Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Wearing underpants in France

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Apr 17, 2019.

1. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I grew up in south central PA, so we had the Apple Blossom Festival in the spring, and the Apple Harvest Festival in the fall. Great local food, and now that all the family orchards are getting into (legal) hard cider - great local drinks!

Back when I was on the road, we played a show at Ribfest in Tampa two years in a row. I can technically say I've opened for the Doobie Brothers (We were the first band of the day, and our sets were six hours apart, but it was the same stage, damnit).

Free meal vouchers and a seemingly unending selection of BBQ. It was heaven.

2. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Some of the few things I've had the pleasure of seeing so far.

Iguazu Falls on the Brazilian/Argentine Border - I've not yet seen Niagra but it's bigger.
    Sugarloaf Mountain in Rio was pretty sweet.
    The Blue Mountains near Sydney but make sure you have a local showing you, the Three Sisters are covered in tourists and really not that great.
    Snorkelling in Guam was awesome.
    I'll also echo any comments made about the Grand Canyon, very glad I dragged my dusty arse up in a chopper for a look.

The Sydney Opera House is I think a bit of a let down and again covered in tourists but to be fair I'll say the same about most famous buildings due to the fact I'd much rather be out in nature.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Treat yourself to the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan if you are EVER within driving distance of it. Besides being THE ultimate car collection and display, the amount of other American historical artifacts it contains is dizzying. Everything from Lincoln’s death chair to Edison's House to the original Star Trek outfits, it’s probably the best museum in America outside of The Smithsonian. The exterior is a beautiful colonial building and the interior is design at its absolute finest.