Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Wednesday Stupid Thread: Who Wore it Best?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My office has slowly grown more business casual over time. I think this is mostly due to the SEO people getting their act together. For awhile there were about 5-10 guys out of 150 that would dress like they gave a fuck. Button down (tucked or untucked), nicer jeans, and usually a leather semi-dressy shoe. When it gets to the summer some guys let go with T-shirts, shorts and flip-flops. It seems like more guys are either having their girlfriends dress them, or on the hunt because everyone is looking more professional which I like. Everyone wears jeans, except for the girls who wear all sorts of shit, but at least the shirts and shoes are getting better. The only T-shirts I ever wore to work are from a current client so I get a pass on that. YAY Threadless!

2. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Black slacks, French blue button-down, gray plaid sport coat, all Ralph Lauren. This is as dressy as I get for work.

3. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why would anyone want a picture of my workout clothes? They're boring. Well. Boring as neon colors can be I guess...but still. Let the ladies who actually look like ladies post some eye candy.

4. Pussy Galore

Pussy Galore
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Gray tunic top, black leggings, and flip flops. I wish I could post photo from my phone, because I feel today is one of my "cute" days (as opposed to the days when I never comb my hair or put on a bra).

I'm lazy and I'm still in school, so yoga pants and t-shirts are my default. Also, I have a big ass that seems to be growing exponentially, so finding jeans that fit is becoming a more difficult task as time wears on. The bonus of stretchy pants is that they showcase my rear without giving me the dreaded muffin top.

5. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As the boss, I should have some basic level of aestheticism- usually a polo and khakis. I used to wear long sleeves shirts, but I'd constantly be wearing out holes in the elbows.

In the past I used to not give two shits and walk around in a tshirt, basketball shorts, and sandals. People respond better if you look the part. I think the type of clothing you're wearing prepares you mentally for work as well.

6. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I secretly took this photo of you.

Attached Files:

7. archer

archer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Skin tight booty shorts or leggings on a fit chick... yeah i cant imagine why a guy might want to see that.

8. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Today it's jeans, Carhartt long sleeve tee shirt, Carhartt vest because I'm basically off today. Just need to meet a client on a worksite for a bit. Bit on the cool side this morning

9. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At work Monday through Friday - Kahkis and button down shirts. For client meetings I'll get all fancied up with sport coat and tie, or suit.

At home Monday through Friday and weekends - Jeans and sweatshirts (November through March), cargo shorts and t shirts, with a golf shirt thrown in for stepping out on the town (April through December)

On every other Friday from 1 a.m. to 1:15 a.m., I wear a fedora, a tutu, and a my little pony t-shirt. A man needs outlets.

10. R_Flagg

R_Flagg
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

As one would expect with farm work, (i.e. being outside in all forms of weather), my daily work wear varies season to season. This time of year its usually just jeans, long sleeve thermal pullover, and an old BDU top, with a pair of cheap work boots from Wal-Mart. If its butt fucking cold I add some insulated overalls, long johns, and one of those Nomex hoods firefighters wear. If its hot and sunny, I'll wear a straw cowboy hat.

For just going out to the bar or whatever I usually just throw on some jeans that aren't stained with grease or manure, t-shirt from a metal concert, and my engineer boots.

11. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Dirty baseball cap, LBEB shirt, poopy pants shorts, for your viewing pleasure.

12. Nettie

Nettie
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Well, I'm so sexy at work I can hardly stand it. Top = Long john shirt, T-shirt, snug sweatshirt, with a hoodie on top. Bottom = fuzzy thermal leggings, 2 pair of socks, jeans, Vasque work boots. It gets freaking COLD in a meat locker!

Once home, everything comes off except the leggings (until summer, then that's ditched at work) and the long john shirt & T-shirt. In the summer, I change into a tank top & shorts before I leave, because going from 40 degrees to 100 degrees is the suck.

Going out, depends completely on where. Local taverns, winter, different pair of Vasque boots, jeans (I have anywhere from the skinny show my ass off ones to just plain old Levi's), and 90% of the time a sweater that shows cleavage (*shrug* If ya got it, flaunt it!). I have dresses, dress pants, etc., but rarely outside of weddings, funerals, etc., do I have a reason to wear them. I went out with some friends a month or so ago so wore black pants, flats, camisole with a dressy see throughish black shirt with white polka dots, ran by the tavern where the Harley dude works on my way home, and they told me I looked like I worked at State Farm or the IRS.

Summertime, depends on if I'm in a vehicle or on the back of a bike. I generally don't do the short shorts thing much simply because I honestly don't have much of an ass, so it's mid thigh, with lots of tank tops & camisoles (unless on the bike). On the bike, I wear more, because stupid people abound, and I'm not risking that much road rash just to look good.

13. Dude

Dude
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Colder Months: Jeans, flannels, dark button downs, beanies, wallabees or low key sneakers (I love nike janoski's)

Warmer Months: plain colored shorts w/o cargo pockets, tank tops, light/pastel button downs, flip flops or aforementioned sneakers, calf socks, wayfarers, snapbacks

Everyone who wears cargo shorts, you realize how awful those look, right?

Attached Files:

14. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm late to the party. Today shall be my black knee high boots, black leggings and a very short charcoal dress. My hair is fuschia. Yes, it's part of my outfit.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Once the shitty, hateful white death vanishes as it just did, I usually look like a beach bum. I rarely wear anything outside sandals unless I have to, knee-length shorts and t-shirts. I usually have a hat or shades because bright lights give me migraines aka I look like I,m from SoCal.

Sort of on topic: Toms. I want a pair. Yes or no?

16. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, get Toms. I'm sure you'd look just fine in them.
    His late hipster/hippie awakening begins!

17. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

For some unknown reason this pisses me off. It might be because this is like some juvenile bullshit perk to a crappy job.
    I work at a good place that has no written, formal, or standard dress code. Just use common sense. Other than myself and the outside sales people, no one even sees our customers. However, every Friday the majority of people I work with wear jeans like they are finally breaking out of their Monday through Thursday shell of khaki pants.
    To answer the thread topic: Khaki pants, polo shirt, underwear optional (Its a weird part of the Employee Handbook).

18. The Dread Pirate

The Dread Pirate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I wear some variation of this for the entire summer (when I'm not working).

Polo shirt, shorts, brown flip flops:

Attached Files:

19. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And, sorry, but khakis are FAR more comfortable that jeans.

20. mav_ian

mav_ian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Sunday evening here, I got me a loose black t-shirt, drawstring sweat pants and almost three days' stubble. Oh and slightly bent glasses.
    Here's a selfie I took in the wee hours of the morning, I was full of spritzers. I'm sitting on the floor in from of my couch, and you can only see me from the top half, which is probably a good thing. What of it? [spoilered for size]
    [​IMG]
    Fuck yeah, whatever you can say about my appearance, I'm damn happy with that chest hair. I feel that it's thick enough without taking the piss.

Out and about I'm usually a t-shirt and jeans kind of guy. About 55%+ of the t-shirts are Batman themed, another 20-ish% sundry pop culture themed. My jeans are never tight in the leg, lately I've had to make do with "regular fit" because it's mostly all straight leg bullcrap these days at the local stores, I prefer darker coloured jeans, dark grey/black if possible but standard blue is fine.
    When it's cooler I'll usually throw on a black long sleeved shirt over the tee, leaving it unbuttoned, and/or a jacket. Sometimes the shirt will be short sleeved, but I'm starting to think that looks stupid (I mean if it does, I'm just now catching on).
    In the Summer the jeans give way to shorts that are long and big enough so as to leave everyone's eyes unsoiled, but come nightfall, if I'm out and about the jeans often make a comeback. When I was more of a lardo I tried to go with as many billowy layers as I could support, but now as my flab is getting less and less pronounced, I'm feeling better in stuff that follows my form a little more, and my t-shirts started getting a bit brighter.
    When it comes to my civilian wear nothing is ever tucked in.
    I got a pair of cons that I use from casual-smart casual, when I don't give a fuck i just step into a really old pair of skate shoes that are holding together by the sheer will of God alone.