Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Weekend Drunk Thread 1/29/10

Discussion in 'All-Star Threads' started by Blue Dog, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One week before an entire week in Mexico, I am tanned and ready. And currently quite buzzed. And ya'll are all sorts of boring..

2. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Joe's first time drinking alone status report: AWESOME.

Oh sure, you "social" people might be getting laid/working on getting laid, but can you get 426,238 on Beast and the Harlot on Guitar Hero 2 expert? That's what I thought.

...God I hope my friends show up soon. I DO have friends, honest.

EDIT: Just read PIMPTRESS' post about us being boring. I'll try to break 500k to liven things up.

3. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll own that, I am boring. Was going to meet some friends out, but by the time they were ready I was already loving my couch, my pajamas, my bottle of wine. It is snowy and cold out. Nothing wrong with being right here.

4. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Had a shitty night at work then went to my grandma's for my cousin's birthday party. Of course, because of the weather, my cousin couldn't even make it so I guess it was just dinner. It was damn good dinner though, fried chicken and mashed potatoes.

Now, I'm home sitting in the warmth of the wood stove drinking a beer and getting ready to watch the series finale of Dollhouse on the DVR. There's nothing wrong with drinking alone.

5. Jubes2681

Jubes2681
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

And thanks so much for putting that into my head.

I'm currently enjoying some ice cold Svedka and diet Sprite with a splash of Fresca. I'm telling you, Fresca makes all the difference in the world.

On a happy note, I was told by my major professor this week that this is my final semester of work for my Ph.D. in microbiology. It's been 7 long years (thanks to a change in labs in my 3rd year), but God damn, was I excited to actually hear her say the words that I was thinking all winter break. Time to start looking for a "big girl" job and get out of school!

6. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Myself and two buddies, a bunch of beer, and now a bottle of Jameson's Rarest Vintage + scourring youtube for all the songs we loved way back when from Rancid, Pennywise and Me First & The Gimme Gimmes, MXPX...

However we've moved on to drunk facebooking which is dangerous.

7. Jubes2681

Jubes2681
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Drunken facebooking is why I refuse to accept the friend request my mother insists on sending me despite my telling her I will never accept her as my facebook friend.

8. Dynamite Harry

Dynamite Harry
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Been drinking for a few hours now and checking out the board, but I just finished recording my every other week "nerdy writer" podcast, and it's smooth sailing* from here on out.

*Really smooth sailing. I don't know what I'm going to do the rest of the weekend. Too cold to work out in the garage.

9. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am facebook friends with me mother and I would like to share her most recent update status with you. Ahem

"If you believe your Daughter(s) are amongst God's greatest blessings on the face of this earth, copy and paste this as your status and give them a hug!"

Not that I am trying to warn you or anything, personally I think my mom is great, if not a wee bit sappy.

10. Dynamite Harry

Dynamite Harry
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I think there was a brother/sister one going on earlier in the week.

11. Jubes2681

Jubes2681
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Oh, my mother is completely insane, so I'm sure my drunk postings would end with an intervention of some sort. And, of course, she would post all of the sappy things, too, and I am all set with those. I get enough email forwards from her about the sappy "mothers and daughters are best friends" crapola to last me a life time.

But hey, if you're mom can handle the drunk posts (or if you can actually refrain from them, which I certainly cannot), there's no reason to not friend parents. I, for one, am waiting for my dad to join facebook. It's only a matter of time since my step-mother* joined and he enjoys reading the family posts.

*And yes, I realize it's hypocritical to friend my step-mother and not my mother, but hell, my step-mother is cool shit and my mom is batshit crazy.

12. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My mom commented on my Facebook status. Awkward? A little. More awkward? My girlfriend responded. They haven't met. They now have a running conversation.

13. Jubes2681

Jubes2681
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

...Ouch.

14. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Drunk facebooking? Man. If there ever was a reason why I'm glad to not have a smartphone, it's facebook mobile.

In related news, I did leave some fairly forward messages on a few people's status updates. They were asking for it.

15. Beer Me

Beer Me
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Certainly ouch.. last time I saw something like that happen, it didn't end well. The girlfriend was batshiat crazy anyways. Hooray for beer! Boo to batshiat crazy ex girlfriends

16. Pap

Pap
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I once had a status of how awesome Mighty Ducks was. My dad who(m?) I am facebook friends with called me out on my man crush for Charlie. He won that round.

In other drunken news, I sat at home, played some mw2, talked to some family online, and got drunk with the help of my friends captain and coke.

17. Beer Me

Beer Me
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Aside from Trailer Park Boys, what's a good TV series to get shitfaced to?

18. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hooray for wine and cheese and baguette and salami and fire in the fireplace. And and and. I think my cheeks are very pink right now.

19. Dynamite Harry

Dynamite Harry
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

It's Always Sunny... , Better Off Ted, Eastbound and Down.

20. cllrbone11

cllrbone11
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Ay dios mio estoy baracho. I have the hiccups muy mal. No puedo pensar bien. Creo que mi novia va a come by in a bit pero quien sabe con los mujeres. Me odio esta escuela maldito, but at the same time I love it. Dios mio. I am hammered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.