plan to not leave the house and spend a day in my pajamas with my xbox. I know how lame that sounds, but like I said I could use an off weekend.

Of course, I live with three other people who like to drink just as much as I do, and they are already planning on heading over to a couple of the better bars in the area that we don't hit that often. We'll see what happens.

9. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just moved, and the local bar is awesome. Hot bartender, cheap ass drinks. But then I discovered their happy hour. $2.50 a drink. Well drinks, and 3 of their beers on tap.

I am going to get fucked up tonight.

10. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since when did "roadrash" become code for "boobs?" Geez, you kids and your slang talk...

11. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I plan on getting shitty tonight, because tomorrow I'm changing my oil and driving up to Mass. with my girlfriend so we can sit around with her family and wait for her grandfather to die*.

*His organs are shutting down and he's been read his last rites. For his sake, I hope he goes peacefully in his sleep. He's a good guy.

12. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love shit like that. There is a local restaurant that does a beer fest twice a year that is basically a drinking game competition that involves a flip cup, quarters, beer pong, empty keg shell toss, and a relay race. Its a shit ton of fun and when we did it last year we were tanked by 4 pm.

I also heard about an event here that raises money for some cancer charity, but instead of a marathon or some lame shit like that, its a pub crawl. $20 a person and your team of 4 goes from bar to bar, getting 2 pitchers at each one. I am definitely not missing out on that one this time around.

13. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Tonight I have a co-workers going away party, which will more than likely spiral out of control. Tomorrow there is a surprise 30th birthday party for a friend. That might sound like it will be another out of control night but he thinks if he has one drink he will become an alcoholic so it might not be completely out of control. I think i'll still get fucked up and embarrass myself though.

14. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Quote of the night from the father of the bride, on being asked why he was spending his whole night at the bar:

"Do you have any idea how much I'm paying for this place? I don't want to remember it."

Garlic/black pepper puree is done. Now time to coat up that mysterious hog part.

15. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How fucking sexy was that Russian women's curling team? Holy shit. Greatest winter sport ever.

Also, I'm drinking PBR this weekend. I miss my Busch Light. Been home for an hour and I'm on #6.

16. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm sore as hell from skiing yesterday so I may crack open a beer soon. And tomorrow is some dinner with the girlfriend's entire family for her grandparents anniversary or some shit like that. I plan on ordering many drinks on their dime. Hopefully scotch.

17. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Tonight I'll be having a quiet night in with the girl when she gets off work. I have a rugby match tomorrow afternoon with some playoff implications on the line, but tomorrow night is a completely different story. After the social it's theme night for my team and we're debating between anything but clothes night or guido night. Either way it's a guaranteed fight with the Army guys downtown. Awesome.

18. DrinksOnTheHouse

DrinksOnTheHouse
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

At the airport with a flight delayed for over an hour. Meaning there is a storm in San Diego. So much for the beach. However, now I will have to drink copiously before the flight and then happy hour once I land. And it looks like a job offer will be in hand either by the time I land or first thing Monday. Yay (I think).

19. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

AHHHHHHHH!!! So much ick. It looks like you have that flesh eating disease. GROSS!

Happy Hour in an hour. Salty Dog is my newest drink of choice.

20. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm going to mix it up tonight and put agave in my green tea instead of honey. I know. Contain yourselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.