Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Weekend Drunk Thread 1/14/10- Wait, FUCK- 11! GODDAMN IT!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

I swear, if there is one thing I really hate about the New Year every year, besides it meaning the end of the holiday season and the end of my favorite time of year and the end of the small vacation time and the long stretch before any significant holidays and (when I was younger) the starting back of school and the end of college football and the very-near end of all football and the general feeling of time flowing too fast to keep up with and the lament of getting older...

Wait where was I? Oh yeah- the thing I REALLY hate about starting the new year every year is that it normally takes me 'til around August to get used to writing the '11 when writing dates. FUCK, this aggravate the piss out of me. And I work in an industry where I am dating signature forms CONSTANTLY, yet I still fuck up the date portion of most of them until about March or so, but it still doesn't feel right. I always write "1/14/10", and then have to either use white-out (fuck white-out. Seriously) or throw the page away and go print a new one. I'm all for saying "Eff You" to the Global Warming crowd by wasting as much paper as possible, but this is getting ridiculous. And just when I was really getting used to writing '10 (and to be honest, the past year never even really had a chance to take hold and form a real lasting bond with me... I still weep for my buddy '09), now I have to switch to this new cocksucker- '11. What a fucknoodle of a year.

With that being said- yaaaaay New Year yaaaaaay! I got to get drunk last night on Margaritas while The Wife™ and my mom organized my entire wedding photo album. I plan on doing the same tonight while we write Thank You notes to people who gave us presents. We tried to start that project last weekend, with her writing because she has pretty handwriting and me dictating because I'm a drunk and have handwriting like Helen Keller with Parkinsons, but she called it off when my last one went like this:

"Thank you to.... Aunt Jenni and Uncle Jack... For the coming to our wedding and for giving us the lovely present which is a cutting board. I'm sure to get a lot of use out of this, because my brother said it would make a badass shield, and I like being shielded from stuff.

Don't try to throw anything at me. Seriously. 'Cause I'll fucking block it."

I hope I can be as poetic tonight.

So lets kick this new shitty year off with a bang, nice and early!

2. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

I'm seriously starting to lose my fucking mind. Or at least my ability to make good decisions. Fucking grah. 6 weeks of insomnia and things seeming right within my grasp before they fall through - fuck. It's not good.

3. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know what I hate? People who write dates as mm/dd/yy when it should be in dd/mm/yy format.

Get with the program, sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

In other news, I got in a yelling match with my boss yesterday during a meeting. Doubt it's going too do anything good; one nice thing is the whole crew sided with me, so, I know I'm not off my rocker.

4. Nothingdoing

Nothingdoing
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

You know what I hate?

Girls who cancel dates 30 minutes before they are meant to meet you. Seriously fuck that shit.

I am so getting drunk tonight.

5. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm still on vacation and I'm loving it. It's snowing out, I have nowhere to be and I just had an awesome sweet roll. I was going to have some coffee with some baileys in it, but there is no fresh coffee, and I don't know how to work the maker. Oh well.

Staying with The Girlfriends parents has been pretty nice actually. They have happy hour at the house everyday at 5, how great is that? Of course that means I fit right in. Being friday here dad doesn't work tomorrow so I figure we will probably be doing some drinking tonight.

6. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well good thing the crew sided with you. Maybe they can collectively pay your salary.

7. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Well, MY day just went to poo poo.

The wife and I have lately been weighing the possibility of finding another home for Tex. Basically, it boils down to the fact that once the baby comes, we won't be able to devote the time and care to him that he deserves. My house is pretty small to keep him cooped up in, and I can't stand the thought of him being one of those dogs that is doomed to a life of being stuck in the backyard.

I recently spoke about this with my wife's (much) older brother, and he provided a solution. He lives on a really nice big place out in the country, with large fields and a pond for Tex to play in. He also has had yellow labs all of his life until about 2 years ago, when his last one died and he was too sad to get another. So he has agreed to adopt Tex, and he is coming to pick him up this afternoon.

I'm going to go home around noon, give Tex a bath, and love on him until he comes to pick him up. It's not all sad, because he doesn't live far away and I can (and will) visit whenever, and he is going to be better taken care of than if I were to keep him, but still...

Here is the last pic I took of Tex. He could hear us talking about finding him a new home. I think he could tell.

[​IMG]

If I wasn't getting drunk tonight before, I sure as hell am now.

8. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dear rest of world,

Fuck your date notations, fuck your metric systems, fuck your national healthcare plans and FUCK YOU.

Love,
    The USA, esq.

9. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mmm, Bailey's in my coffee. I feel like a grumpy old man.

10. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just counting the fucking minutes...

Attached Files:

11. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Oh my fuck, is this good. I'm on my second cup of drip-brew, and then I'm going to french-press it and then tomorrow morning I'm putting it in the espresso machine and FUCK I COULD PUNCH THE EARTH OUT OF ORBIT RIGHT NOW.

12. 8Track

8Track
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The GF is dragging me to some wine and cheese paring/tasting tonight. It should be fun since the old adage," If it's free it's for me" applies to this event. The only thing I don't like is I have to dress nicely and talk to some over educated twat mouths about how this cheese goes best with this wine and this wine goes best with this cheese. Ill probably just end up eating a handful of cheese and gulping down some wine just to embarrass myself and others nearby.

BTW, what wine goes best with an empty glass?

13. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You must be a business owner.

It escalated, I'm pigheaded and she wasn't in the right. I also work for a large corporation, so, she has little power over my hiring or firing and I'm part of a fairly large, albeit somewhat useless, union.

14. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I need to go to the liquor store. That sounds like a great start to the day.

One of our athletes gave us 3 bottles of wine for Christmas.
    Prior to this, I wasn't much of a wine drinker. Just didn't 'set' well with me and wasn't something I particularly enjoyed.

I heart wine. I've decided I was a nimrod all those years I didn't drink it.

P.S. baseball practice starts this weekend. This is my favorite time of year.

15. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

It's almost the weekend which means more playoff football. I love and hate this time of the year. It's a climax before a terrible drought, like most of your sex lives. HA!

And BD, that poor boy looks so sad it's painful to look at. Are you sure? He'd be great with the kid, a source of relaxation for you when you (and the wife) are at your wits end with the kid and like my rep said, you're his human. I don't expect to change your mind here or make it any harder than it already is but.....boo. Sad Tex.

16. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I just had a bottle of Leffes and then went out and bought 8 cans of carlsberg for £6. I couldn't be happier that I'll be able to get drunk tonight, haven't been drunk in about 6/7days which is probably the longest I've been dry in 3 years.

Shame I've got no-one to drink with, oh well I'll just dig up old posts by KIMaster and neg rep them.

17. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This is gonna be a good weekend. Just bought an RC Helicopter, going to a hockey game tonight, drinking before during and after said hockey game, getting laid afterwards, then football tomorrow afternoon and night, then football sunday.

Yes.

Let the drinks begin. Actually, I should probably take one more swing at the helicopter before I drink. This thing's hard enough to fly sober.

18. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just started back to school on Monday. Two of my classes with require way too much work for someone who works during the day. I'm going to drink away how pissed i am.

19. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3 day weekend!!!! Wooooooooooooooo!!!

Too bad I have duty on Sunday night and start Systems class on Tuesday. Oh well, I have a beer in hand and a sammich in front of me. Today is good.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I celebrate Cinco De Mayo by having a nap, so I don't see the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.