Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Weekend Drunk Thread 12-4-09

Discussion in 'Weekly Drunk Threads' started by Blue Dog, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Its supposed to snow here tomorrow. thats right- fucking snow. this is awesome! i came to the woods to see it because thats where all my whiskey is! if there is one thing i know, its that you cant have snow without whiskey. imma get drunk and play in it so hard!

2. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Re: Weekend Drunk Thread 11-5-09

Covering a boxing card in San Jose tonight, after I type up my story I am heading out to the bars with a couple friends that are going to the fights as well. San Jose has a pretty decent downtown, so hopefully this ends in some strange Punjabi. I didn't know how to spell punani and the automated spell-check picked Punjabi as #1, so I'm sticking with it.

Plan on sticking with a ton of beer tonight as well. Woot!

3. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Re: Weekend Drunk Thread 11-4-09

I've been taking it easy on the booze since I got back from my Vegas trip. I made it a whole week. Now I'm going to a charity poker tourney tonight with Open Bar, and a big Hip-Hop show tomorrow night (Go!Machine, for those of you in Seattle. Get there!), and there is zero percent chance of me making it through the weekend without getting hammered. And I'm ok with that.

4. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've noticed that the weekend has become less about being social and having fun, and much more about maintaining a constant state of disconnection from reality for 48 straight hours, regardless of whose company I'm in.

When people ask me what I did on a given weekend, my mouth will say "I did X with Y, but then Z got all wet, so we all had to go to bed." But I'm really thinking, "I drooled scotch on myself, went someplace with whatshisfuckingface and whoeverthefucksheis, all while stuffing the looming dread of the joyraping shitpit that is my job deep, deep down inside, like so many dirty socks in a laundry hamper."

I think if I didn't do this, I'd be drawing herds of migrating water buffalo on a psych ward wall with my shit within a month.

5. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck. I have to work all weekend. And there is no water here thanks to the water company. So fuck. Although I am getting used to pissing in the bathtub.

6. Dynamite Harry

Dynamite Harry
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Just getting ready to format and submit the annual Christmas card to Walgreen's, after which I'll start throwing down beers and lurking around here while chatting with some friends on Skype.

Just call me Mr. Excitement.

7. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My buddy just finished AIT (Honor Grad from BCT - I really dont know what that means) at Fort Jackson and will be back tonight at 10 pm CST. We're going to go pick him up at the airport and show him a good time. You know his parents are awesome when they told us to pick him up and take him out for a night on the town; and of course that they will see him tomorrow.

Let the festivities begin. I have a feeling it will be a shit show.

8. TPapp

TPapp
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I actually have the whole weekend off so it's drinking and video games with the buds tonight, get up early so I can test ride a few bikes at the Cycle World motorcycle show in Long Beach, Sat. night goin out with the misses and probably will drink, then wake up Sunday and go back to the bike show.

9. tellkyle

tellkyle
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

What would you say the approximate amount of piss already in the bathtub is? Are you going to do some NASA like thing to re-filter it later?

10. tellkyle

tellkyle
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Its like I hit the trifecta this weekend, without even having to go to the racetrack. Sorry if this shows up as a double post, they are entirely different subjects.

11. kendziek

kendziek
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I've extrapolated this behavior out into the week, much to the dismay of my wallet and my homework. Engineering school will put a serious hurting on a man's spirit, and for me, the best remedy rhymes with turban and starts with a "B".

I'm about finished with working through 6 or 7 winter warmer brews from New Glarus (Snowshoe Ale) and Point (St. Benedicts Winter Ale), and I may try and polish off a glass of bourbon before I have to go into work tonight. Considering that I work as a bouncer at a bar in downtown Milwaukee, this will not be out of the norm to show up to work buzzed.

Normally, I don't like to drink too much before I work, but it's fucking cold as shit outside and there's not going to be much to do. Any help I can get to make time go by a bit faster at work is appreciated. On the plus side, I'll probably get sent home early if it's slow. I'd almost rather be poor than grind through a bullshit night of work.

Rinse and Repeat for tomorrow

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Tomorrow night, I'll be D.J'ing my company's Christmas party. There's a small sense of self-satisfaction knowing I'll be the only one being paid to be there.

Personally, I LIKE the office Christmas hob-nobs. With all of the countless phonies who put on their phony mask every day at work, this is the one night of the year when the booze hits the lips and the true colours come out. Shit always happens at these things no matter where you're from. Don't you remember that time your boss Xeroxed his taint while his temp was working the shaft?

13. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's snowed about eight or nine inches since this morning. It's quite unlikely my car will be capable of leaving my house, so it'll be a beer run and that's all folks.

14. MTW

MTW
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Damn, I didn't think I'd be the first to point out that the thread title is for last month. I must be too sober, just cracked open a Long Trail Winter White 22oz.

15. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Fuck. Busted out (twice, I rebought once) in less than an hour. Now, there's nothing for me to do except hit the bigass bottle of Crown Royal and watch South Park. Life is good.

16. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Happy birthday to me. I went to a local brewery and had seven different kinds of beer.

And delicious, delicious calamari.

17. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A Bomber of Southern Tier's imperial red (the exact name escapes me at the moment) was about 9%. a bottle of Dogfish Head Burton Baton (50% oak aged ipa, 50% regular ipa = 100% delicious) was 10%, and just finishing a bottle of Founders Old Curmudgeon, an oak barrel aged ale, really malty with an assload of molasses for this really unconventional yet conventional taste, 9.8%. The molasses is very evident in the nose and the taste, but it's not sweet at all, it's brilliant really. Founders always does GREAT barrel aging stuff. I forget if the name is Old Bastard or Dirty Bastard, but they do a Bourbon Barrel aged brew that is truly like drinking bourbon. It smells and tastes like Kentucky herself.

I also took half an oxy since my back is fucking KILLING me. But this sort of drunk I achieve is mellowed when I take a painkiller, you know? Rather than feeling drunk and stupid I feel introspect but happy. Usually introspection shoots me in the foot. I'm 26 years old. I'm on my third job since leaving college and have developed an alarming trend of liking jobs at first but quickly starting to hate them, I'm still paying off my stupid car, I live with a relative instead of having my own place, etc, etc. But when i'm drunk and numb, I can really look on the bright side. My salary has increased considerably with each job and I'm not making 11 grand more than I was 2 years ago. I should be getting a raise in the near future since that's how the company works. My job has turned sucky since they changed my role but it's still the best job I've ever had.

Calamari is fucking heinous. What brewery?
    I may be rambling. I can't wait til tomorrow. Rutgers v West Virginia at noon, up to my girls place after that, then going out at night, having a few beers and being happy.

18. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was the Mill Street Brewery Brewpub, and I will not hear such casual talk of the crunchy, chewy (but not too chewy) breaded greasy deliciousness that is deep fried squid.

Actually, something else: my girlfriend paid for the whole thing. Free beer!

19. uzisuicide

uzisuicide
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This weekend, I am Will Ferrell's character from Old School before the divorce, while they were in counseling. Lovely. I am drunk. She is sleeping.

That is all.

20. Tuesday

Tuesday
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

fuck.

played COD while drinking jack til my K/D slipped to something embarrasing. Now moping around online listening to country songs about drinking and heartbreak.

...yep, girl problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.