Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Wednesday Stupid Thread: Who Wore it Best?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I'm making this thread primarily to satisfy my own curiosity. Is it unfair that I get to do that and you don't?

Don't worry about it.

This is similar to the "what's in your fridge thread", in the sense that it's a little peek into the lives of people we usually only know through words. Focus: What are you wearing today? Bonus points for pictures.

Alt-focus: What is your general style? On a given day, what can we find you wearing? Know of any cool fashion secrets the rest of us might be interested in?

Note: If people start to get really bitchy and petty about what other people wear, I'll be forced to give you positive rep. You've been warned.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I am at work. I am wearin carpenter's pants, an AC/DC t-shirt, ear plugs, safety glasses and steel toed bizoots.

Bitches come.

3. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At work I wear a suit and tie.

At home, I am typically in a white undershirt and what I call "padding around pants". They're basically soft grey drawstring pajama bottoms I guess.

Normally when I go out to hang out with folks, it's my cargo pants and long sleeved t-shirt, perhaps with a sweater.

Though tonight's poker tournament will be slacks and dress shirt since it'll also double as a networking opportunity so I'll dress up from the cargo pants a bit.

Exciting stuff.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

My day-to-day outfit is usually a suit/tie . This week I get to go business casual which is a nice treat as my client doesnt have a strict dress code.

On the weekends I dress like a complete fucking slob to compensate for having to dress up every other day. It will be basketball shorts, white T-Shirt, and flip flops all weekend. Or sweatpants. Love me some sweatpants.

5. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm at work and have on the standard office attire of khakis and a collared shirt. I normally dress like your stereotypical southern frat guy. Preemptive fuck you, I don't bother you about skinny jeans.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am wearing black levis straight leg jeans, a variation of

[​IMG]
    and this sweater.

Yes I look fly as shit. Only problem is last time I wore this sweater out, I went to the movies and got a blue icee. There was some bad communication between the icee, the straw, and my mouth. Didn't the specs of blue until I took my coat off in the office.

Otherwise I swear a plethora of button downs, my favorite brand right now is American Rag sold at Macy's. They have various shirts in different cuts that aren't flashy or boring. I pass the eye test for women in regards to making an effort, but I'm not trying to make my clothes speak for me.

Attached Files:

7. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Because it's finally 70 degrees! It's a fucking miracle!

8. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I spend the day in chinos and a polo. Which sucks, because I like wearing chinos and a polo out. Otherwise, it's t-shirt or a button down and jeans. If I don't have to leave the house I wear these old, faded gym shorts. Pants don't go on unless absolutely necessary. The minute I get home they get kicked off. Life is too short to wear pants.

Here's me in my work uniform (size spoiler):

[​IMG]

Hot. I know.

Anyone else have trouble finding shirts that fit? Either the neck is too baggy, or the cut is way too long. Who the hell are these designers sizing these t-shirts for? Arizona Jeans makes the only tees that fit my neck and arms correctly, so that's something.

9. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're right, Chompsky, this is a pretty stupid thread, but at least it's something new, so I'll play.

I'm currently wearing:
    - a Monster Magnet T-shirt
    - black Dickies work pants
    - and Rewing workboots, model #4451, the ones with the rattlesnake on the sole. Mine are customized: I replaced the hooks with regular eyelets, and I dyed them black.
    [​IMG]

In a couple of hours, I'll put on a stained old t-shirt (I've got a bunch of them) and some stained old black Dickies, and a bandana and safety glasses to go work at my shop.

I have several suits and a tuxedo with all the trimmings for special occasions (Weddings, funerals, fancy parties, court, etc.).

10. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

I'm in grey slacks and a teal argyle sweater today. It's too cold for skirts or short sleeve shirts. Tomorrow I have an offsite meeting so I'll be in a skirt and blazer. Fridays are jeans days because this is an office and office people get fucking excited about denim.

11. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Right now I am wearing socks. That's all you need to know.

12. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I'm at work and wearing a pair of green scrubs. Having worn scrubs for several years, I've come to believe that they're a contributing reason to obesity among healthcare workers. It's easy to not notice an expanding gut when your pants are held up by a drawstring.

13. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Angel blue lululemon speed shorts, an orange lulu tank top, a pink bra, and yellow nanos.

My regular style is very basic - solid colors, jeans, boots or heels. Any flash I have is in makeup hair or shoes. And even my makeup when I dress up is more about good skin and highlighting. I detest accessories and get annoyed with nearly anything but my wedding ring and a watch.

14. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This pretty much every day

Attached Files:

15. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Since I'm not employed, I usually wear just boxers for doing housework, not only due to the heat but also, when washing laundry by hand, you get saturated by soapy water, which happens like 5 days a week in this household. It's not as hot as it sounds, believe me.

If I need to go out, it's usually knee-length shorts, plain t-shirt and sneakers. For colder weather (nothing like the cold in the U.S., Canada or U.K.), replace shorts with jeans and t-shirt with a golf/polo shirt (I don't own anything by Polo though). I also have 2 suits (I have a dinner suit too but that needs some repairs - fucking moths) and plenty of slacks/chinos and a pair of black smart shoes and a pair of taupe shoes, so I can usually cobble together something if smart/evening wear is required.

One of the first things I'll buy when I have a paying job is some more suits.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

My office has jean-Fridays, but Ive been in the office on a Friday to take advantage, and neither is anyone else. At my old job it was the same deal. People would lose their fucking shit over being able to wear fucking jeans one day a week. I never did because its too muh of an association with home life and I try to separate the two as much as possible. For this exact reason, I never put any nicknacks or pictures on my desk either.

No one usually gave me shit about either, except for Debbie. Fuck you Debbie. I'm sorry your fat old cunt rots away at work and you have no one to go home to. I'm glad I don't have to look at your disgusting, nicotine beaten face everyday. Go ahead and shove that TI-83 Plus you're so god damn proud of right up your anus.

17. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yep, I wear the same two pairs of ratty jeans and handful of old T-shirts in my shop because they are already covered in myriad epoxy, paint, stains etc.

...and a respirator if I'm working with carbon fiber.
    [​IMG]
    At work I wear slacks and a button down dress shirt, also some sweaters and 1/4-zips in the winter and polos in the summer. Right now I'm wearing a blue and white striped shirt (French Connection, from an outlet) with brown slacks and shoes.

Once I come home I stop giving a fuck and put on gym shorts and an old T-shirt with sweatpants and a hoodie in the winter, or my shop clothes if that's what I'll be doing. If I'm seeing my girlfriend or going out I'll wear jeans (shorts in summer) and a T-shirt, and maybe a button up or polo.

I care a lot less about what I'm wearing now compared to a couple years ago (college). Now as long as it's clean and relatively matches, we're good to go. The few things I'm very particular about are my dress shoes being well polished and collars ironed and crisp.

18. Marburg

Marburg
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

In the OR I wear scrubs obviously with my flavor of the day in Scrub Hat. In the office I prefer a Hugo Boss Black suit, Allen Edmonds cap toe or wingtip, Brooks Brothers White Shirt with Tie and a small white pocket square barely visible over the pocket. +/- on the silver tie clip. I really prefer more of the European cuts since the American suits tend to be horribly boxy with almost a skirt going on.

At home I'll wear Shorts and a white T or if I go out I'll do jeans, a henley, and cowboy boots. Yup I'm from TX... something something steers and q......

19. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

For class: lululemon crap (I wear Wunder Unders almost every day) or T-shirt and running shorts, tennis shoes, Toms or flip flops.

For clinic: Depends on the setting. Scrubs with tennis shoes or dress pants with a nice top and flats (heels are a huge faux pas and would make your day suck in terms of comfort and function).

For home: lululemon mentioned above, tank top, T-shirt and booty shorts. 9 times out of 10 I am wearing booty shorts or tights at home. I will wear them until the last possible second before I need to change for clinic/dinner/whatever.

For everything else: Some combination of a dress, skinny jeans, top and riding boots or wedges.

20. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Today, I'm wearing the black bomber jacket that I wear most days when it's Spring or Fall, a cotton A-line dress with a print that has a zebra print background with little zebras over it, and black sandals.

Yesterday, I wore a purple sweater, dark skinny jeans, and motorcycle boots with an lightweight ombre purple scarf that my ex got me in Morocco.

Monday, I wore a red vintage Versace coat over a peacock blue dress with light blue polka dots, black tights, and black flats.

I have an answer prepared to describe my style for when I'm eventually profiled for Vogue, but it would sound dumb in the context of The Idiot Board, so hopefully that kind of paints a picture.

Also, I wear awesome hats.