Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Wednesday Stupid Thread: Who Wore it Best?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Today was a travel day, so I dressed pretty much as I normally do. Jeans, T-Shirt, Cubs hat. I might have gotten a few funny looks at my hat here in Wisconsin but not many.

Usually at work I'll wear a golf shirt and jeans. That's about as dressed up as I can get in the AG industry without making farmers feel uncomfortable when they come in the office. Its about as far as I can go before I get out of my comfort zone.

When I go out I'll wear a golf shirt without the company logo, or with if I head out after work for a couple, or a sweater (cold weather). Otherwise I'm back to T-shirts and a hat.

And no I'm not going bald, I just prefer hats.

2. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So when do we vote on who wore it best?

Right now my vote is more audreymonroe's Monday outfit.

Today I wore a red dress with black tights and a leopard print belt and shoes. At my last "office" job it was scrubs which was really pretty awesome and took the guess work out of getting ready. I didn't even have to pick out my scrubs, they were all navy blue and provided by the office. I do agree with the previous comment about scrubs contributing to weight gain. Those draw string waists are never gonna get tight!

3. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I typically wear skinny jeans, a tank top, and some sort of sweater/drape-y blouse, and since it apparently still isn't spring, my knee-high boots, which looked cooler in the fall before the salt and my tromping around destroyed them. I am no good at accessorizing, but recently realized that I can handle scarves and earrings, so now I could teach you all sorts of fun ways to wear scarves of all different shapes and sizes. Thrilling, I know. I also like silly earrings with things like dinosaurs and robots on them, because it isn't hard enough getting respect as a short girl who looks even younger than I am.

But as soon as I get home for the night, I invariably ditch everything but the tank top and underwear because fuck wearing clothes. I have curtains, and Boyfriend certainly doesn't mind, so it works out.

4. Sicnevol

Sicnevol
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Not what I have on today, however I just bought it.

[​IMG]

Unless I have to dress for work or an interview I usually look like a 12 year old boy.

I like broken in jeans and video game/ band t-shirts. Chucks.

If I have to look somewhat put together I'll wear a plain colored v-neck tee, nice jeans or an a-line skirt, and a cardigan.

I'm lazy.

5. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    I'm wearing my work stuff right now, which consists of Rocky steel toes, Levis, a John Deere t-shirt, a Key work coat and an Alpinestars hat.

And underpants.

6. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My style is fairly put together. Most days I wear dark skinny jeans and a neutral button down/blouse/crewneck sweater/cardigan or some combination of those things. For shoes I either wear black Lacoste riding boots, camel oxfords, black studded loafers or a pair of flats. My go-to bag is a camel leather Marc by Marc Jacobs carryall, but it occasionally gets switched out for something else.

Today, I was sick and had a Calculus final and looked like a slob. I wore my lululemon leggings, baseball tee with a giant leopard face on it and a black leather jacket, along with the studded loafers and my go-to bag.

7. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

I worked today, so I wore Under Armour black pants and fuschia top. I work in a pharmacy so the coat covers everything anyway and it's pretty chaotic sometimes (relax, it's just your medication, no screwups here) so I like to be comfortable. I normally try to do the top a little dressier but I wasn't supposed to work and I had planned on working out during my daughter's practice so I took a chance and wore my workout top also. I figured my boss would be happy just not being alone so it all worked out.

Did you guys hear how the Lululemon founder came up with its name? Chip Wilson, former CEO, picked it because he liked making fun of the Japanese and he knew they would have a hard time pronouncing it. It was a rather interesting article about the company.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

You piqued my interest, so I did some research.

Apparently the source article has been deleted, but I found this which is basically close enough. Apparently the founder of Lululemon did that because he wanted a "uniquely American-sounding name" (which he hoped would in turn increase sales in Japan because of the connotation). It did. And I gotta give him credit for that, because while it has racist connotations, it's also pretty smart.

However, the rest of that article makes me not overly happy with that brand. Glad my wife doesn't shop there (also, it's expensive as shit).

9. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I get a discount.
    And it's the only brand (I've got and worn Nike, UA, Reebok, and Adidas) that covers my ass, flatteringly. And, for me, it's my work clothing, and it lasts forever. I don't mind.

10. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Before work: Cargo shorts and a plain black t-shirt.

At work: Company t-shirt, baseball cap, and jeans that eternally reek of barbecue.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I'm a professional. I dress to impress motherfucker.

Attached Files:

12. slothers

slothers
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I don't have anything too unique except for:

1) No socks with my daily Toms. Toms feel pretty good on the sole of my feet, and the canvas type of material they use seem breathable. I get none of that foul hippy stench. I would not recommend tossing the whole shoe in the washer and drying afterwards though as the inserts shrink and cause pinching.

2) A good pair of underwear, I only utilize Under Armour and the sleek Calvin Klein stuff. It feels great and makes all the difference. I only am able to buy them when they are on sale due to them being roughly $20.00 a pair normally. In regards to being anti-bacterial, it does not reduce as much B.O. as one would think after a long day / working out, the duck butter is still strong to the olfactory glands.

3) Benchmade pocket knife. It is this model - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.benchmade.com/products/556" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.benchmade.com/products/556</a> in green. It is really smooth and fun to play. One of my co-workers got me into them. He carries three knives daily because you never know if you happen to be with a friend when you come across things that need cutting. For instance you could give one knife to your friend, then toss one of the other knives at a different package while you grab the other knife in your pocket. He is a joy to be around with.

4) I will say this secret for guys in case you don't know ... Perfect 10. It is a hair spray that girls use to condition their long hair. The reason I use it is as a pseudo replacement to gel. It holds ever so slightly without getting that crusty stiff feeling certain gels cause your hair to succumb to. It also smells good and gives you healthy hair, and in my mind it might somehow reduce thinning later in life.

5) Lucky Jeans - I have about 5 pairs that I constantly rotate, they get washed after about 5 outings with them. My work dress policy is pretty lax so that is what I normally wear to work (one of the pleasures of being with the engineering dept) and school and the weekends.

6) V-Neck t-shirts - I have an affliction with them and wear them daily. Ever since I started, I find regular crew necks to be too suffocating. Again thanks to my job and school, that is my usual wear. All in all I am pretty scuzzy, but I can clean up nice if needed.

Cleaning up-

I prefer Hugo Boss / Burberry fitted jackets/shirts
    Hugo Boss fitted slacks
    Ted Baker & Hugo Boss Red Label Suits
    And as another poster mentioned - Allen Edmond shoes

Unfortunately I do not make enough money to have a large selection of those items, just one or two of each to handle the random meeting / wedding / nice dinner.

13. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh we're getting all serious in here. Alright.

Outside of work I'm usually in cargo or athletic shorts; if my skinny ass is cold, strictly non-work jeans because barbecue smoke does not wash out. Plain white t-shirts are preferable but impossible to keep white. I have a closet full of old Hollister/AE/Element/Billabong shit I no longer wear because it just feels juvenile. If it's summer and I don't have to be wearing a shirt, I'm not wearing a shirt...or anything else I don't have to be wearing to avoid police calls.

Socks- no shows all the way. No one looks remotely attractive wearing knee-length socks, folded down or not. Some will say no-shows/ankle socks look like girl socks, that's fine because I'm not wearing calf-length socks.

Shoes - black/white/red new balances; at work I have black slip-resistant shoes that can pass for casual shoes with jeans.

If I have to dress up, Ralph Lauren vest and topcoat over Stafford dress shirt with a tie, Perry Ellis belt and state street shoes. I'm a poor motherfucker but I make it work.

I have this great technique for styling my hair. I get out of the shower, mostly dry it, and put a hat on. If I don't need to wear a hat, I skip the last step. Presto, don't-give-a-fuck hair.

14. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Generally, I wear a nice button up that has not seen an iron or collar pin for years, with Levis and big, black engineer boots. I also usually wear a moto-style leather jacket. My sister calls it the "biker's funeral/formal dinner ensemble", but meh. If it's a weekend, I'm wearing a plain black/grey/green t-shirt if I don't wear a button-up. A few times per week, I will wear khakis or black dress pants to work, but these days I'm more casual.

Ideally, I would like to step the dress shirt game up a bit, but my co-workers dress like lazy hippies and finding clothes that fit me here is a laughably difficult process. When/if I go back to America long enough, I'll invest in some Allen Edmonds and tailored shit so that I can pretend I'm an adult. For Korea, they are so fashion conscious it's absurd, so I tend to tone it down. Here, Uniqlo is about my speed, so I wear their stuff most of the time.

15. T0m88

T0m88
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Ladies.

Contain yourselves.

[​IMG]

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, you have all proven what I already knew, that I am as a vanilla dresser as there is, especially to work. I have four pair of khaki Dockers and a slew of plaid button-down shirts. In the Winter, the shirts are long sleeves. When I am feeling rebelious, I wear my one pair of navy Dockers. I have 12 pairs of the exact same black dress socks that I wear with my lace up brown leather water resistant shoes. When I got to project sites, I wear boots. I am horrible with fashion, don't want to spend lots of money on clothes, and red-green color blind. So, every shirt I have goes with every pair of pants I have, pretty much. I live vicariously through all of you.

Well, so far 'wildered is winning the ladies division going away, since she's the only who got bonus points. (And, brought the sass.)

For instance, the judges have given scores of 8.3 for description and 0.0 for visual aids to the following competitors:

But more importantly,
    BECAUSE GIANT LEOPARD FACE!

?
    Like a beanie? Or a Kangol?

17. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I guess since I started it, I'll join in.

Pretty average today -- long sleeve t-shirt, hoodie, jeans, jacket, boots. You get the idea.

Attached Files:

18. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

I'm pretty lucky to work where I do as far as dress code. I wear sneaker, jeans and a T-Shirt every day to the office. When I go back to this being some kind of reward outfit, like jean friday or some bullshit, I'll miss it dearly. Outside of work I'm usually wearing the same thing, except substitute shorts for the jeans. If I need to get fancy while going out with a lady friend I'll throw on a button down, jeans, and dress shoes. Yes, I'm extremely low maintenance.

19. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This thread came along on a particularly snazzy day for me.

Armani shirt and a stupid smile.

I don't wear shirts this nice every day, but the dress code here is business casual. I'm wearing dark grey dress pants and black leather shoes as well. I make sure that everything I buy for work is as comfortable as the casual stuff I wear, since I'm wearing this the majority of my conscious life.

Attached Files:

20. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I work at a media agency, for now, so its pretty casual. Yesterday I put in my 2 weeks, so I felt the need to dress up a bit. Ben Sherman fitted black pants, Ralph Lauren dress shirt, dress boot. Today, back to normal, I'm wearing a button down and jeans, untucked, cause tucking shirts into jeans makes me feel like a fool, and chukka boots.

When I get home, straight into basketball or soccer shorts, soccer pants, and a t-shirt. Its not that my work clothes are uncomfortable, but rather I have slimmer jeans and that makes it annoying to lay or sit around in cause I'm constantly adjusting or worried about stretching them out.

New job in 2 weeks will be business casual, so I need to go pick up a few more dope pairs of nice pants and a new shoe option or two.