Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

WEEKEND APRIL FOOLS DENOUEMENT and Pranks Thread!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nerdgasm

Nerdgasm
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

[​IMG]

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That is too fucking funny.

Seriously, I had temp-banned Poopy for poking fun at nerds.

Well played, sir. Well played.

3. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I haven't read this entire thread yet but... damn if you didn't get me. I was ready to PM frylock and tell him to hang in there and PM nett to tell him he was both out of line and hilarious. Fuck, the whole thing was hilarious and wrong at the same time.

Mod's, you got me and a lot of others. Mostly because you were dedicated, really you stuck with it, damnit I'm kinda pissed I fell for it, I wanted to send Fry a PM and Nett a PM to tell him he was funny as hell blasting Fry. I bought it, thankfully not enought to have PM'd anyone.

Good work, awkward/funny/horrible. PERFECT

4. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I fell for it. Not 100% but way more than enough for me to stop myself from posting some off color suicide jokes. The only thing that really tipped the scales into "has to be a prank territory" was Blue Dog's quote of what Nettdata said about the way Fry bumped threads. A three year old infused with mountain dew and meth or something like that. But BD redeemed himself by giving me a rep that made me think it was completely real.

I fell for BL1Y's Tucker Max prank too. I didn't even read the article. I was too busy laughing at thinking about Alpha Male Tucker Max wearing Crocs.

5. goodlife23

goodlife23
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm definitely not going to say I didn't believe it at all. In fact, the fact that it went into April 2nd made me lean towards it being real. But there were two issues that kept me from falling for it hook, line, and sinker. First, the original premise of charging for access to the site as the April Fool's prank seemed below what I've come to expect from the mods here. So having that thread turn into a serious mod war made sense as the actual April Fool's prank.

Second, given my limited perspective of the fight between Dr Frylock and everyone else (the prank including a lot of references to the private boards that the members don't have access to), what didn't make sense was Nettdata saying something horribly offensive and cruel to Dr Frylock after he experienced a huge personal tragedy and then all the other mods attacking Dr Frylock and not Nettdata. That part just didn't add up for me.

But overall, I'd say you got me and most other members. So well done.

6. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

I take responsibility. I got a C+ in Improvisational Transgressive Humor in college. It was my lowest grade.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

No shit.

That subscription thread was a 20-second drunken post I made when bored.

The other stuff was just ad-libbed.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Fixed that for you. Again.

9. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

SO WHAT? IT WAS ACCREDITED!

10. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's different, I was doing it to encourage drinking.

11. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was funny that I didn't give a fuck either way.

Hooray for me.

12. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: WEEKEND APRIL FOOLS DENOUMENT And Pranks Thread!

• This isn't true, I don't know if there are others however I was in the group who not only knew it was a prank but found it so fucking stupid I avoided the site over the weekend and had my opinion of the place as a whole lowered.

Without having to read all the threads did people actually buy this bullshit?

13. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes

• Somebody get this guy a fucking trophy!

14. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Motherfucker I want a parade. It takes an incredible intellect to see through a normally conservative guy berating another guy about his sisters suicide and hinting it was due to incestual relationship while the peanut gallery chirps in leave it on the mod board. I want fucking recognition for my god-like insight.

I thought the entire schtick was a gross insult to the intelligence of anyone who posts here. Evidently given those who emotionally invested themselves into falling for it the perpretators of the prank were on the money in summing up their target.

15. vex

vex
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The subscription post alone almost had me. Once I thought about it more, I figured that this board did not have the amount of members necessary to cut the viewership to a third at best with a subscription plan.

The Frylock thing flew way over my head though. It was awkward to read through and by the end I just wanted to stop reading. I can be really heartless, but some of the comments in that thread made me shake my head thinking "that's crossing the line." Moments later, the ass hole comments had me laughing out loud and then I had to ponder what kind of a shitty person laughs at suicide jokes when someone is going through a sister's suicide.

I got a warm fuzzy feeling when I opened this thread and saw the gandalf pictures. I am always illustrating my points with references to popular films and I knew immediately what was about to hit me.

I got punked.

16. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For the record I actually fell for the subscription prank, my prior comments were for the second prank.

17. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

On one of my other boards, I hit them with two April Fools posts every year (one on the main [music] board, one on the off topic board). Last year, I had Mike Portnoy leaving Dream Theater and a few months later, well, this happened.

One of the pranks I've considered involves staging a really nasty argument, with a guy on the board I've been friends with since we were posting on Compuserve in 1994. With the success of the April Fools drama here, I may just have to talk to him about giving it a shot next year...

Oh and yes, I was punk'd.

18. roy jones

roy jones
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It was an ok joke. I lost interest when the pay-to-post model was admitted to being a joke.

I'm more pissed you guys are spending more time apologizing for hurting somebody's feelings.

When did this become enotalone?

19. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    One time I pissed on my girlfriend in the shower. That was kind of funny, I guess.

She was "pissed".

Get it?

20. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

A nice dinner.

Preferably something Mexican or Indian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.