Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Weekend Dru- BANG!11/19/10..EXTENDED 4 'merican THANKSGIVING

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Hunting season opens down here this weekend, which means I'm going to be spending the next several weekends sitting at the bottom of the river swamp that is our hunting lease, drinking whiskey and doing my damnedest to bag a neematoad. Or a deer or hog or ducks or rabbits or something. But man, a neematoad would just be the tits.

My little brother and I have been working all this past summer building a new camp for ourselves. Here is what we used to have:

[​IMG]

The problem with this setup was that the shortest member of my family is my little brother, and he is 6'5. None of us could 1) stand up straight inside, or 2) fit in any of the beds. It was serviceable, but we wanted something a little nicer/comfortable. So we pulled the trailer out, expand the deck, and enclose everything around the tin roof:

[​IMG]

All we really have left to do is finish the ceiling panels, hang some of the trim, and then furnish it. I can't wait to sit on the porch, with a pot of food simmering on the outside burner, sipping whiskey and telling stories by the fire pit. Oh, and I guess I might hunt too. Maybe.

Anyways, how about pretty ladies with guns for this week? Sound good? Sure, why not. I'm having a beer lunch today (dad's birthday), so I'll see yall on the other side.

2. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Weekend Dru- BANG! 11/19/10

The Girlfriend is actually not working tonight, so we'll be going out for the first time in a couple weeks.

But first, I have some Four Loko in the fridge at home that I'm gonna try before we go out. Curiosity got the best of me.

3. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is that a banjo I hear playing in the distance?

I'm going to attempt to take it easy on the boozahol this weekend. I went to the gym last night (for the first time in a month or two), stepped on a scale, and discovered that i weigh more than I have ever weighed in my life. Shit, I weight more than most NFL linebackers. Drinking my calories isn't helping.

4. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Tonight: Knicks-Warriors game in Oakland. Lifelong Knicks fan who has never been able to see them play. Tomorrow: Stanford-Cal Big Game in Berkeley. Lifelong Stanford fan. When I get home, its Paul Williams against Sergio Martinez in what could be one of the best fights of the year. Sunday: Buccaneers against Niners in Frisco. Longtime Bucs fan. What are the fucking odds of my three favorite teams in three different sports playing on the road in the Bay Area in one weekend?

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Hell, that looks damn civilized!

6. Fracas

Fracas
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm a bit curious, too, if only because it's about to disappear, and I'm surprised that, after crack, MMA and three Jackass films, that's where America finally drew the line. Verily, the empire crumbles. I was going to invest in that shit.

I suppose I can always keep putting vodka in my coffee.

7. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, no kidding, I would be pretty happy with that setup myself. Nice place!

This weekend will hopefully be low key as it's -20*C right now. We still don't have running water at the house and have been scavenging water off our friends, neighbors and parents. Whatever, at least we have a fridge now.

I'm going to try this Four Loko shit out, seeing as everyone is all uppity about it.

8. Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Doe week starts Saturday. Lot's of Bambi's mommas' are gonna die. I'm excited. I told my co-worker that, and she looked at me like I was nuts. She goes, "You are a girl.... You aren't supposed to enjoy killing things... You're mother just must be so proud of you... Shouldn't you be shopping and getting your nails done?" Dumb bitch.

I got my Christmas present early last night. Winchester 270. I almost purred. I have issues.

9. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I want to as well but don't even know where to get the stuff.

Lazy low key weekend with NO plans. Have a football game to watch Sunday morning. I hope it's a good one and not a total blow out but, either way I know which team will win. This will make me happy.

[​IMG]
    Just block out the two on the right and concentrate on the two on the left.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'm doing sweet fuck all this weekend.

Spent the week in the big city having a blast, and now need to recuperate.

I did come back to my parent's place last night to find that my "Ultrasonic Dog Trainer" had arrived.

There's a nice but untrained dog in the back yard of the neighbour over the fence out back, and they just leave their dog alone in his kennel. He barks like a mad fiend, probably because he's lonely as hell. Wouldn't say he's abused, just neglected. (Personally, I consider that abuse).

When he's alone, he barks. A lot.

So I picked up a little ultrasonic trainer for the folks as an early Christmas gift. It'll sit on their back porch, and can work automatically via a sensor or using a small remote control, so that every time he barks, a sonic blast will sound as negative reinforcement.

Hopefully it'll get rid of the barking.

Dad's first question: "will it work on squirrels?"

11. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Semi-formal tonight. There will be pre-drinking. And drinking. Could there be post-drinking? And right now I think I'm pre-pre drinking because I have a two hour informational seminar on upcoming rotations and I'm having a beer because holy fuck are these seminars irritating and useless.

I think I have pleased the refrigerator gods because this week my fridge gave unto me two forgotten cans of Steamwhistle. Oh, how glorious they were.
    [​IMG]

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And I did find that Sarah Palin's Alaska was recorded and saved on the PVR. That might be an entertaining train wreck to watch while having a beer or 3.

13. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does anyone in Boston or CT know where they sell this shit? I didn't want to try it before, but now that they're going to ban it I want to try it before it's gone.

14. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A liquor store a stone's throw from my place has it, and another one further up the road as well. The closer guy (who I know on a first name basis) told me that he sells so much of it he can barely keep it in stock.

Edit: It's probably not a good sign that I know the liquor store owner on a first name basis, is it?

15. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I should have specified the Hartford area, I keep forgetting if you're near me or down near Fairfield or whatever.

Sometimes when I'm partying a lot I won't go back to the same liquor twice in a row because I'm afraid they'll judge me.

16. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I'm about 40 minutes away. Probably a little far to travel for Four Loko. But seriously man, with all the poor shitheads running around, Hartford has to be the mecca for $3 malt liquor in a can.

As far as the liquor store goes, I'm way beyond him judging me. At this point, he's probably just happy I'm putting his kids through college.

17. BadBrains

BadBrains
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Don't know which side of the river you are on, but I know Town and Country Liquors on Silver lane in East Hartford has it. People were buying that shit like crazy at the last UCONN game.

18. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tomorrow I'm helping friends move furniture out of an apartment and into my garage where it'll sit for 2 weeks until their house (up the road from me) is finished and the papers have been signed... ugh.

Tonight I'm firing up some fantasticly potent blueberry crumble and watching this little gem of a movie.

#18 Guy Fawkes, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  19. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My friend found a place in Queens that's selling four loko for essentially half price. We're currently buying as much as we can.

20. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.