Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Weeds - Season 6

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by mekka, Aug 2, 2010.

1. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

For anyone who isn't aware, the first episode of season 6 has been leaked. I'll refrain from discussing it until a mod says yes or no, given that it hasn't aired for the masses yet.

I'm not even sure how many people around here still watch this show, but whatever, let's see if this thread has legs.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Although it has betrayed it's own plot (Seasons 1-3, which were unbeatable) with this ridiculously out of contol Mexican storyline, I still wach it and still find it entertaining. This show is supposed to be about marijuana distribution and the people involved in suburbia, not about political struggle in Baja.

Still, I enjoyed the finale a lot with Shane smashing that cunt's skull open in the pool. That was the best way to end a season yet. I hope they go back to the focus soon, though.

3. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This show has become an awful parody of itself. There is not a single and I mean not a single fucking character that you can root for or get behind. They are either tragically narcissistic, pussy-like, psychopathic, clueless or just evil without reason or nuance. I watched the leaked episode and it didn't feel like 22 minutes. It felt like 2 hours.

Only character I like is surprisingly Alanis Morrisettes and

Apparently she won't be around anymore because Andy is not just pussy-like but completely constructed of pussy

WHERE THE FUCK IS CONRAD?!?!

4. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I have to agree. The premiere didn't really do much for me at all. As already stated in the post above, the characters are just terrible lately. Nancy has no redeeming qualities, Andy seems more pathetic than funny, and they made Doug, a character who was already a parody, a parody of himself. They need to go back to their roots and have Nancy slinging green in suburbia or something similar. Something small, that way they can bring out the qualities in the characters that we all liked.

5. megan

megan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Here is the trailer for Season 6 for those who haven't seen it yet. I like that they are taking it in a completely different direction. The show clearly needed a big change, lets just hope it improves.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sho.com/site/video/brightcove/series/title.do?bclid=88981994001&bcpid=14034155001&bctid=129231104001" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sho.com/site/video/brightcov ... 9231104001</a>

Anyone want to share the link for Ep. 1?

6. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thanks, that looks at least somewhat promising. I'll up the link for the torrent when I get home if no one else drops it.

7. ksp

ksp
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

<a class="postlink" href="http://eztv.it/ep/21750/weeds-s06e01-dvdrip-preair-xvid-burn/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://eztv.it/ep/21750/weeds-s06e01-dv ... xvid-burn/</a>

Piratebay wasn't working, just choose one of the torrent files there under the download links.

8. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Thank you for posting the link, ksp. As per my latest Rant & Rave post, I'm downloading the episode now instead of watching it when it airs tonight.

Then I'm going to dig up Ted Rogers' corpse and smack it around a bit. Because it'll make me feel better.

9. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm digging the new season so far. And nothing substantial has even happened yet.

Andy has to be my favorite character now. I hated him at first, but he's probably the funniest part of the show.

And Doug, but I'm a sucker for Kevin Nealon.

10. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a little more intrigued by the plot now. I think the ending was a hint that we might get more Doug, which is good. I lol'd a bit when Shane stole the stroller, though overall he creeps me the fuck out.

Oh, that hippie chick who answered the door at the pot house is so fucking cute. Wow, she is like a little hot pixie. I hope she doesn't go away. Damn.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That hippy chick was soooo adorable, yet plowable. Is is Shawnee Smith? Sarah Conner is her mom. She's looking a little Clint Eastwood-ish now. Shane saying in complete deadpan that he would have still killed somebody even in a world without drugs made me crack up very loudly. He is one of my favourite characters on TV these days.

At least they're FINALLY going back to dealing (like this show was originally supposed to be about) even if it's Brown Brick. I like that we're slowly swaying away from the stupid Mexcio-beachside bullshit.

Let's face it, the first three seasons of Weeds were some of the greatest TV ever made. Doug was hysterical and Conrad and Co. helped ground the characters. I STILL love watching them, and if the show can at least make an honest attempt to gte back to that than it can really save itself.

12. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Next weeks episode is going to be great.

The preview featured Doug and Andy as evangelical preachers, and Nancy having sex with Zach Morris. I have a feeling it may be the best half hour of TV all year.