Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Weekend Drunk Thread 1/29/10

Discussion in 'All-Star Threads' started by Blue Dog, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because Joe Jackson and the rest of the Jackson clan probably look at them and see dollar signs. They are probably getting singing and dancing lessons and will be getting some PR training so they gain some confidence in front of crowds. And there is just NO way those kids are biologically MJ's so they may just be shit out of luck as to whether they have any god given talent. But judging by Taylor Swift, talent is not really necessary to sell a shitload of albums.

2. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fucking Taylor Swift.

In commenting on JD Salinger's death, Christopher Hitchens commented that the ability to have insight into the minds of children and youths is a mark of genius, and though I've never read Catcher in the Rye, Salinger has earned a lot of respect for his ability to have truly deep insights into the minds of young people; Kurt Vonnegut may have been another.

But Taylor Swift? Holy shit. She's 19 or 20 years old and still singing songs about football players that broke her heart when she was still too young and stupid to have any semblance of self-awareness about what love might be. High school became a completely blur for me when I was 17 and had moved into residence; at 19 I really didn't give a shit about it anymore. What kind of miserable human being continues to write and sing songs about an age that I associate mostly with embarassment over how ridiculously fucking stupid I acted?

EDIT: I also saw an interview of her denying rumours of being pregnant in a very dramatic and serious manner. "You know, you try to be a good role model and make good decisions and people still make up rumours about you that are untrue, and impossible... and... impossible..." There's a good role model for you - someone conflating virginity with good behaviour. That's exactly what everyone needs.

3. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why do you care? Taylor Swift is just another fake artist that is propped up, auto-tuned and mass produced. If she doesn't "write" songs about broken hearts at the age of 15, some other white girl will and 50 million suburbanite North Americans will eat that shit up.

4. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just because 50 million people are going to eat shit regardless of whose asshole it comes from doesn't mean I can't point out that they're still eating shit.

Why do I care? I don't know. Why does anyone care about anything? You gotta have something to bitch about, and better Taylor Swift than anything of consequence. That'd be boring as hell.

5. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because some of the people who were up for the same awards as her and were performing on the same stage as her actually have some talent. Like I said before, this is not typically music that I would listen to on a daily basis, but it is interesting to see the performances and she just stank up the stage because she can't sing. And they are giving out awards for musical ability. I'll just have as much outrage as I can muster on a Sunday night.

Edit - because fuck she won.

2nd edit - I also wish she would brush her fucking hair.

6. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    I think in a Velociraptor lookalike contest Steven Tyler takes the prize.

7. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Clever girl...

Attached Files:

8. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it me or is Armageddon the most melodramatic movie of all time? This music video is all kinds of awesome/tacky though.

Much better song, turn up the volume!

I'm fucking buzzed, for the record.

#308 Supertramp, Feb 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  9. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If this is a conversation about Aerosmith (and I'm not quite sure it is), things don't get much better than this.

I might also be buzzed

#309 jets22, Feb 1, 2010
  10. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been sipping my bottle of Black Label (it was on sale...) and watching the altogether hilarious Johnnie Walker tasting videos. Is the douchey bearded American worse than the overly aggressive wrinkled and tousle-haired Scot? I really don't know.

11. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've since moved onto Springsteen (Baby we're born to ruuuuuuuun), Eminem (Sing for the moment has Joe Perry in it) and now I present to you the best live version of Sunday Bloody Sunday ever.

Oh and this is the best hockey fight ever, with the best backing music.

#311 Supertramp, Feb 1, 2010
  12. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ah yes, it's always a blast watching Bono prance around the stage like a fucking fairy.

Puke.

That hockey fight was fucking awesome though. That's why hockey is awesome. Do that shit in football you'd get fucking suspended for a month.

#312 Sam N, Feb 1, 2010
  13. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wrong. This is the greatest hockey fight ever. The game was ended in just 3 minutes 39 seconds due to neither team having enough eligible players after the fights. Over 600 penalty minutes. Awesome.

#313 konatown, Feb 1, 2010
  14. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Season 5 of Always Sunny was one of the funniest collections of shows I've ever seen.

Especially the DENNIS system.

Girl - This pizza is good.
    Dennis - You're the one that's good

Been meaning to use that one for awhile now.

15. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    You see? This is why hockey is the greatest sport ever. I love how the crowd goes nuts every time.

#315 Allord, Feb 1, 2010
  16. Pap

Pap
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'm not sure why I started drinking tonight, but I did. Most likely because I was bored as shit. I'm not sure that is a good sign.

Have you ever had Popchips! ? They are good and a somewhat more healthy junk/high food.
    http://www.popchips.com/

Why is there only a weekend drunk thread? Where is the week drunk thread?

17. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

'Cause.

And that wraps it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.