Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

WEEKEND APRIL FOOLS DENOUEMENT and Pranks Thread!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pato

Pato
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Re: WEEKEND APRIL FOOLS DENOUMENT And Pranks Thread!

This whole ordeal made me terribly uncomfortable. Must be me though. Well done, I guess. I didn't even know there was a separate board, just for mods.

I wouldn't have expected anything else from the Thundering Assholes.

2. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

Wow I just saw this in the R&R thread:

Mm hmm.

3. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bullshit.

I DEMAND THAT YOU CATER TO MY NEEDS IMMEDIATELY, SIR! THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!

#43 Rob4Broncos, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

jahhahaha the thurdnern assholes allright jeepers creepers

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

What you "need" is to be banned for a day. Just because.

6. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was almost a nice guy and was going to tell him to delete that post... almost.

7. numeric

numeric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I bought the subscription plot for as long as it took me to read Nett's post, but for Frylock I just assumed he got drunk and tried to play god and you other residents of Mt. Olympus beat him down for it.

8. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Said this in the drunk thread, and I'll repost it here:

I won't say I ever 100% bought it (believe that or not), mostly because Nett was being SO over-the-top, but the longer Frylock was out, the more I was believing it. If he'd have stayed away until even tomorrow, I'd have bought it completely. Admittedly, I'd still come in here and claim I was skeptical, so now even I don't know if I bought it or not. I'm over thinking this.

What I do know is that, since I've started posting here, Nett is one of the last people I'd expect to be making comments as downright cold blooded and evil as they were (I can think of a few posters that would make those hateful comments, but not Nett). He just has never acted like that before, so that was tough to buy.

So again, kudos on the commitment. I'm impressed that it was improvised so well, and now I know for next year: do not believe a single fucking thing that happens on this board on April 1st.

9. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Poopuri, the same guy that thinks people who post drunk online are pathetic (nothing against the guy, honest, I like the majority of his posts). But to be fair to him he said even if this was fake that his statement stands.

As for the saying Nett and Fry were the wrong people to pick, I disagree, I think they were the perfect ones for the job since they are usually so level headed, but have always had that quiet "real world vs academic world" tension.

10. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its not that I wouldn't see Nett and Fry arguing. That I could see. It was that Nett was being so over-the-top with his comments. If you scrolled over Frylock's neg. rep when he was 'banned' it said "probably killed his sister." That seemed monumentally shitty for Nett to do. Then there were other comments in the drunk thread that kept it going.

I think the other reason I was so skeptical is that this place has always, ALWAYS been one of the best moderated forums I've ever seen, in that they don't let shit like that go very long, if at all. The fact that they left the argument in the April Fools Day thread also sort of gave it away. It'd have sold it more if someone had deleted all the posts of the argument from the thread, but I understand why they didn't (it allowed people to see what was going on for themselves).

We're talking about a forum where you'll get your posts deleted for directly insulting anyone (outside of rep, where insults are the norm from some) with a "save it for rep or PM" note.

Okay, I swear, I'm done poking holes, but let me reiterate that I am impressed by the whole ordeal. If nothing else, it was quite fun to watch.

11. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah that was more horribly awkward for everyone except you guys than funny.

12. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes

What the fuck?

Didn't anyone ever teach her to share with the rest of the class?

13. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

OHHH yes..

Not really my scene, but I would like to think I am not so socially stunted as to be "that guy" in it. Last time I participated in such a scene, we all went to Burger King on the way back and I taught everyone how to win Whoppers at the "drop a quarter on the platform" game. There is little that is funnier than watching 12 drunks start doing the Brazilian "ole ole ole ole" soccer chant at the top of their lungs in a Burger King after you have won them a fourth Whopper. Even the cooks in the back were laughing their asses off.

14. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You're that guy.

15. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She did awhile back. On the boobie and booty thread. But has since had them removed. Too bad.

16. Politik

Politik
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I see I've been beaten to the punch here but Poopouri's post creeped me out far more than the actual mod fight.

"I love watching people drown socially." Rock on, you alpha social butterfly. If whether or not you can get drunk at a tailgate is your litmus test for social skills it's time to look inwards.

17. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theidiotboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2221&p=116633&hilit=april+fool%27s+day+prank#p116633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2221&p=116633&hilit=april+fool%27s+day+prank#p116633</a>

It was plausible, sure, but I wasn't about to start believing anything that happened yesterday until people confirmed it today. If my little sister had called to tell me my parents died in a horrible car accident yesterday, I wouldn't have believed it until today.

Best one that I did that comes to mind was really not that big, and I was only 12, but I always chuckle when I remember it. My parents and I were watching a movie in the basement, and I went to the bathroom on a slow part. I put a bunch of red food coloring in my eyebrow, and let it drip down my face. On the way out of the bathroom, I slammed my hand against the door jam, and screamed in mock pain.

My Mom looked like someone had kicked her in the soul. Not that funny, I guess, more mean. Makes me laugh, though.

18. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck, I take one little nap and I miss all this. I just want to go on record saying that I never bought it, and avoided commenting on any of it for that reason. I've been basically looking for this post all day.

However, I am very impressed by the dedication, it was well played and well acted.

Back to drinking for me.

19. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

20. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Hey guys, I totally didn't buy into it, because I'm really smart. Just wanted to pop in here and say that. Don't want anyone thinkin' I'm dumb like you guys! And in case you were wondering, yes, this self-given pat-on-the-back DOES feel really good..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.