Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

WEEKEND DRUNK THREAD 1/15/10

Discussion in 'Weekly Drunk Threads' started by Blue Dog, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got sick again, which means last night at my friend's going away party (he leaves for Iraq Wed) I couldn't get hammered with him. I basically just nursed a shot for an hour.

Fuck you germs.

I have a feeling that this is because I stopped drinking. I used to drink so much it was impossible for anything to live in my system. Now there is nothing to protect me.

2. nickygonzo

nickygonzo
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

The other night I hung out with a guy who only speaks Spanish. I can speak a little Spanish from high school, but by no means am I good at it... Not that it matters because I'm pretty sure I was confused and speaking to him in Chinese most of the night.

As for today, it's about 9am here on the west coast, and I just cracked my first PBR. Tonight I'm going to a bar affectionately known as "the hodeo." Mechanical bulls are tight.

3. Bob Trousers

Bob Trousers
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I just went to buy beer, and finally relented.

The supermarket I use has it's own range of 'basics'-popular items that they produce their own versions of for as cheap as they can. For years I've stared at their 'basics beer'-4 x 440ml cans for 99p (that's about a dollar-sixty in US).

I bought 4 on top of my usual purchase, and have just tasted my first one. To be honest, it just tastes like a regular beer that has been left open for an hour-not quite fizzy, not quite flat. It's only 2% though, so I think this shall be a one off.

Rack 'n' ruin people.

4. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm pretty sure I just saw my girlfriend's roommate naked. She doesn't know.

The excitement never stops round these parts.

5. Spoz

Spoz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

deleted post because I am a drunk retard

6. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I saw a kid in a Master Chief helmet steal a cop car last night. He peeled out backwards at about 30 mph past John Kerry's house, with a metro cop car in hot pursuit.

This might be an interesting year.

7. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

New Orleans for the three day weekend. Stories will be posted upon return.

8. Bob Trousers

Bob Trousers
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I shouldn't watch Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. It makes me angry, and my spazztastic nerdiness rises up inside me like bile.

On the other hand, it has Shirley Manson, so I'm conflicted. Guess I'll just have to settle for hate induced wanking.

9. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who knew a penis could be too big?

10. Bob Trousers

Bob Trousers
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Not I. I don't care-everything's getting smaller and more compact nowadays, so I just consider mine to be fashionable.

11. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Careful. Aetius has some sort of .gif or .jpg that's been waiting for something like this.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Well, I have no problem drinking an entire bottle in a sitting. I'm a little buzzed after it, but not that bad.

Really, though, it depends. Most weeks 1, other weeks 4-8 (like when friends come over for dinner and we get fucking hammered, especially since they bring their own wine as well). I also bring wine as gifts to other people when going for dinner, etc. Every Friday at work we have a "beer and cake" thing, and they serve shit beer, and have a few shit bottles of wine. I bring a couple bottles of NICE wine to share with my friends.

Not all of the wine is awesome wine... probably about 1/3 of it I bought and use for cooking. (I love to cook). It's still good, but not stellar. (I generally never cook with wine I wouldn't drink, and unfortunately I just can't stand most house wines any more).

Living in BC, probably 1/2 of my wine is somewhat local, and every couple of years a few friends of mine and I go on a wine tasting tour to specifically re-stock our supplies. Last time we went, I ended up coming back with 18 cases of wine. Some good to drink right now, others that will sit for 3-5 years. Some no-name, no-distribution wineries up here make some surprisingly astounding, award-winning wines, but they have limited production, and sell out of their garage/house. You can get these bottles for $15-$25, and they rival some of the really good $60-$80 bottles from California.

The other half of my wine is somewhat expensive wine that I really enjoy. My (now ex) brother-in-law is a sommelier, and runs a local wine bar in Vancouver here, and always calls me and says "they just put X out on the floor at the specialty liquor store... you'd really like it". I then go and generally buy a case, or if it's a known wine and in short supply, more. In 2004 I bought 8 cases of E&E Black Pepper for $35 a bottle, and people thought I was nuts. You can't get that vintage any more, and the lesser vintages are going for $200 or so in restaurants, which means they're about $100 in stores, again, if they have them.

It's always good to show up to dinner with a hugely expensive bottle of wine that I actually picked up for $35 when it first came out.

I'm also a huge Australian wine fan... Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, etc. It's expensive in Canada, but i like and buy a lot of it. Same goes for some California wines. And Chilean wines.

So yeah, I buy good wines as "futures", which end up being way, way cheaper, and means I get to drink more, better wine.

I don't drink much beer at all, am not a fan of shots or stuff in bars (G&T or Crown & Gingers, usually), but I enjoy drinking wine.

I guess you could say my tastes have changed since I was a kid making no cash, and now that I have learned to appreciate nice wines, and can afford them, they're my choice.

13. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mm. Quite. I'd say more, but I have 3 bottles of wine in my booze cupboard, one of which is champagne, one of which costs $8 (Fuzion, the king of shit college wines) and one hopefully decent wine from Chile that's been "aging" for over a year now. Ideally, the booze emporium would start selling more half-bottles of sangiovese. Not necessarily chianti. I like sangiovese.

In unrelated news, I've been acting very silly towards my girlfriend's roommate, who has been moving in and out of her room wearing a towel (headlights flashing). She thinks I am acting this way because I missed my chance to see her naked, and also says she'd be traumatized if I saw her naked. This is a fun way to spend an afternoon. I should also add that although she has a sense of humour and isn't your typical buttoned down and repressed Asian girl, she had serious misconceptions about what testicles looked like in anatomy, hasn't ever had a boyfriend and first saw a penis "in person" when it was dead and sliced up in the anatomy museum. Fun times.

14. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The keys are right beside each other, everyone makes the mistake.

15. swood

swood
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Just because I feel like sharing:

[​IMG]

16. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

See? This is why we can't have nice things.

17. Bebe

Bebe
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

A friend just brought me several bottles of Skittles vodka. I feel like a desperate 12 year old drinking this shit. I'm not going to lie though, it's really fucking good.

If the clerk at the liquor store greets you by name, does it mean that you have a drinking problem, or that he is a damn fine business man?

18. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As I am ill, no boozing and such.

I had an interesting experience last night. I chugged a bit of Nyquil to aid in sleeping. I haven't taken any in at least a year, I can't really recall when. I go to bed and fall into dreamless slumber.

At 2 a.m., I wake up to go to the bathroom. I am tripping. The room was a kaleidoscope of swirling greens, blues and purples. I had a difficult time getting to my bathroom due to the intense vertigo I felt.

Fuck Nyquil.

Anyone else have this experience?

19. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anticholinergics can be hallucinogens at high doses. Wikipedia tells me doxylamine, an antihistamine, is a potent anti-cholinergic agent.

This is why you can trip out on benadryl, gravol, scopolamine patches, and nutmeg. Though strictly speaking, hallucinating on anti-cholinergics generally means you've taken a dangerous amount. Or maybe you're just more sensitive to that effect than others.

20. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I took the recommended dosage. I must be a delicate flower. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.